Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Brake pads on '13 V8V same as V8S? Porterfield,Carbotech say they have none to fit.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 10:34 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
Brake pads on '13 V8V same as V8S? Porterfield,Carbotech say they have none to fit.

I can't tolerate the brake dust any longer on my white car. Can I tell them to cross reference the S if they have the pattern for that? I know the fronts are the S brakes but are the rears the same as the pre '12.25?

Old 08-22-2013, 10:58 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Yes you can. You can also send them a template of the brake pad you want (in 1:1 scale) or better yet an old worn pad and they can custom make a new set if one doesn't already exist. You will also need to supply them with the pad material thickness of a new pad in millimeters. I actually worked with Porterfield to develop the application if the pads for the Brembo brakes on the Esprit. This is why I then went back to them when I first bought my Vantage to get a set made for that car. Now everybody is using them. Give Porterfield a call and talk to them directly about your needs.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:37 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Had Carbotech make me custom 1521 compound pads (their street compound). It was fantastic, almost no dust, zero noise, great cold bite. It's not meant for track, but anything less than 10 stops in arrow and its awesome. For street it is by far the best pad.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:50 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
…For street it is by far the best pad I have used.
Fixed that for you.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:48 AM
Fubar has a spectacular aura aboutFubar has a spectacular aura about
I just sent CarboTec the '12 V8V-S pads so that they could make replacement offerings. They should be ready within the week.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:19 PM
spainconection is on a distinguished road
to buy Carbotech, which buy Carbotech standard specifications, much cheaper, or Carbotech Bobcat1521, more expensive ??

Old 09-13-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you mean but Carbotech is laser scanning the pad plate so they can produce any friction compound you would prefer. I am not personally recommending either as I have no prior experience with them. I have never had problems finding aftermarket pads so this is the first time I have needed to have them fabricated. Aston Martin has employed a somewhat unique design that Brembo has not offered to the general public.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:06 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
Fubar, please get them to keep the specs on the the V8VS pads they are making for you so others can get them later without having to send more pads. When I spoke with them they said they had no way to keep the specs since I knew they had made pads for other AML owners previously. That just doesn't sound right to me...

Old 09-14-2013, 06:47 AM
I assumed they would do that as standard business practice but I will make sure they know that I am not trying to keep any secrets. I have been dealing with Danny. He just received the pads on Thursday so I doubt the laser scan file is in their computer yet.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:10 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Any news on this and what are the part nos for fronts & rears?

Old 11-07-2013, 08:22 PM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Fubar
I assumed they would do that as standard business practice but I will make sure they know that I am not trying to keep any secrets. I have been dealing with Danny. He just received the pads on Thursday so I doubt the laser scan file is in their computer yet.
Fubar, do you know if they kept the file for your V8V S pads? I sent them an email inquiring about the availability of pads (the 1521) for my '12 V8VS, but did not get a reply. It will be a hassle to send in the OEM pads from my car, so I was hoping they had a scan on file.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:41 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
The S pads are much larger since they are on a 380mm rotor vs the stock 355 rotors, that's why they need to have a. New set scanned in. I already had my set sent in years ago and as a result has the first aston set made in 1521. The rears are the same on Vantage S so you can still get a set of rear pads in 1521 compound as they already have the file on hand from when I had my custom set made.

That does not seem out of the ordinary as nobody has probably ever had a front set made before. Seems like standard operating procedure to me.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Carbotech has the template now. Call them and speak with Daniel. Wheel dust is dramatically reduced (minor preformance trade off) and no squeaking, yet. I only have about 1000 miles on these.

- call and speak to Daniel. They are not great about returning emails.

Last edited by Fubar; 11-08-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Bed the pads in more and the performance will increase, it takes time for them to bed in because their wear properties are so good (thereby extending the break in period compared to other pads)

Old 11-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Brake pads were bedded, trust me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brake pads on '13 V8V same as V8S? Porterfield,Carbotech say they have none to fit.