Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Pics of my 19' Vantage with HRE P104SC & KW Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 09:04 AM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Pics of my 19' Vantage with HRE P104SC & KW Suspension

Well this is long overdue as I've had my car since March and now my fifth Vantage (06' V8V, 11' V8VS, 11' V12V, 16' V8VGTS). Enjoying the car and exploring the continuing and developing aftermarket.

Details:
- 21" HRE P104SC Wheels (Finish: Brushed Bronze), 9.5" Fronts (+40 Offset) & 11" Rears (+35 Offset)
- Pirelli P Zero (PZ4), 265/35 Fronts, 305/30 Rears (DBS Superleggera OEM tires)
- Custom KW Suspension HAS (Height Adjustable Spring) System
- Bumperette delete

Instagram: @DoubleLow7
HRE Wheels; http://www.hrewheels.com/
ACG Automotive; https://acgautomotive.com

Old 11-17-2019, 11:54 AM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful car, love the Vantage! Those rims make it look even more special.

I got to enjoy my 19 for a whole 3 days before the snow hit and now it's beeb sitting in the garage looking pretty. Took the opportunity to ceramic coat it and everything though. Can't wait for May!

Old 11-18-2019, 01:32 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful wheels, tastefully done...
I recall you owning a 2011 or 2012 V12 Vantage in Black that you also lowered and sported 20" HRE's... How does your new Vantage compare to your "old" V12 Vantage?

Old 11-18-2019, 09:32 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Nice! You removed the bumperettes too?

Old 11-19-2019, 05:30 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Very nice!!

Old 11-20-2019, 01:26 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
It's always a pleasure seeing your Aston Martin's because of the HRE wheel model & fitments you choose. I'm also interested in hearing your driving impressions between this model and the previous generation. We owned this new one but never the former.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:03 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DoubleLow7
Well this is long overdue as I've had my car since March and now my fifth Vantage (06' V8V, 11' V8VS, 11' V12V, 16' V8VGTS). Enjoying the car and exploring the continuing and developing aftermarket.

Details:
- 21" HRE P104SC Wheels (Finish: Brushed Bronze), 9.5" Fronts (+40 Offset) & 11" Rears (+35 Offset)
- Pirelli P Zero (PZ4), 265/35 Fronts, 305/30 Rears (DBS Superleggera OEM tires)
- Custom KW Suspension HAS (Height Adjustable Spring) System
- Bumperette delete

Instagram: @DoubleLow7
HRE Wheels; http://www.hrewheels.com/
ACG Automotive; https://acgautomotive.com
Beautiful Vantage! Congratulations! Glad to see someone else removed the bumperettes -- those were the first things to go on mine prior to getting full PPF installed!

What are your impressions of the KW HAS? I was thinking of getting a set to give my Vantage a bit of a drop for cosmetics reasons and hopefully improve the handling a bit by being able to corner balance the car. Have the driving dynamics changed after you got the HAS? Have you tracked it? Thanks!

Old 11-23-2019, 08:04 AM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Beautiful wheels, tastefully done...
I recall you owning a 2011 or 2012 V12 Vantage in Black that you also lowered and sported 20" HRE's... How does your new Vantage compare to your "old" V12 Vantage?
After owning 4 previous Vantages, the new one is completely different. Aston's attempt at the new technology and forced induction is a great new step, but I do still miss the character of my old 6MT V12.

Originally Posted by WheelB
It's always a pleasure seeing your Aston Martin's because of the HRE wheel model & fitments you choose. I'm also interested in hearing your driving impressions between this model and the previous generation. We owned this new one but never the former.
Thanks WB! Driving wise, the new Vantage is picks up fast but doesn't have the immediate off the line torque as the old V12 does.
Originally Posted by programmatore
Beautiful Vantage! Congratulations! Glad to see someone else removed the bumperettes -- those were the first things to go on mine prior to getting full PPF installed!

What are your impressions of the KW HAS? I was thinking of getting a set to give my Vantage a bit of a drop for cosmetics reasons and hopefully improve the handling a bit by being able to corner balance the car. Have the driving dynamics changed after you got the HAS? Have you tracked it? Thanks!
Your process on removing the bumperettes is what motivated me to do mine and before I even bought the car! As for the HAS, the kit that I have was a Frankenstein/prototype as nothing existing at the time. I actually believe KW ended up using certain components for the final HAS kit that is now offered for the car. Initially my goal was to get much lower than OEM as I believe I lowered over 3". Ultimately I ended around 2.75" lower than OEM (as the KW HAS kit for the Aston maxes out at 1.2"), but the overall handling of the car has greatly improved. Compared to OEM (I drove them back-to-back while my car was being serviced) you can feel less body roll when driving. I feel more of a difference in the suspension than changing the suspension modes.

Old 11-24-2019, 02:08 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Your process on removing the bumperettes is what motivated me to do mine and before I even bought the car! As for the HAS, the kit that I have was a Frankenstein/prototype as nothing existing at the time. I actually believe KW ended up using certain components for the final HAS kit that is now offered for the car. Initially my goal was to get much lower than OEM as I believe I lowered over 3". Ultimately I ended around 2.75" lower than OEM (as the KW HAS kit for the Aston maxes out at 1.2"), but the overall handling of the car has greatly improved. Compared to OEM (I drove them back-to-back while my car was being serviced) you can feel less body roll when driving. I feel more of a difference in the suspension than changing the suspension modes.
That was really helpful. Thanks!

I'll get that project done over the winter before the spring driving season starts.

Old 11-26-2019, 04:00 AM
8Tech is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheels look great and some seriously good pics but it sits too low at the rear IMO. The lowering looks as if the rear camber is too negative. I suspect that resetting the rear camber to an acceptable setting could cause rear fender contact though.

Old 11-26-2019, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by 8Tech
Wheels look great and some seriously good pics but it sits too low at the rear IMO. The lowering looks as if the rear camber is too negative. I suspect that resetting the rear camber to an acceptable setting could cause rear fender contact though.
HRE used a 3D scanner for the wheels that allowed them to model the wheel specs on fitment to the mm in combination of knowing my proposed tire setup. As a result, I am aligned to factor specs (camber, toe, caster, etc.) and have absolutely no rubbing on either corner. It may be just the angle and lens of the camera in the pics.

Old 10-12-2020, 10:18 AM
jlee504 is on a distinguished road
What is the process for removing the bumperettes? Do you have to get the whole bumper filled and repainted?

After owning 4 previous Vantages, the new one is completely different. Aston's attempt at the new technology and forced induction is a great new step, but I do still miss the character of my old 6MT V12.

Thanks WB! Driving wise, the new Vantage is picks up fast but doesn't have the immediate off the line torque as the old V12 does.

Old 10-12-2020, 05:45 PM
V8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the rough
That wheel fitment is on point! Great job! Hoping to get that with mine.