Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

In the Market for an AM Vantage V8 or S - Some questions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
I agree with RossL,

It's the perfect daily driver, it has all of the features you want and bc it is 7speed SS2, it's perfect for traffic around town. It really is the best balanced of all the vantages. After 6 years Ason really has made the perfect Vantage IMO ... (ok well maybe a little more power wouldn't hurt).
You guys will make me spend all this money now!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Unless you've decided you want paddles, don't forget about the non-S 4.7. Until the mid-2012 changes, '09 - early '12 are the same. With the Sports Pack, the mechanical spec is the same as the N420. While the S's quicker rack is nice, the difference in power is negligible, and I personally prefer the ride/handling balance of the Sports Pack, which IMO is the best balanced of them all. The ride of the S is quite a bit firmer. The manual 'box is a great one; short throw, very mechanical feel, and a real joy to use. For me, no paddle 'box is anywhere near as enjoyable, no matter how "good" they are.

Either way, you'll have a wonderful car.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Smile Pulled the trigger

Well... earlier today I pulled the trigger on 2011 S Blk/Blk with 3500 miles. still under warranty until may 14 and since it was certified i am able to add extended one for 3 k a year which i will add 2 .( warranty was a big factor for me) should get it delivered tomorrow and will post some pictures.

For now there is the dealer link-
http://www.galpinastonmartin.com/car...age_S?lpid=146

I loved the way it drives and the finishes inside where amazing and beautiful.
I went and drove an R8 an hour before just for my peace of mind and the R8 was very nice, nothing bad to say except it just didn't wow me or felt special.
Very happy with my choice, so thank you all as without your help and guidness i would have 100k more in the bank but would be without this very big .

So now The Q is .. to 3M or not?

P.S Please feel free to send flowers with your congratulation cards

Old 01-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Also- To anyone in my area-- would love to host a ride and a get together in Malibu, so let me know.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:45 AM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Breezman
Well... earlier today I pulled the trigger on 2011 S Blk/Blk with 3500 miles. still under warranty until may 14 and since it was certified i am able to add extended one for 3 k a year which i will add 2 .( warranty was a big factor for me) should get it delivered tomorrow and will post some pictures.

I went and drove an R8 an hour before just for my peace of mind and the R8 was very nice, nothing bad to say except it just didn't wow me or felt special.
Very happy with my choice, so thank you all as without your help and guidness i would have 100k more in the bank but would be without this very big .

Congratulations. Great choice. Even if you don't use it as a DD I would recommend a clear bra. On my current AM in addition to the full hood, fenders, splitter, mirrors, and rear diffuser, I had them protect the grille slats. On my other AM, the bright finish grille was an area that was not protected and got a few stone chips.

Last edited by wem; 01-07-2013 at 05:13 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:29 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Breezman

Congratulations on the car!

I 3M all of my cars. It's definitely worth the money. I usually cover the entire front up to the windshield, the side skirts and the rear bottom half of the fender.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:56 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations! I agree the bank account may not be happy but you sure are and at the end of day that is what really counts.

Clear bra for sure, I have the entire hood, lights, splitter, mirrors and front fenders wrapped.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:56 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Congratulations Breezman! That's a fantastic looking car

I've got film in all the usual places & wouldn't go without it.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Should i do the WHOLE car ? i guess the roof will be good for tree sap and birds dropping, etc... ( i live outside the city )

What is a fair cost?

Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 AM
anyone know this guys?

http://www.carzmetix.com/home.html

Old 01-07-2013, 08:40 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
One bonus of 3M film is bug splats and stuff seem to come off easier

Old 01-07-2013, 12:27 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Looks great!
Welcome to the S club

Old 01-07-2013, 09:33 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
I have full front/hood etc Ventureshield(made by 3M and some reviewers like better) on my Gallardo and there are certain bugs that stain the plastic and will not come off -dirt dauber drippings have stained mine also.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Venture shield is the best clear bra, I don't like 3M ... Too much orange peel

Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Venture shield is the best clear bra, I don't like 3M ... Too much orange peel
Good to know

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: In the Market for an AM Vantage V8 or S - Some questions?