Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What discount can I expect on a new '13 V8V?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
What discount can I expect on a new '13 V8V?

I am wanting to order a '13 V8V and the list is $140K. It will be ordered and not on the lot. I can't find any sites that have invoice prices for it so I can't negotiate up from that like I normally do. I would think they aren't selling many new ones now since it is the last year before a significant remodel next year. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:46 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Where did you hear of a significant remodel?

On a side note, the 2013 Vantage S is available with a manual!

Old 12-08-2012, 11:38 PM
b_gust99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RossL
Where did you hear of a significant remodel?

On a side note, the 2013 Vantage S is available with a manual!
I'm intrigued...is this word of mouth or are there '13 manuals out now? I've been debating between a manual v8 or v12, but never considered the S because only offered in sportshift. I have a pdk 911, and although it may be faster, the driving experience is uninspiring to say the least.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by b_gust99
I'm intrigued...is this word of mouth or are there '13 manuals out now? I've been debating between a manual v8 or v12, but never considered the S because only offered in sportshift. I have a pdk 911, and although it may be faster, the driving experience is uninspiring to say the least.
I saw one yesterday at Aston of Washington DC. They have a great looking red '13 Vantage S manual. Apparently they made more updates to the SportShift II for '13 as well but I haven't driven it yet.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:21 PM
bluesun is on a distinguished road
The manual is for real, I've seen the pricing for it. Invoice is about 20k less then msrp for Vantages. At the end of the model year (right now) I've seen a lot of cars 20k off, and unpopular color at 40k off, brand new. I looked at ordering one so would be interested in seeing what kind of deal you can get. I wanted an interior that was not black or grey, but then got cold feet wondering if I would be able to sell it.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Fubar has a spectacular aura aboutFubar has a spectacular aura about
Looks like the added a little more rear tail section... more of a ducktail. I can't see much else that has changed in the 2013. Am I missing something major?

Old 12-09-2012, 08:49 PM
On the base Vantage in addition to the larger rear spoiler from the V8VS, the S front and rear bumpers were made standard except instead of the Carbon fiber it is dark grey plastic, and the N400 sills were also made standard. The updated 7 speed Sportshift II from the S was also substituted for the older 6 speed. Also, the quicker 15:1 ratio steering rack from the S was made standard instead of the old slower 17:1. Wider rear wheels and tires from the S were added along with larger front rotors and new 6 piston calipers from the S. Hill assist was also added along with automatic headlights and intermittent wipers. And all these previous options were made standard: Sat nav, satellite radio, front/rear parking sensors, cruise control, bluetooth, and remote garage openers. All these changes and the base list price was dropped $2-3K to $118,370 for the manual. Overall, a smoking deal-for Aston anyway!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 PM
V8VANTAGE is on a distinguished road
Also add the reversing camera to the list of standard equipment for 2013.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by timwhayden
On the base Vantage in addition to the larger rear spoiler from the V8VS, the S front and rear bumpers were made standard except instead of the Carbon fiber it is dark grey plastic, and the N400 sills were also made standard. The updated 7 speed Sportshift II from the S was also substituted for the older 6 speed. Also, the quicker 15:1 ratio steering rack from the S was made standard instead of the old slower 17:1. Wider rear wheels and tires from the S were added along with larger front rotors and new 6 piston calipers from the S. Hill assist was also added along with automatic headlights and intermittent wipers. And all these previous options were made standard: Sat nav, satellite radio, front/rear parking sensors, cruise control, bluetooth, and remote garage openers. All these changes and the base list price was dropped $2-3K to $118,370 for the manual. Overall, a smoking deal-for Aston anyway!
These changes were for "2012.25." Weird, but true.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:47 AM
Ok. Those updates are hardly a remodel

Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Yes ,after I posted I realized I left off the reversing camera. Thanks. What I have read is that the remodel is due for MY2014 but I am by no means an expert on this topic. Just repeating what I have read in a couple locations.