Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Forgeline wheels on my V8 Vantage

Old 09-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Korn58 is on a distinguished road
New Forgeline wheels on my V8 Vantage

Hi guys what do you think? They are the GA1R Forgeline wheels in 19x9 front, 19x11 rear in brushed finish and clear coated. I am very happy with the quality, look and the service Forgeline provided. After dealing with several other companies I can not say enough good things about them. They said the wheels would ship in 3 weeks, they shipped in two weeks .
They weigh in at 20.37 lbs for the front and 21.01 rear.

Here are a few pics.

Attached Images      
Old 09-02-2012, 09:41 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Those look fantastic. The offsets are perfect. What tire sizes are you running on those?

Old 09-02-2012, 09:50 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
The wheels look nice. If nice is good enough, you certainly accomplished that.

Just being nice wouldn't be enough for me. I'd want something classy but with more pop. I'm still into shiny lips because I think they provide more of a custom look and catch the eye. This looks stock. Why spend big bucks and go through the effort for stock-looking wheels?

Just my thoughts. Again, it looks nice.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by yvr View Post
Those look fantastic. The offsets are perfect. What tire sizes are you running on those?
Thank you. I'm really happy with them.

The offset's are 40ET front and 52ET rear.

The tires are Bridgestone RE-11 255-35-19 front and 305-30-19 in the rear.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by ice350 View Post
The wheels look nice. If nice is good enough, you certainly accomplished that.

Just being nice wouldn't be enough for me. I'd want something classy but with more pop. I'm still into shiny lips because I think they provide more of a custom look and catch the eye. This looks stock. Why spend big bucks and go through the effort for stock-looking wheels?

Just my thoughts. Again, it looks nice.
I tried the polished lips because I was thinking the samething too, but the problem is most three piece wheels are heavy. One piece forged wheels are light. I do several motorsports events a year with this car and performance was a consideration. And, I like the classy, but with a slightly more aggresive look of the wider wheel.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:54 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
Great choice! I love yours wheels!

Old 09-02-2012, 01:22 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still into shiny lips because I think they provide more of a custom look and catch the eye. This looks stock. Why spend big bucks and go through the effort for stock-looking wheels?
'Cause an Aston is not a Lamebo or Ferrari or Corvette or BMW or whatever else...

This isn't 'pimp my ride'.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:10 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner View Post
'Cause an Aston is not a Lamebo or Ferrari or Corvette or BMW or whatever else...

This isn't 'pimp my ride'.
I really appreciate the op for his mature response to my post and explaining his thoughts even though he didn't have to. He gets much respect.

You on the other hand deserve a 'pimp slap' for your comment.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:13 PM
sunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond repute
The wheels look very nice OP. I have 3 sets of competition Forgelines I use on my race car... They are light and very strong.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:34 PM
VID997 has a reputation beyond reputeVID997 has a reputation beyond reputeVID997 has a reputation beyond reputeVID997 has a reputation beyond reputeVID997 has a reputation beyond reputeVID997 has a reputation beyond reputeVID997 has a reputation beyond reputeVID997 has a reputation beyond reputeVID997 has a reputation beyond reputeVID997 has a reputation beyond reputeVID997 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a fan of both your wheel choice (design) and Forgline. Nicely done!

Old 09-02-2012, 09:28 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I really appreciate the op for his mature response to my post and explaining his thoughts even though he didn't have to. He gets much respect.

You on the other hand deserve a 'pimp slap' for your comment.
You want pimp wheels, then you get a pimp reply. You want grown up wheels, then you get a mature reply.

I agree, you should buy a set of 'dem shiny-azz rims fo' yo' Lexus. But you probably already got some....

Old 09-02-2012, 10:44 PM
DetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to behold
The wider rear wheels really fill in the rear arches well! Very nice.

I also really like the look, great choice.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:29 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner View Post
You want pimp wheels, then you get a pimp reply. You want grown up wheels, then you get a mature reply.

I agree, you should buy a set of 'dem shiny-azz rims fo' yo' Lexus. But you probably already got some....
My goodness, you sound very immature.
Please leave me alone.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:49 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Wheels look perfect! Great tires, too - you can really get some heat in them and they still perform well.

Is your car lowered?

Old 09-03-2012, 09:05 AM
HotLap is on a distinguished road
Mouth-wateringly good.

I'm looking at an '07 Vantage and this pushes me closer to trading my TT RS.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: New Forgeline wheels on my V8 Vantage

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.