Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What is the best way to lower my 2010 DBS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:36 AM
jess996 is an unknown quantity at this point
What is the best way to lower my 2010 DBS?

Im thinking to lower my DBS but not too aggressive, anyone here know what is the best way?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Best way would be a threaded coil cover setup, this allows you to ajust the height you prefer but does cost $$$$. The much cheaper way that is common and still safe is aftermarket coil spring which will set you to a non adjustable lowered height.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:38 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Simply don't do it as it will compromise the ride/handling and make it annoying to live with what with the constant front-end scraping and ultimate damage to your front spoiler. The DB9 looks perfectly fine the way it is. Stop obsessing over that aspect of your car and enjoy the ride.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:47 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jess996
Im thinking to lower my DBS but not too aggressive, anyone here know what is the best way?
Solution...stop thinking about it.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:56 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
DBS is fine the way it is, same thing for a DB9 with sport Pack. These are suspensions designed around the car and the chassis, and the components are meant to work together., leave it alone, it's a tuned suspension and meant to be the height it is from the factory.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:16 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Agree with the advice against lowering. Don't do it. Not only will you scrape the nose on everything, but I'd also worry about messing with the adaptive damping system in the DBS.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:57 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
^^^ Agree with all the above. More hassle than it's worth, and the car is low enough already IMHO.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:13 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I agree...just for comparizon sake my car is a DB9 (same body/chassis) with sport pack and 6 speed manual. The suspension is sport pack, lowered springs, stiffer dampers, larger anti-roll bars etc...it sits perfectly and handles like it's on rails...

have a look...

Last edited by sunir; 08-21-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Malibu101481 is on a distinguished road
What paradise do you live in that is free of pot holes, drains and speed bumps????

Please tell me!

My stock ride height Vantage will thank you!!!

Old 08-24-2012, 05:32 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in the minority here but I lowered my DB9 with H&R springs mainly b/c it sits too high in stock form (mine has sport pack) for my taste. I don't track the car, drive spiritedly on the street; it doesn't ride overly stiff or rough, handles like a go-kart and I don't scrape the front. On my I-pad now or I'd post but a pic but you can find some if you search.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:54 PM
^^^ LR having the sport springs which are already lower then stock DB9 springs, then going to H&R what difference did you notice, like what was the delta in mm of drop from Sport springs to H&R? I know going from standard springs to H&R can be a bit of a difference, guessing maybe 3/4 of an inch or so, dunno what the delta between sport pack springs and H&R would be... I've wondered this just never had any info on it...thanks man

Old 08-24-2012, 06:10 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
If memory serves, it was 1" rear and .75" front. I measured b/f and after, I'll look in my file and confirm.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:22 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ LR having the sport springs which are already lower then stock DB9 springs, then going to H&R what difference did you notice, like what was the delta in mm of drop from Sport springs to H&R? I know going from standard springs to H&R can be a bit of a difference, guessing maybe 3/4 of an inch or so, dunno what the delta between sport pack springs and H&R would be... I've wondered this just never had any info on it...thanks man
H&R are known to have a stiff ride FYI. I have H&R's on my M5 and my wife hates it. Even though the drop looks perfect, I do admit the ride is a bit harsher.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:24 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Oh forgot as a side note, I would not do springs on the DBS as I'm sure it would effect the adaptive suspension system on the car.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:52 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
Sunir-do you know the drop from stock to sport pack? I recently had my Vantage with sport pack put on a flatbed and the guy had trouble getting it on the bed with his long aluminum ramps without scraping.

This guy does all the high end cars in town and multiple Astons of every type and said mine was the lowest. Until then I had never realized the sport pack had dropped the car! Now I wonder by how much?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is the best way to lower my 2010 DBS?