Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Old 09-08-2012, 03:42 AM
shadowhusky will become famous soon enough

Hey everybody, I just wanted to say hi. I just picked up a 2007 Vantage with only 4700 miles on it and it is great. I wanted something with a little more comfort after having a Lotus Elise and then a Noble M400. I'm sure I will have a lot of questions over the next few months.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:00 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Welcome. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. The Vantage must be quite different from your previous cars.

How about a few pictures?

Old 09-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Yes it is quite a bit different. But I was looking for something a little more refined. The Noble was basically a rocket, 0-60 in under 3 seconds. That is the one thing I miss. But the sound and comfort of the Vantage makes up for it. I will post some of my own pics when I get a chance, but here is one from the previous owner.

Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2012, 08:20 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Hello fellow Lotus owner - I love Lotus and had an Elise and now a 211. I understand where you are coming from and no other car will drive like your Elise or Noble.
Don't make the mistake like I did in terms of expectations from your Vantage. It may feel underpowered but love it for it's beauty and craftsmanship - as you say it truly is a refined piece of machinery.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Hey plastique999,

I recognize your name from the Lotus site. I am basically expecting the craftsmanship and beauty like you said, and quite a bit more room and comfort than the other two cars. I sometimes wish I would have just kept the Lotus and bought this car. My wife really loved the lotus especially the color of it, it was Aubergine purple.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:23 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Congrats on the vantage and welcome to the 6

Old 09-08-2012, 07:40 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shadowhusky
Hey plastique999,

I recognize your name from the Lotus site. I am basically expecting the craftsmanship and beauty like you said, and quite a bit more room and comfort than the other two cars. I sometimes wish I would have just kept the Lotus and bought this car. My wife really loved the lotus especially the color of it, it was Aubergine purple.
Wow purple is a one of a kind!!!
I will tell you that I definitely miss my Elise and will definitely get one again (or an Exige).
But definitely enjoy the Aston! I'm awaiting a DBS and can't wait!

Old 09-09-2012, 07:52 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the car Shadowhusky and welcome to the boards. You seem to be following me

Old 09-10-2012, 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by RossL
Congrats on the car Shadowhusky and welcome to the boards. You seem to be following me
Yes I am. I am not sure what will be next, maybe a V12V, but for now I am really enjoying this car the most by far.