Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Glass switches

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
There is no wiring difference, for a DB9 automatic trans, base suspension(no Adaptive Dampering) ..there is a glass switch kit AG43-37-11211 (for DB9 not V8V)

Includes all drive switchs, fog, park aid, sport, TC, both seat tilts, glove box release..

I have one 2 do next week, also changing the wood ski slope to CF ..this car has the adaptive dampering so we just ordered the extra switch and add it to are kit for me to install

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-26-2013, 11:59 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 62Jeff
Another data point for the group.

Star Motor Cars in Houston says I can't put them in my 09 DB9 Volante due to wiring differences. Bummer too, they had the dash apart this week to fix the broken AM radio with a new head unit.
Bunch of typical dealer BS they fed you. They obviously didn't want to bother. The switches are all the same, except for glass vs black plastic.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Bunch of typical dealer BS they fed you. They obviously didn't want to bother. The switches are all the same, except for glass vs black plastic.
Plastic to glass for same model, yes they are the same V8V plastic to V8V glass..or DB9 plastic to DB9 glass, are the same..but you can't take Sportshift(V8V ASM) switches and swap them into an automatic transmission vehicle (DB9/S)...they are not the same when crossing models

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 06-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Great info in this thread. I managed to get my hands on some cheapo used glass switches:

R = BG33-7J175-AA
N = BG33-7A217-BA
D = AD33-7J177-BB
Foglight = AD33-15K237-AA
Parking sensor = this one came without the part number sticker

I'm unsure the "D" switch will fit my 09 Vantage sportshift, can anyone confirm?

Also having issues finding the part number for the "comfort" switch!

Any further info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2014, 12:55 AM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Well, turns out there is no "comfort" switch in glass, therefore I will be returning all the other ones I bought. Aston Martin dealer confirmed it today. Pity.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:43 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Isnt it now called the sport switch?

Old 06-04-2014, 07:15 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MichaelD
Isnt it now called the sport switch?
Yes
my MY09 4.7 had a Comfort switch (that made the throttle response worse)
My MY12 S has a Sport switch in the same location that does the opposite

Old 06-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by mikey k
Yes
my MY09 4.7 had a Comfort switch (that made the throttle response worse)
My MY12 S has a Sport switch in the same location that does the opposite
... and which has a different connector than the "comfort" switch

Old 06-04-2014, 11:17 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Technically, all the glass and plastic switches are the same and all behave in the same way. The only difference is that the connector is keyed to prevent you from mistakenly plugging the wrong connector into a switch with a different label printed on it. Not that I would necessarily recommend this, but if you are crafty with a X-acto knife, you can modify a connector so it will fit any switch.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:04 PM
So, you can have a button that says 'sport' instead of 'comfort', does the same job of toggling between the settings, and the wires will plug into the switch with a bit of adjustment to the plug. As KarlFranz has said, different plugs have grooves and ridges in different places to stop you plugging in the wrong thing, but its easy to change those with a sharp knife so that the comfort plug will go into a sport switch. You could probably even take the plug surround of your current switch and use it to replace the surround on a sport switch.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:25 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ Except for two caveats: 1) the function of the switch would be reversed; i.e. when the Sport button is lit, you would be in Comfort mode and vice versa; and 2) it's very difficult to take apart the switch to migrate the rear barrel of one onto the other without destroying the switch.

Last edited by karlfranz; 06-04-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Already returned. OEM or bust.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
^^^^ Except for two caveats: 1) the function of the switch would be reversed; i.e. when the Sport button is lit, you would be in Comfort mode and vice versa; and 2) it's very difficult to take apart the switch to migrate the rear barrel of one onto the other without destroying the switch.
The indicator light would be reversed, but it would still toggle, and the owner would still know which was selected.

I was thinking of changing the plug surround, effectively swapping the pins in the plug, not changing the switch. But of course, you wouldn't have a new plug surround. Daft idea. Back to the sharp knife

Old 01-10-2015, 05:20 PM
courtier is on a distinguished road
Are there any on this forum that have installed the switches themselves? I really like the look of the glass switches and I think I've convinced myself I'm OK with the cost of the parts but the labor price to swap these seems astronomical to me. I'm wondering if this is feasible as a DIY???

Old 01-10-2015, 10:24 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Subscribed to this thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glass switches