An Old Top Gear episode on AM history

Old 01-05-2013, 12:23 AM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
An Old Top Gear episode on AM history

Old 01-05-2013, 07:47 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DoctorWill
Hi Doctor W,
Thanks for posting. I just watched it with my younger boy and we both really enjoyed it. Apart from the excellent detail on the company I loved Clarkson's cheesy 80's jacket at the beginning and the, very British reference to the "irritating German diversion." LOL.

Ena Sharples in case you're wondering:

Attached Images  

Last edited by FatFrank; 01-05-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Sharples not Sharpels!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Nice one I'll Have to watch it in my office on a bigger screen rather than my iPhone lol hate small screens lol!

Old 01-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Omega3effect is on a distinguished road
Excellent!!!

Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 AM
I really like the part about the factory and how I I spect everything with human eyes. I wonder if that's still the case, wouldn't mind taking a tour there next time I go to England. It's a very artistic approach to make cars rather than all robotic and factory assembly like in others brands.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:23 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
I really like the part about the factory and how I I spect everything with human eyes. I wonder if that's still the case, wouldn't mind taking a tour there next time I go to England. It's a very artistic approach to make cars rather than all robotic and factory assembly like in others brands.
Until you can tour the factory, this video from the SPEED channel on the making of the DB9 may hold you over
http://www.streetfire.net/video/aston-martin-speedmakers_2208645.htm

Old 01-05-2013, 01:26 PM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sunir
Nice one I'll Have to watch it in my office on a bigger screen rather than my iPhone lol hate small screens lol!
Every time there's a video on my iPhone it comes up (null).
How do you open the links to YouTube on the iPhone?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Having been in the Honda, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Bentley & Range Rover plants recently I'm glad to say Gaydon is very similar to any other modern car plant
Lots of bins on JIT's next to the two lines, very clean and very ordered

Doesn't mean they get the quality right every time but it is A LOT better than it used to be

Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I dunno I just click on the clip and it comes up, it's always been this way, if you tap the screen again it gives a wider more full picture. I have an iPhone 4 dunno if the iPhone 5 is any different?

Old 01-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Thank you, I enjoyed that a lot. It's good to feel that they care about what they make and are proud of their cars. This is lacking these days among companies.

Will

Originally Posted by 62Jeff
Until you can tour the factory, this video from the SPEED channel on the making of the DB9 may hold you over
http://www.streetfire.net/video/asto...rs_2208645.htm

Old 01-05-2013, 05:13 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Great clip Will, AM company has been through the ringer! Gotta respect a company that has worked so hard for such a fine product.

On another note, my buddy and I placed first and second in our class in LotusCupUSA so we won some prizes to go to England and tour the Lotus factory there - looking forward to it.
Maybe I'll have some time to squeeze in a visit to the AM factory.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Congrats on the LotusCup bud! Def take pics and share your visit with up

I love Aston as a company, they are super passionate about what they do, they've struggled and all of their trials and tribulations make them who they are. Aston's flaws, their shortcomings, their attempts to do better each time on the circuit....they have a sort of underdog theme and they are very human in that regard. Their story represents times in everyones life when they perhaps struggled, we can all related something to Aston Martin. The fact that they were perpetually broke for almost a century is astounding, they always showed losses on their books yet somehow managed to stick around...that's a miracle by any business standard, in any business school across the nation Aston should have failed years ago. But they didn't. After having such a tumultous past they still hold on to their core values, even building very small numbers of cars they still have a certain cache that is simply unmatched. Clarkson said it best in reference to Aston wanting to build great cars and that being their biggest motivator, certainly not money. What a unique and truly special company!

Old 01-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
Originally Posted by krpt176
Same here..If I want to get the link to the video I need to use the "quote" option and then copy and paste the link into safari.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:50 PM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Norman75
Originally Posted by krpt176
Same here..If I want to get the link to the video I need to use the "quote" option and then copy and paste the link into safari.
That makes sense.
Seems like a worthwhile glitch to fix thought

Old 01-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Would really Like to visit newport pagnell!! Anyone know if that's still open. The vid got me thinking about Astons history and gaydon is great but I want to see where the vintage cars were made... My dream aston is the dbr1 or the db4 GT zegato!!! Wowza!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: An Old Top Gear episode on AM history