Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Homelink garage door opener

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 06:57 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
I've just moved to a new house with a non-homelink garage door opener and was looking at upgrading the unit. Noticed that Liftmaster changed their communication protocol not too long ago.

From their website: "In 2011, LiftMaster® released Security+ 2.0™, a new version of our remote control radio code. Security+ 2.0™ increases radio range and virtually eliminates interference under most conditions. Most older vehicles will not communicate directly with the radio, and will require a "Repeater Kit" to upgrade the in-vehicle remote system to be compatible with this improved radio system."

Old 09-12-2013, 08:18 AM
brian sherwood will become famous soon enough
I programed my homelink without a problem. Started with the remote opener first and then went to the learning button on the garage door opener itself. Did that for boths door and programed without a problem.

Never had a problem with any of my cars.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:25 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yvr
I've just moved to a new house with a non-homelink garage door opener and was looking at upgrading the unit. Noticed that Liftmaster changed their communication protocol not too long ago.

From their website: "In 2011, LiftMaster® released Security+ 2.0™, a new version of our remote control radio code. Security+ 2.0™ increases radio range and virtually eliminates interference under most conditions. Most older vehicles will not communicate directly with the radio, and will require a "Repeater Kit" to upgrade the in-vehicle remote system to be compatible with this improved radio system."
That would explain why my new liftmaster doesn't work with my car's homelink, whereas my 2 liftmaster units from back several year ago do.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:50 PM
jaguardriver is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Is there a trick to getting the homelink garage door opener programmed?

It does not seem to like any of my attempts for the home garage... The office garage took 5 attempts. If there is some advice to make it easier it would help.
Not really a big deal but rolling code is different from the earlier systems. First have your original remote handy, hold the button on the mirror you want to program for approx 30 seconds or until it begins flashing. Then let go and hold the original remote button near the front of the mirror and hold the button down until the indicator light on the mirror starts flashing faster. Now you are programed but not to the garage door opener. Now go to the opener and press the learn button. Do not hold it in long or it will clear out all of the learned codes. It should light up. Within 30 seconds press the button on the mirror and the lights on the opener should flash showing that it has added a new unit (your car). I even put a remote for the exhaust and used one of the mirror buttons to operate it.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I got it working the first try using the learn button on the garage door opener However the button didn't look like it was taking the code but it actually did!

Old 08-15-2014, 01:54 PM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
This is an old thread, but thought I would revive in case some who posted here are still having issues.

I was NOT able to get my MY12 V8V to link with one of my garage doors, but was able to get it to link with the other. The one that it did not work with is a new model garage door opener. The one that it did work with is 5-6 years old and has rolling code technology, and programmed easily on the first try.

After an hour of futility, I called Homelink directly to see if they could help. They said that the issue is most likely that a Homelink Repeater is needed because the new garage door opener software is incompatible with what is in the car. Since the car is still under the 3 year warranty period, they are sending me the repeater free of charge.

Once I get the repeater hooked up, I will report back on if it solved the problem, but thought I would post this in case it helped anyone else that was having issues. The number for Homelink is 1-800-355-3515.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:11 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I had the identical situation.

Bought the repeater and was able to then program the in-car button to open the new garage opener.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:51 PM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I had the identical situation.

Bought the repeater and was able to then program the in-car button to open the new garage opener.
That is great news - I am hoping it works for me too!

Old 08-15-2014, 03:30 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Yup, the repeater worked for me too.

Old 08-16-2014, 06:37 AM
Ellipsis is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AMFixer
Has anyone tried to hit the button on the garage door opener itself? The learn button I believe is what's most models call it.
This is the trick that worked for me after multiple attempts.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:27 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
I couldn't get my '08 Vantage to link to the Garage door opener and this did the trick.

Amazon Amazon

Old 06-23-2016, 12:00 PM
BillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura about
I know this is an old thread but thanks for the info, it is exactly what I needed to know !!!

Old 06-23-2016, 02:44 PM
Realized that I never updated with my experience. The short answer: The repeater worked and I have had zero issues since. Glad that the info could help some folks out!

Old 06-23-2016, 06:15 PM
BillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura about
Silly question but I just replaced both garage doors and both garage door openers so I guess I would I need to buy two of them ? One for each garage door ?

Old 06-23-2016, 06:41 PM
I think so, since each opener will have a different security key/code so the pairing may be different.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Homelink garage door opener