Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

trade in on my 20007 V8, ouch!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 05:31 PM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
trade in on my 20007 V8, ouch!-- an UPDATE

The good news is that I test drove a V12V and, as expected, it was amazing. They had to pry me out of the car.

The bad news is that when it came time to do the numbers, trade in on my 2007 V8V was way too low. So low, that out of principle I just couldn't do it.

Is the market for the 07-08s really that saturated?

I have a Toro Red 2007 with just under 21k miles and was offered just over $40k on trade in from my local AM dealer.

any thoughts on this number, I thought I saw somewhere on the forum recently of trade in values of around $60k??

Last edited by WG_moots; 12-26-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:43 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Sell it yourself!

Prolly not far off on trade-in. To establish value on your car, one would need more info (trans, color combo, owners, history....) but, miles are on the high side for an AM so on the surface doesn't sound far off.

Good luck.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:03 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WG_moots
The good news is that I test drove a V12V and, as expected, it was amazing. They had to pry me out of the car.

The bad news is that when it came time to do the numbers, trade in on my 2007 V8V was way too low. So low, that out of principle I just couldn't do it.

Is the market for the 07-08s really that saturated?

I have a Toro Red 2007 with just under 21k miles and was offered just over $40k on trade in form my local AM dealer.

any thoughts on this number, I thought I saw somewhere on the forum recently of trade in values of around $60k??

If you have a manual transmission, I might have a buyer for you (friend of mine is on the hunt for one RIGHT NOW but it has to be a manual transmission). Post some photos of your car here and how it's optioned.

Manaheim Auction sets the prices for dealer trades across the country, and 07's are NOT in the $ 40's. Last set of auction figures I saw from September put then in the mid-$ 50K range and of course that fluctuated with mileage, condition, and equipment. I saw a low of $ 52K and high of $ 59K. Those are what they are selling for to the dealers.

Stick it on Fleabay with no reserve - it will get up into the 50's with no problem.

I find it amusing that 21,000 miles on a 6 model-year-old car is considered high mileage. What are these, museum pieces? Heck, I intend to DRIVE mine. Prior owner only had 4,870 miles on it in past 5.5 years and that comes out to 885 miles a year. I've put 1,000 miles on it in the last month already. I'm not saving my car or my wife for the next guy, ya know?

Last edited by drcollie; 11-30-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:32 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drcollie
Manaheim Auction sets the prices for dealer trades across the country, and 07's are NOT in the $ 40's. Last set of auction figures I saw from September put then in the mid-$ 50K range and of course that fluctuated with mileage, condition, and equipment. I saw a low of $ 52K and high of $ 59K. Those are what they are selling for to the dealers.
. Miles? Options? Condition? That was 3 months ago, 13s out yet?

Originally Posted by drcollie
I find it amusing that 21,000 miles on a 6 model-year-old car is considered high mileage. What are these, museum pieces? Heck, I intend to DRIVE mine. Prior owner only had 4,870 miles on it in past 5.5 years and that comes out to 885 miles a year. I've put 1,000 miles on it in the last month already. I'm not saving my car or my wife for the next guy, ya know?
If I had a nickel...... Miles are king! I don't make the rules, look at cars for sale. Miles = less value. 20k+ miles is high on an AM. You'll be in the same boat when it comes to sell yours if you keep up that rate of mileage accumulation. Most AMs don't see the kind of miles you're racking up but, good for you. Wish I had the time to put that many on mine. Not saying you're wrong and I'm right, just the way it is.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:55 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
I wouldn't worry about accumulating a reasonable milage on the Aston. In fact a lot of cars with issues are low milage ones. Mine has just over 20k now and I'm sure that the cost per mile will ultimately be much much lower than a garage queen.

FF

Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Cars are meant to be driven. Anyone concerned with not driving their car due to a lower value in the future should not be driving expensive high performance cars.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
That's a lot less than what my dealer gave me last year on my '07 Vantage. It did have lower mileage though.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Allen121 is on a distinguished road
$40K is too low and I think $50K's is more inline with what I've seen dealers offering. I went to an Audi dealer and was offered the same. I told him that his offer was insulting and left. Went to another Audi dealer and was offered $65K. Not knowing more about your car, it's hard to tell what you should be expecting.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 AM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
Wow, that's low.

I got 70K for 2008 with 15K miles as a trade in.

I would think that they are giving you a low ball on trade in to make up for the deal they are giving you on the V12.

Last edited by seattle_sun; 12-01-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Before you guys all trade-in, post your cars here with realistic figures you have in mind. I have two pals right now that are in the market for manual transmission Vantages.

You never know....right?

Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by WG_moots
I test drove a V12V...... it was amazing. They had to pry me out of the car.
Dude, these guys are trying to fleece you! I just looked at Autotrader and there is a Salvage 2007 with 26K miles for $49K

Step#1Don't go into the dealer and dribble all over the V12V.

Trust me, they need to sell it a lot more than you need to buy it!

Now you're hooked, use the net and find a dealer trying to offload a 2012 V12V with a large discount. If there aren't any at the moment there's bound to be soon.

FF

Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 AM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
Ff is correct. There are very few buyers for these cars. They don't fly off the lot. Find a dealer that will work with you, you don't need to buy local.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:04 AM
bmw47 is on a distinguished road
Is there not a low mileage V12 Vantage available privately down in Texas?I would be surprised if you could not do better deal than him than with a dealer.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:13 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
^^Its literally across the street from me. I drove it and fell in love, but for me to drop that much $, the color has to be exactly what I want.

If you like carbon black, its a great car.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by bmw47
Is there not a low mileage V12 Vantage available privately down in Texas?I would be surprised if you could not do better deal than him than with a dealer.
There is a brand new 2011 V12 in red at Star Motors in Texas for $ 150K. If I had the coin, it would be MINE!

http://www.starmotorcars.com/detail-...w-6625047.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: trade in on my 20007 V8, ouch!