Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Problem resetting "Time for Regular Service" message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 10:09 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Problem resetting "Time for Regular Service" message

I just finished changing my oil and I'm having problems resetting my service reminder message. I followed the steps AMFixer posted a while back:

DB9 and V8 can be done without the AMDS. I have yet to find one that this doesnt work on.
1. Shut all doors
2. With key in position 1 hold the t1/t2 button in the center stack.
3. Turn key to position 2 still holding the t1/t2 button.
4. Watch for the yellow triangle to start to flash at least three times, let go of t1/t2 button after three flashes. Should hear a audible beep.
5. Turn key on making sure service light is off

Might take you a couple of tries to get it.
Thing is, I was able to get it to work on the first try last year when I did my oil change, but this year it's being finicky. I have tried over twenty times and I never get the beep. Any advice?

Also, according to some on the DIY Oil Change thread, you have to pour in the first 7L of oil, start the engine for a few seconds, and then fill the remaining oil. I can verify that this is absolutely not the case. If you fill the oil slowly there is no problem pouring in all 10.4 liters at once. I even checked using the dipstick after pouring every liter over 7, just to make sure. I don't know what forum member, Blayne, did that caused him to overflow and spill the last quart, but this should not happen.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:31 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Try holding the T1/T2 button the entire time. Before you even touch the key press and hold the T1/T2 button. then do the process.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:02 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ Thanks for the reply. I tried it about 30 more times and I never heard the audible beep like I did last year. I let the triangle flash 3 times, 4 times and depending on how quickly you let go of t1/t2 you often get an additional quick flash. I also noticed that you can get the triangle to flash if you just hold it down while the key is in position 1.

Either way, never heard a beep, but surprisingly, when I moved the key to position 3, the message was gone. So now I don't have to worry about this again for another year.

Thanks again.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:59 PM
browndavid is an unknown quantity at this point
How does key position relate to a 2016 with that black box that gets inserted, There is more than one level of insertion. Thanks, all

Old 10-22-2017, 08:08 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Check out this link:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-2015-db9.html

If you want to get your digital speedometer back, press the "read" button after starting.

Last edited by DonL; 10-22-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:18 AM
browndavid is an unknown quantity at this point
My 2016 v8 Vantage 6 speed does not seem to have a "read" button at least not that I can find and the center console pictures in posts are foreign to me. However the glare problem in sunny southern Cal. makes most of the lettering unreadable most of the time anyway.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:38 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
The button on the end of the turn signal also cycles thru the digital display options, at least on my 2010. 2016's have the redesigned waterfall, I have no idea how any of that works.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:13 PM
troyboy1 is on a distinguished road
Thank you!

I was able to turn mine off thanks to this thread.

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2021, 04:21 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
On '16 and '17, the read button is the one with the i (for information). Center, bottom right of the waterfall. T1/T2 still the same.

Procedures are the same for resetting '12 to '15 with the crystal key.