Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Official Aston Martin Picture Thread!

Old 03-11-2015, 10:21 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I am considering changing the color of the brake calipers. The grey just disappears. Leaning towards yellow. Any opinions?

Old 03-11-2015, 10:36 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
I am considering changing the color of the brake calipers. The grey just disappears. Leaning towards yellow. Any opinions?
In my opinion, yellow wouldn't look good. I think it'd clash with the tan interior. I have black on mine and it looks great. You'll get a nice contrast between your calipers and wheels, and it'll match your car.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:36 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Wow that is SEXY!

I think yellow would be a weird contrast given the interior, exterior, and trim colors. Perhaps white?

Old 03-11-2015, 10:42 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
White would look dirty most of the time. I think the gray looks fine. You could go for polished silver, black or red, but I would save the money since it looks good as is, imho.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:25 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
EZ....stay w the gray calipers...if not then try a light blue like the BMW M caliper color. Red or yellow just won't work with the rest of your car, to overwhelming for the rest of the car's color palette.

Karl do you have the v12 or V8? love the car, I'm not too familiar with it's specifications it looks like a track model, no?

Old 03-11-2015, 12:29 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir
EZ....stay w the gray calipers...if not then try a light blue like the BMW M caliper color. Red or yellow just won't work with the rest of your car, to overwhelming for the rest of the car's color palette.

Karl do you have the v12 or V8? love the car, I'm not too familiar with it's specifications it looks like a track model, no?
You're killing me, smalls. Very first post from the link I posted:

Originally Posted by karlfranz
Went to the dealership today and placed my order on a new 2015 Alloro Green Vantage GT. I hear delivery may be in about 3 months or more but I will be part of the first allocation of cars built.

Sadly, now I have to go and sell my '07 Vantage.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:40 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by telum01
You're killing me, smalls. Very first post from the link I posted:

Okay I had to Google it because all I wanted to know was 2-3 letters ...V8 or V12 ...

found out the car's specifications.

Reason for asking....Karl's car has the bonnet of the V12 Vantage so I thought it may have been some sort of special edition GT.

At a 100 grand it's a good car, especially since it comes with the same V8 engine as the standard $132K Vantage plus it has some cool colors and accents. Any idea of how many they plan to build of these. And for heaven's sake if you know the answer just answer it nobody has time to go thru 11 pages on another thread

Old 03-11-2015, 06:06 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir

Reason for asking....Karl's car has the bonnet of the V12 Vantage so I thought it may have been some sort of special edition GT.
Actually, it's a very special edition GT. Only one made like this.

But even a standard GT is closer to a Vantage S than a V8.

FYI: People shouldn't be fooled by the bait of a $100K Aston. That is simply the starting price. Prices rise very quickly with options. Starting price for Roadsters is even more as is the Sportshift gearbox. All said and done, my car was Vantage S money; especially when you consider the hood and all the carbon.

Name:  KFM%20GT4%20Interior%20034_zpsitirqtii.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  527.3 KB

Last edited by karlfranz; 03-11-2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Actually, it's a very special edition GT. Only one made like this.

But even a standard GT is closer to a Vantage S than a V8.

FYI: People shouldn't be fooled by the bait of a $100K Aston. That is simply the starting price. Prices rise very quickly with options. Starting price for Roadsters is even more as is the Sportshift gearbox. All said and done, my car was Vantage S money; especially when you consider the hood and all the carbon.

That's one sweet car you've got there Karl !! You specified the hood and other bits at time of ordering? That's nicely bespoked then, well played sir!

Any custom Karl Franz DIY mods to come on this one?

Old 03-11-2015, 07:42 PM
You know that 20+ page thread you were talking about...?

Old 03-11-2015, 07:46 PM
You know that 20+ page thread you were talking about...?

LOL...

As homer Simpson would say..."DOH!"

Ya got me Karl !!!

Old 03-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Ellipsis is on a distinguished road
Glad to see you went with the Brixtons! I see you went with the R10 with the Monaco lip, whereas I went with the Monoseries. Seriously looks amazing!

Just got my car out of the shop. New wheels, springs, and alignment. Quick bath and ready to rumble!

Old 03-16-2015, 03:37 PM
EspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura about
Oh man EZ that is nice. What's the skinny on the spoiler?

Old 03-16-2015, 04:37 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Actually Ellipsis they are the Targa series with the hardware hidden. They are the new 2015 version with floating spokes.

EspritNoob I got the carbon fiber spoiler from RSC Tuning. I believe they are board sponsors here. The Vantage S coupe has a raised tail but the Vantage S Roadster did not, so I decided to add one.

Last edited by EZ Cookin; 03-16-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:05 AM
EspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura about

EspritNoob I got the carbon fiber spoiler from RSC Tuning. I believe they are board sponsors here. The Vantage S coupe has a raised tail but the Vantage S Roadster did not, so I decided to add one.
Thank you!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official Aston Martin Picture Thread!