Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I would trade my Aston for a...(fill in blank)

Old 08-21-2012, 07:53 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I would trade my Aston for a...(fill in blank)

We all love our Astons, but if you were to trade it for another car (within reason) what would you trade it for??

I love my V12, but I could trade up to a McLaren MP4 12-C and still be very happy. It's amazing in very different ways to the Aston, and it's still Brtish.

What's yours???

Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Vanquish2002 is on a distinguished road
I think the only cars that would tempt me to part with my Vanquish would be the Aston Martin DB AR1 or the DB7 Zagato. I totally adore the looks of those two.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I would trade my DB9 potentially for a V12V or a DBS but then again I love my DB9 it's extremely unique with it's options manual 6 speed gearbox, factory sport pack, silver mesh package, and history of it being an Aston press car made for the Los Angeles autoshow and custom sill and engine plates indicating as such. I dunno kinda hard to tell, maybe for a vintage db5, I'd like to have at least one Aston in the stable, so swapping one Aston for another makes sense to me

Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
A V12 Zagato would be an amazing choice, if it were available.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:01 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Ford GT

Old 08-21-2012, 10:23 PM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
V12v

Old 08-22-2012, 05:26 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
A 458 spider if it didn't require paying up a ton.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:49 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know what next on my list yet. I really like the 458 but have been really happy with the last 2 Aston's I've had. Maybe a DBS?

Old 08-22-2012, 06:25 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
V12 Vantage... Quantum w/cream truffle gut, black heavy stitching, black carpets.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:14 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by black penguin
A V12 Zagato would be an amazing choice, if it were available.
It is!
And is based on the V12 Vantage
I think mine would be a V12 vantage roadster or the Bamford Rose equivalent

Old 08-22-2012, 07:19 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Traded my Vantage for a 430, absolutely delighted. But there was a hole in my heart so I'm searching for a DBS currently - guess I went a little backwards.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:26 AM
CPB
CPB will become famous soon enough
Hard to say. Probably would more prefer to add. However, the 458 seems most interesting to me.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Patrick B is on a distinguished road
Interesting question....hmmm.

For me, I think first on the list would be the V12V....but I have to agree with Jeremy Clarkson....I'm not a big fan of the 4 hood vents on it. I'm also quite partial to the DBS, but after the Vantage, I'm starting to think the DB9 and DBS are rather 'big' cars. The Vantage seems and feels to me so much better sized (no kids, so no need for a back seat!).

The Ford GT is a pretty solid option too....I've been eyeing those up recently, though obviously there are not too many around to choose from. That is a car I would give serious thought to. I've always loved the GT.

And also on the list, the 458 Italia. I'm not a big fan of droptops, so the coupe would be my choice. The F430 coupe is nice....but the 458 Italia seems to be better in every way (haven't driven one, so this is bench-racing at it's finest).

The Lamborghini Aventador is up there to. I've never had a craving for a Lamborghini EVER....but this is one that I like.

Last on my list, an original, big block, 427 AC Cobra. Not a kit car....an original. I know the kit cars are better in almost every way....but I could do one of those anytime. An original would be something really awesome to have.

Of all of these, only the V12V or DBS could realistically be done....and not entirely due to price....but rather how I use them. The V8V is daily-driver suitable and used as such. Both the DBS and V12V could fit that role just fine without feeling self-conscious about it. But for me, the Ford GT would obviously not be suitable as a daily driver, nor would the Lamborghini Aventador. And IMHO I just can't see myself spending $200K+ on a car to only drive it 15 days a year. I don't buy cars to maintain their value for the next buyer after me....I buy them to use them myself and to get my full moneys' worth out of the deal. If I manage to sell them for anything when I'm done....I consider that money ahead.

The one exception I would make would be the AC Cobra. As a true classic, collectors car....I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to make the attempt to drive it daily (and given it's configuration....it's not practical). I still want one anyway, and it would happily be a 15-20 day per year driven car and I use something else the rest of the time. We don't have a garage at our house, so it's really not a viable option for me.

I guess I'm sticking with Aston Martins for the rest of my life.

Patrick

Old 08-22-2012, 08:13 AM
AMNERD is on a distinguished road
Hands down a V12V!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:31 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
May be This:

Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: I would trade my Aston for a...(fill in blank)