Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Official Aston Martin Picture Thread!

Old 09-14-2016, 10:28 AM
DRKHSE_DBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Probably around 600-800 or so manuals, the bulk of them 08/09, with the rest spread out thru 10, 11 and 12 (there aren't any 08s in the US). Morning Frost is a common color (most common after your ubiquitous black, gray, silvers). And MF is certainly not exclusive to the DBS...lots of DB9s (and Virage) in that very popular color. There were 3400 DBSs produced.
This is not a Morning Frost , per Stuart at Velocity (BTW thank you sir) the build data indicates this as Stratus White (Contemporary). While I understand that stratus white is not uncommon across the entire Aston Martin line vehicles, how many Stratus White on Obsidian Black/Citrus Grey two tone interior DBS's have you seen? In Six Speed Manual? No way this car's is not rare!

Exterior Paint Colour:
Stratus White (Contemporary)
Trim Upper Colour:
Obsidian Black Semi Aniline Leather
Trim Upper Stitching:
Silver
Trim Lower Colour:
Obsidian Black Semi Aniline Leather
Trim Lower Stitching:
Silver
Seat Inner Colour:
Cirrus Grey (Fast Track)
Headlining Inner:
Cirrus Grey (Fast Track)
Steering Wheel Colour:
Obsidian Black

Originally Posted by spikemd
Either way, it's a beautiful car! Pics of the interior?
Thanks, bunch of interior pics at AUTO LIBERTY OF ARLINGTON website and cars dot com as well. Mod's don't want me to post for sale ad until I hit 30 posts....

Old 09-14-2016, 12:25 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DRKHSE_DBS
Friends six speed manual DBS which seems to be rare combined with pearl white flake paint DBS 6 speed MANUAL.
Look, you're the guy who said it was pearl white and manual, and that that was a rare combo. And I said it wasn't. Lots of MF and manuals.

Now, if you want to suggest that Stratus White with black/gray interior, manual is a rare combo, then sure if you are going to specify every little spec difference then lots and lots of DBSs have rare combinations since they could be ordered with any combo of interior/exterior color.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:40 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Look, you're the guy who said it was pearl white and manual, and that that was a rare combo. And I said it wasn't. Lots of MF and manuals.

Now, if you want to suggest that Stratus White with black/gray interior, manual is a rare combo, then sure if you are going to specify every little spec difference then lots and lots of DBSs have rare combinations since they could be ordered with any combo of interior/exterior color.
Seems to me the guy is trolling to keep his (not so veiled) for sale ad going.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:23 PM

Obviously when I began posting on here before I was fortunate enough to run across Stuart I didn't know my *** from my elbow w/ respect to Aston Martin's or DBS's.

As I scale the learning curve w/ respect to this platform it's become apparent that there were in fact options available on DBS builds which runs contrary to the information you provided upthread when you said color combo was as "common as sand on a beach" and that "there are no extras on a DBS" I found otherwise after researching the matter, in fact the following were available as "extras":

Fascia Trim Piano Black $1595
Paint - Other Manufacturer’s Color $2,805
Paint - Other Manufacturer’s Special Color $3,785
Paint - Previous AML Color $1,895
Paint - Special AML COlor/Match to Sampl $3,785
2+2 Seating arrangement $3,785
20" 10-Spoke Graphite Diamond Turned Wheels $3,785
20" 10-Spoke Silver Diamond Turned Wheels $3,190

Read more at: http://en.aston-martin-club.com/arti...008-detail-210

Originally Posted by programmatore
Seems to me the guy is trolling to keep his (not so veiled) for sale ad going.

As previously stated my purpose here is to become more educated about the car and it's relative rarity, as it seems there are some knowledgeable owners/enthusiasts on here who can provide further info.

While the car is for sale, the forum mods removed the links I posted and made it abundantly clear that I'm not allowed to post in the FS section until I hit thirty posts. So if you want to consider this trolling, that's fine call it as you see it.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:12 PM
Probably around 600-800 or so manuals, the bulk of them 08/09, with the rest spread out thru 10, 11 and 12 (there aren't any 08s in the US). There were 3400 DBSs produced.
I heard from a gentleman at Katies cars and coffee in Vienna VA (who was wearing an aston martin racing jacket & said he owned 3 AM's) that the first 800 DBS were all Manual. Guessing those were the 08 (rest of world) & 09's US + row. I was also told by the same guy that the B&O stereo system did not come until after the 800th DBS build. He seemed to think that very few 10, 11 and 12's came with six speed manual trans. He also referred me to Vantage magazine for extra info....

Old 09-14-2016, 05:21 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
...the first 800 DBS were all Manual.
... B&O stereo system did not come until after the 800th DBS build.
Autos came much sooner than 800, while B&O came around 750.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:36 PM
...there were in fact options available on DBS builds which runs contrary to the information you provided upthread when you said color combo was as "common as sand on a beach" and that "there are no extras on a DBS" I found otherwise after researching the matter, in fact the following were available as "extras":

Fascia Trim Piano Black $1595
Paint - Other Manufacturer’s Color $2,805
Paint - Other Manufacturer’s Special Color $3,785
Paint - Previous AML Color $1,895
Paint - Special AML COlor/Match to Sampl $3,785
2+2 Seating arrangement $3,785
20" 10-Spoke Graphite Diamond Turned Wheels $3,785
20" 10-Spoke Silver Diamond Turned Wheels $3,190
I'm sorry, those aren't 'options', they are choices, some of which cost more than others. DBSs were all fully equipped; there are no strippers like you can find on the Vantage or DB9 series. They ALL have Nav, they ALL have B&O, etc. (i.e., no options).

Old 09-15-2016, 12:04 AM
I'm sorry, those aren't 'options', they are choices, some of which cost more than others. DBSs were all fully equipped; there are no strippers like you can find on the Vantage or DB9 series. They ALL have Nav, they ALL have B&O, etc. (i.e., no options).
No need to be be sorry, it's just semantics at this point, according to the official Aston Martin DBS website literature "enhanced option range" is the term of art used to describe the choices or extras or whatever you want to call them.

ENHANCED OPTION RANGE
After evaluating customer feedback the DBS will now also be offered with an optional 2+2 seating configuration, where the rear storage areas are replaced with two seats. A 2+0 arrangement – where two storage areas populate the rear environment – remains standard.
Also introduced to the DBS is the option of a new ten-spoke 20’’ forged aluminium wheel with diamond-turned surface – available in either silver or graphite finishes. The optional wheel delivers a total unsprung mass reduction of 8kg versus the standard cast wheel, aiding enhanced handling and improved acceleration and braking performance.

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/media-...models-old/dbs

Old 09-15-2016, 05:21 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Feel free to start a thread discussing DBS options or lack thereof. Further posts about it in this thread will be deleted. This thread is for pictures.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:29 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by telum01
Feel free to start a thread discussing DBS options or lack thereof. Further posts about it in this thread will be deleted. This thread is for pictures.
Thank you!!!!! I was getting tired of reading someone argue about a car that someone else took the picture of, had for sale signs all over it, dealer tags on front, ironically shown UP FRONT in a photo some passerby took (yea right) and the Sales Pitch.

Hadn't heard a Used Car Salesman Pitch in a long while, it was good for the moment. Love how the dealers say how "Rare" a car is, like your supposed to buy it just for that reason. Nope, White, don't want it. Thank you!!

Old 09-18-2016, 05:15 PM

Old 09-18-2016, 09:23 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Astons at a local fundraising event for Parkinson's research

The annual Danville, CA charity event now supporting ThePI.org

Attached Images     
Old 09-19-2016, 04:26 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice showing, thanks for sharing.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:54 AM
PhastAM is an unknown quantity at this point
My first Aston Martin

I have been a Jaguar aficionado since purchasing my first XJS convertible in 1994. I've owned several others in the ensuing years, but I still use the 1994 XJS as my daily driver and also have a 2003 Jaguar XJR.
Last month I decided I would add an Aston Martin to my garage, and found my dream car in Atlanta. However, there is a nightmare lurking within my dream, but I can't keep the smile off my face every time I drive my Vantage V8.

2007 Aston Martin Vantage

Old 09-19-2016, 07:17 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PhastAM
I have been a Jaguar aficionado since purchasing my first XJS convertible in 1994. I've owned several others in the ensuing years, but I still use the 1994 XJS as my daily driver and also have a 2003 Jaguar XJR.
Last month I decided I would add an Aston Martin to my garage, and found my dream car in Atlanta. However, there is a nightmare lurking within my dream, but I can't keep the smile off my face every time I drive my Vantage V8.

2007 Aston Martin Vantage
Congrats!!! She is beautiful!

What nightmare? Something broken?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official Aston Martin Picture Thread!