6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Aston Martin battery conditioner (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/283210-aston-martin-battery-conditioner.html)

Dr P 08-05-2012 10:28 AM

Aston Martin battery conditioner

Guys my need a battery conditioner, don't want to pay 400$ AM one, I know the cTEK 3300 works with V8V, and fraction of the price?
But they have to connect to the battery and by the cig lighter of the AM, any recommendations on which to get?

dicktahoe 08-05-2012 10:37 AM

Order the CTEK 3300 from any internet supplier. Go to Radio Shack and buy the 12V Cigarette adapter. Then cut the battery connectors off the CTEK, connect the red wire to the center of the Cigarette adapter and the black to the ground on the adapter. Then pull the panel from the passenger side trunk area, where the fuse box is, and plug the cigarette adapter into the 12V outlet that is there. Done!

cuemaster 08-05-2012 11:20 AM

this^

LRDog 08-05-2012 11:37 AM

Is there not a power connection (12V connection - cig ligther female end?) in the trunk (sorry, boot) like on the DB9?

Ctek is same unit w/o AM logo....

Dr P 08-05-2012 02:44 PM

Is it th e 3300 or 8

MikeD 08-05-2012 06:37 PM

Get the Ctek 3300 or 4.3 and buy the cigarette lighter adapter. Check the Ctek website or Summit or Ebay. I use the 4.3 with my DBS and it works beautifully.

RicoDB9 04-23-2014 04:47 PM

With respect to battery tenders, you can buy a fully electronic 2A smart charger for $40 at Canadian Tire... if your patient they go on sale every once in a while for $25. It has a cigarette lighter adapter and I plug it right into the cigarette lighter interface thing in the trunk... works like a jet!!!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mo...l#.U1hBFF6_fVk

flinder 04-24-2014 03:23 AM

Battery tips

A couple of years ago, having had good experience with my CTEK, and needing another charger, I called CTEK and learned the model that comes in our cars charge at only a maintenance rate. It was designed for that purpose alone.

The technician advised if I bought a model that included icons for both motorcycle and automobile to use the motorcycle position for maintenance. The cycle charge rate is half the auto rate...the battery would not be stressed/overheated if I used the cycle icon; and it would last longer.

Another time I noticed the tiny light on the Vantage's CTEK was out. It was plugged into the 110 outlet, the red plastic end was secure in the boot but the light was out. I twirled the red plug in its socket and the connection was renewed, the light came on.

yo-lily 02-19-2016 07:17 PM

hello sir, do you know how to start 2009 v8 vantage, I tried jump start, but cannot work, I think the battery is dead.

larryg 02-20-2016 04:45 AM

Are you sure that the motorcycle icon charges at 1/2 the rate?
That may even be safer.
I use a CTEK 4.3 for my V8V and R8.
CTEK makes a socket connector that works perfectly with the Aston.
On my 2014 the charging socket is found in the right side of the boot compartment.

telum01 02-20-2016 10:40 AM

I use the motorcycle rate on the CTek I got from Amazon. No issues with it, no battery issues.

I'll be continuing to use it with my lightweight battery, will really put it to the test ;)

EDIT: Looks like the forums are starting to auto-hyperlink ads into text... not f'ing cool :mad:

rohnin 02-21-2016 04:10 PM

when do you guys actually need to use this battery conditioner? i remember going two weeks without starting the car and it was fine

XJRS Owner 02-21-2016 07:46 PM

If you NEED to use it, then I would submit you're too late. I'll just say mine are plugged in whenever the cars are in the garage, 24/7. Don't need the pain that accompanies a marginal battery charge state.

shootermcgav1n 05-23-2016 03:48 PM

Do any of you just plug the conditioner in to the power port in the console? I just read in the manual they advised to plug it in via the trunk power port, don't know if it makes any diff. Coming from a Porsche I'd only ever had the option of plugging it in to one in the main cabin.

Jeff_335i 05-23-2016 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n (Post 4519374)
Do any of you just plug the conditioner in to the power port in the console? I just read in the manual they advised to plug it in via the trunk power port, don't know if it makes any diff. Coming from a Porsche I'd only ever had the option of plugging it in to one in the main cabin.

I plug mine in via the trunk power port. The power port in my console is gone, replaced with a satellite radio control panel and the power connection now runs my Dension Gateway 500 for the stereo.