6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Glass switches (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/301849-glass-switches.html)

Breezman 03-05-2013 12:43 PM

Glass switches

So.. I have been trying to get the glass switches for my 2011 V8S for two weeks now.. cant seem to get any clear answer from both of my local dealers.
But the latest answer toped them all...

The dealers parts manager said to me- " I just spoke to Aston in the Uk and they asked me if you can send pictures of your dash with the current swutches setup to make sure the glass ones fit and without the pictures they cannot determine if they can supply the glass switches for your car"

REALLY???? Aston factory does not know what their own car setup looks like, they need me to send them pictures ???? REALLY ???:confused:

drcollie 03-05-2013 01:00 PM

So take the pictures and send 'em! What's the big deal with that? They're just trying to make sure to get you what you need. I give them kudos for wanting to be sure.

Breezman 03-05-2013 01:05 PM

I am sorry but I don't agree with you. It seem rediculus to me.

drcollie 03-05-2013 01:06 PM

I guess so does spelling!

Breezman 03-05-2013 01:34 PM

Wow- you turned it into a personal attack.
I am sorry you have so much pain inside

IbisRider 03-05-2013 01:37 PM

I gotta side with Breez on this one (but I still love you D). In spite of spelling, it's not as if AM makes new IP bits every model year. They've been using the same damn parts for that panel since the '09 MY. What "other" parts could he possibly have?

The only thing I can imagine is that they want to confirm exactly wich "switches" (I'd call them buttons) he's talking about. But I would think that could be done in a simple user's manual page reference sort of way.

When I get odd requests like that, I suspect that the other party has misunderstood my intent. Maybe check that?

(I also can't spell...or at least bother to proof read prior to hitting the submit button)

drcollie 03-05-2013 01:41 PM

See, I'm in the retail biz as well - and I know what my customer's have and when we have to do high end special order parts I want a photo, too. Because if they get here and they don't fit - who does the customer AND the factory point fingers at ? THE DEALER. That's who.

Customer: "They don't fit, I want a refund"
Factory: "We just ordered what you told us to get you"

Or if you want to put a spin on it, the factory doesn't want to get stuck with an extra set of glass switches in inventory, so they want to be sure. In this day and age, a photo takes about half the time to snap and email as it does to type out this thread. Its just an extra step to make sure the customer gets exactly what they wanted.

IbisRider 03-05-2013 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by drcollie (Post 3786021)
See, I'm in the retail biz as well - and I know what my customer's have and when we have to do high end special order parts I want a photo, too. Because if they get here and they don't fit - who does the customer AND the factory point fingers at ? THE DEALER. That's who.

Customer: "They don't fit, I want a refund"
Factory: "We just ordered what you told us to get you"

Or if you want to put a spin on it, the factory doesn't want to get stuck with an extra set of glass switches in inventory, so they want to be sure. In this day and age, a photo takes about half the time to snap and email as it does to type out this thread. Its just an extra step to make sure the customer gets exactly what they wanted.

I hear ya. For some of us more luddite types though, snapping and sending a pic can sometimes become a whole new project.

Retail? I thought you were a Rollex worshiping Doctor (kidding, kidding)

Breezman 03-05-2013 01:52 PM

This is not a custom job it's a standard switch that is in all the vantage line. You seem to have some kind of a chip on your shoulder.
Posting here and sharing my experience obviously not going to get me the parts faster. That's not the point of posting here. And as for spelling- if you am IPhone user you would know it has a mind of its own sometimes. And you are also assuming that everyone here is English speaking natively. Regardless of your opinions you should be respectfull of other forum members and keep your sarcasm to your self. I believe an apology is in order here!

Breezman 03-05-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by IbisRider (Post 3786016)
I gotta side with Breez on this one (but I still love you D). In spite of spelling, it's not as if AM makes new IP bits every model year. They've been using the same damn parts for that panel since the '09 MY. What "other" parts could he possibly have?

The only thing I can imagine is that they want to confirm exactly wich "switches" (I'd call them buttons) he's talking about. But I would think that could be done in a simple user's manual page reference sort of way.

When I get odd requests like that, I suspect that the other party has misunderstood my intent. Maybe check that?

(I also can't spell...or at least bother to proof read prior to hitting the submit button)

I spoke to the parts manager twice and we both understood exactly which switches... I just thought it was silly that the factory needed pictures and it made no sense to me.

Breezman 03-05-2013 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by drcollie (Post 3785993)
I guess so does spelling!

And as for spelling- if you am IPhone user you would know it has a mind of its own sometimes. And you are also assuming that everyone here is English speaking natively. Regardless of your opinions you should be respectfull of other forum members and keep your sarcasm to your self.

I believe an apology is in order here!:

drcollie 03-05-2013 03:36 PM

I can't apologize to anyone that rides a Harley V-Rod....

Lighten up, Breezman...

Breezman 03-05-2013 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by drcollie (Post 3786121)
I can't apologize to anyone that rides a Harley V-Rod....

Lighten up, Breezman...

http://youtu.be/0OnpkDWbeJs

You are just plain rude!!

I am surprise that this forum is ok with this, where is the moderator ?

Respect Your Fellow Member
6speed allows all members to participate in a enthusiastic forum. As such, please post and comment respectfully to fellow members. This applies to both vendor/sponsors and members alike. We invite and encourage a healthy exchange of opinions; disagreements are okay. While you may challenge another member's position with a dissenting opinion, name-calling, insults, "flaming" and attacks are not appropriate and will not be tolerated

karlfranz 03-05-2013 05:51 PM

Not all Vantages are configured the same. Based on market and options the button configuration varies. AM just wants to make sure they send the correct set of switches. Why are you reluctant to simply send them a picture? Seems like a pretty trivial request to ensure you get what you want. No sense in getting indignant over this. Mountains over molehills, etc.

sunir 03-05-2013 06:06 PM

Okay guys play nice, I don't want this to turn into a pissing contest. OP has expressed concern and as it's his thread I ask that if anyone is to reply to do so politely.

Duane we know each other and I know your sense of humor, it's fine for me but Breeze was offended. Just say sorry and lets get back to the scheduled programming, thanks :)

Breeze, Duane is a good guy, he's local to me...he is a true enthusiast, and one of the most real car guys you'll meet. He did not mean any harm. He's a straight shooter and he has a sense of humor. I've had the pleasure of hanging out with him at some of his events way back when I was in my mid 20's like 10 years ago. As for your glass switches, just snap a pic and send it to Aston no biggie...if it helps them assure the right product comes to you it's a little step to make for added insurance. :)

Okay guys. thanks...