Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Official Aston Martin Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:32 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Not a lot of a** shot here, so here we go

Old 05-15-2015, 02:36 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
That's actually my favorite angle, well done great pic!

Old 05-15-2015, 09:58 AM
Wniimi has a spectacular aura aboutWniimi has a spectacular aura aboutWniimi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dsvantage
I like the red! Was the black roof OEM as well? It's hard to tell if it's painted or carbon fiber. Nice contrast though.
The roof is covered in a textured "carbon fiber" wrap. They're really a great way to update the look of the car but still keep it so that you can return it to OEM specs. The trim and side strakes are wrapped in the same stuff. I'm having more work done and will pick up the car today. I'll be posting the changes soon!

Old 05-17-2015, 10:59 PM
Wniimi has a spectacular aura aboutWniimi has a spectacular aura aboutWniimi has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down Here's the latest mod

This is the stock rear end.

So I Photoshopped what I wanted done to the car. The Union Jack was supposed to be almost ghosted on the rear.

This is the end result. So much for subtlety! When I picked up my car it jumped out and slapped me in the face - I think it'll leave a scar! Anyway, the guys that did this are great and will work with me to tone it down. What do you guys/gals think?

Old 05-18-2015, 07:51 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I love the end result! Very cool and well done! But for some reason I like the subtlety of this one:

Originally Posted by Wniimi

Old 05-18-2015, 08:36 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
If you make the graphic matte it should help tone it down. Either that, or use semi-transparent film. Either way, great idea integrating it with the tail light graphic! Very original.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bleen
If you make the graphic matte it should help tone it down. Either that, or use semi-transparent film. Either way, great idea integrating it with the tail light graphic! Very original.
All great suggestions! The owner of the graphic company put a darkened clear film over it to see if it would fix it but the light silver took on a greenish hue. He then suggested replacing the light silver with a dark black chrome and the intermediate gray with a brushed black. Another option would be to cover the flag with just a black wrap. The strips will show through as raised areas and ridges, a very cool effect. I'll take it back and try anything and keep you guys posted.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:22 PM
dsvantage is on a distinguished road
Agreed, I like the idea if you can get something closer to your subtle Photoshop version. Very nice and unique touch. Looks pretty seemless with the taillights.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:31 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I really do love the practicality of these cars... If I fits, I sits.

Last edited by telum01; 05-20-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:35 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
^

Hahaha!

Old 05-21-2015, 05:01 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Just seeing that picture makes me feel claustrophobic.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:52 AM
My buddy and I swapped cars for a quick drive. He's got a twin-turbo Gallardo.

His car was very easy to control - the twin turbo kit was built for drivability, not numbers. But his gas and brake pedals took a lot of effort to modulate well - it was like they were sprung so stiffly that they pushed back when you tried pushing them in, and I could feel them wanting to push back out while trying to hold them with a steady input. Meanwhile, his clutch pedal was very light, which was odd especially compared to his gas and brake. He was surprised at how easy it was to drive my V8V, but said that my clutch was surprisingly stiff (I've got a heavy duty clutch and I LOVE the way it feels).

So we started comparing different things about the cars, and storage space was one of them. He was saying that the last time he and his fiancée went to an event, she had to hold the lawn chairs in the front seat with her. He's got a storage space up front, but it's just enough for a backpack or maybe a weekend bag. So I showed him all the storage space and jokingly said, "The trunk is big enough that I could probably fit in it." And then I did.

And I actually had more room in there than it looks in the pic. I was pressing myself against the glass for effect lol.

Last edited by telum01; 05-21-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:31 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Pull that off in that Lotus and I'll be impressed. Does that thing even have stowage space at all?

Old 05-21-2015, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by IbisRider
Pull that off in that Lotus and I'll be impressed. Does that thing even have stowage space at all?
It does, but the opening is small. The storage space is basically everything in back underneath the body panels. It's just...open haha

Old 05-22-2015, 07:25 PM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
VIR Track Day

Foreign Cars Italia had a track day at VIR this past week. First time I've been on a track! It was very well organized, kept to a small group of cars, and split between skill level with plenty of instructors available. Glad to finally meet a few Aston owners in the RTP area.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official Aston Martin Picture Thread!