Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin DBS: Personal Review, Comparisons, and Photos

Old 09-24-2012, 07:09 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Wow Premiers southern CA shop closed ?!?
Will have to find anothe shop for clear bra

Old 09-24-2012, 07:40 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure about the DBS but when I had the clear bra put on my Vantage they said that Aston are one of the hardest cars to do because of the headlights. Basically it's very hard to stretch the film around them and cover the front in 1 piece instead of multiple pieces. The company that did mine here is going to have to redo my left side because you can see stretch marks, but on the right it's perfect.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
My hood film does not include the headlights. The headlights can be separately protected with other sheets of film.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:45 PM
stevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to allstevely is a name known to all
Originally Posted by plastique999
Wow Premiers southern CA shop closed ?!?
Will have to find anothe shop for clear bra
Really?!? They charged the most and seemed to have all the super high end cars and they still couldn't stay in business? Interesting.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:24 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Any other recommendations?

Also for those of you who have the alloy gearshift ****, it gets really hot in hot weather. What do you guys do for this? Is there a cover for the **** for extreme weather?

Old 09-24-2012, 10:45 PM
merosenb is on a distinguished road
Oh boy. Love the color. That is an Aston to end all arguments. Well done, and enjoy.

Best,
Mike

Old 09-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Also for those of you who have the alloy gearshift ****, it gets really hot in hot weather. What do you guys do for this? Is there a cover for the **** for extreme weather?
Don't know of an official cover, but I have a small Crown Royal bag that I put over the **** in the winter until it warms up. Works okay. Better would be a leather cover that doesn't slide around as much.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:44 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ when I was looking at DBS and DB9 manual I found the shift **** in the DB9 (same as the one on the Vantage I believe) to be more light, more palm fitting, and feedback rendering. I also noticed the big alloy shifter in the DBS to feel more chunky and some were showing signs of wear at as low as 10K miles and they really do get hot or cold depending on tem, as alloy will. I like the uniqueness of the alloy shifter, it's a bit over the top, but it stands out in the center console!

Old 09-25-2012, 05:15 PM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
Any other recommendations?

My DBS is mostly in Naples, FL, where it's hot as hell. I have ceramic film on all windows and put the top up whenever the car is going to be parked for more than an hour. The **** still gets hot. It feels like a hot coal when you first grab it. But it's aluminum (or aluminium, if one prefers), so it cools quickly (as the heat is absorbed by your singed palm). if you'd rather sacrifice your fingertips, you could try using the rag you keep in under the armrest (which you need for wiping down the piano black waterfall).

Old 09-25-2012, 05:42 PM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
Yup, the soft microfiber cloth for the piano black a must.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by MikeD
My DBS is mostly in Naples, FL, where it's hot as hell. I have ceramic film on all windows and put the top up whenever the car is going to be parked for more than an hour. The **** still gets hot. It feels like a hot coal when you first grab it. But it's aluminum (or aluminium, if one prefers), so it cools quickly (as the heat is absorbed by your singed palm). if you'd rather sacrifice your fingertips, you could try using the rag you keep in under the armrest (which you need for wiping down the piano black waterfall).

Your post cracked me up .... it really is like grasping a "hot coal" at first....
and yes the piano black is hard to keep clean.
Glad I'm not the only one.

My gear shift know does has some slight scratches, and I'm going to order this Metal Polish to try to buff it out some - any experience?

http://www.premiumcarcareproducts.com/mall/200_MPH.php

Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 PM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
Any aluminum wheel polish will make quick work of light scratches.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:07 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Spectacular car. Congratulations!