Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My Latest Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 08:57 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Holy smokes! Tremendous attention to detail. Great idea, I hate the visual radar detector.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:32 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I knew there was something I wasn't getting in the photo progression; the fact that you grafted the lamp holders onto your molded piece. I thought somehow you were able to get that from the mold, and I wasn't seeing it. Now I understand how you did what you did.

Thanks for the 'splain.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Nicely done!

Old 03-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Aston502 will become famous soon enough
Very slick

Old 11-14-2015, 08:17 PM
little nellie is on a distinguished road
Karl. can you tell me how to remove the lamp housing?

thanks

Old 11-15-2015, 07:51 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:24 PM
Stealthssfc is on a distinguished road
I know this is an old thread but Karl, Im curious to know if the V1 is able to sense rear radar as well since the rear is covered. I have a V1 as well that I currently have hardwired as to not have wires hanging down but I love the look of your setup. I also have the repeater that I an currently not using but I like what you did incorporating it into the center console.

Thanks,

Scott

Old 01-11-2019, 12:42 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stealthssfc
I know this is an old thread but Karl, Im curious to know if the V1 is able to sense rear radar as well since the rear is covered. I have a V1 as well that I currently have hardwired as to not have wires hanging down but I love the look of your setup. I also have the repeater that I an currently not using but I like what you did incorporating it into the center console.

Thanks,

Scott
There was no effect on rear radar sensitivity as the housing is transparent to radar waves. I have a newer Vantage now, which has a different setup for the map lights, so my V1 now sits behind the rearview mirror instead of fully enclosed. Not as stealthy, but you can't see it at all when you are in the driver seat. The remote display is mounted by the OBDII connector piggy-backed onto a Savvy module by my left knee and I can see the arrows through the steering wheel with just a quick glance down. Because of the remote display, the lights on the main unit are off and won't give me away to trailing traffic.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:18 PM
CardiffArms is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Karl,

How have you mounted the V1 head unit in your new Vantage? Surely not suction cups!! Any chance of a couple of pics?

In my 997 Cab I built a custom black painted steel platform that was mounted onto the header rail, with the V1 attached to the platform. Virtually invisible from the outside. Remote display was mounted on a custom panel on the front of the oddments tray in the center console. Looked very integrated.

I will be picking up my new (to me) 2015 V8V next week and planning ahead for my V1 mount. Sounds like Savvy is an easier install than a hardwired install, but feels like the remote display should be somewhere more visible. Does it really work okay down by the OBD2 port?

Cheers,
Mike