Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin SRS reset help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 05:41 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Old 10-26-2018, 07:39 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Have yours repaired, a used one may have problems. Ok it will have problems, it's from a crashed car and it would require programming to your car. For $50 it's a no brainer. Just gonna send it.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:42 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
ok so to confirm will a autel 619 clear the airbag code? I too had a low battery and it poped up!

Old 12-11-2018, 02:58 PM
so can someone please give me confirmation WHICH autel reader will clear the srs code? Read this whole thread and nothing is clear as to which one will actually work. Will the 619 work?

Old 12-11-2018, 03:30 PM
sorry. its 2008 aston martin v8 vantage

Old 12-11-2018, 04:12 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Autel 619 will read it, the only way it will clear the code(s) is if the fault is not present. You need to find out the code and if it was related to a low battery but it should work. Modules like to play up also after power issues, low battery/jump start. You have to see what its faulting before you can guess if it will work.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:18 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by goto35
so can someone please give me confirmation WHICH autel reader will clear the srs code? Read this whole thread and nothing is clear as to which one will actually work. Will the 619 work?
I have an Autel MD 802. Use a Volvo Setting... The MD 802 ( I used it Porsche) will read the module and tell you which module is faulty. Make sure you use the OBD2 Port on the right side of the car ( at least on my US car)

However, on my 09 vantage, my SRS light comes on and goes off randomly, like there is a short or just enough of a voltage spike to trigger the light, then it will go off. You can clear the SRS message and warning with the Read button...

Sometimes it will stay in memory, most oftern it clears itself and says "no messages..."

It's British, go figure

Old 12-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Got the scanner. ran the codes.

2 codes came up.0116 and CFFF.
They dont clear.

Now does this mean I can mail it out to these places and they would clear the code, or do i have to get a brand new module?

https://www.safetyrestore.com/aston-...ule-reset.html

https://www.myairbags.com/

Has anyone cleared the CFFF code by sending it in? Totally confused an i ready every thread on here and now im confused more. lol

Old 12-19-2018, 03:22 PM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
I had CFFF and it can't be cleared. You can search the same issue on Volvo forums as it's a Volvo module. I had the same issue back on 10-8-2016 of this thread. Someone sent there's to myairbags and they said it worked. I would have sent my but by then I had the dealer replace.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by boxercupdave
I had CFFF and it can't be cleared. You can search the same issue on Volvo forums as it's a Volvo module. I had the same issue back on 10-8-2016 of this thread. Someone sent there's to myairbags and they said it worked. I would have sent my but by then I had the dealer replace.

How much did the dealer charge? I guess when SRS light is on airbag system is OFF. This started when i had a low battery.

I'll try and sent the module to myairbags.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:38 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
If you can find someone to repair your current module it will not need coded to your car - it already is. If you replace the current one you will need to have it codded to your car. Part of the coding is the car config and VIN.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:42 PM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
Yes I would send your's in for repair. Dealer was $1200. I still have my original to send in which is still coded to my car.

FYI from the Volvo threads once CFFF is written to memory, it then requires that memory location to be cleared by someone with the right tools. The tools available to us will not clear CFFF as it's an internal error.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by boxercupdave
Yes I would send your's in for repair. Dealer was $1200. I still have my original to send in which is still coded to my car.

FYI from the Volvo threads once CFFF is written to memory, it then requires that memory location to be cleared by someone with the right tools. The tools available to us will not clear CFFF as it's an internal error.
OK thank you!

BTW when removing the module, should i disconnect the battery?

Can i disconnect the battery from the engine bay or do i have to go into where the battery is behind the seat and disconnect that way?

Old 12-20-2018, 12:51 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by goto35
OK thank you!

BTW when removing the module, should i disconnect the battery?

Can i disconnect the battery from the engine bay or do i have to go into where the battery is behind the seat and disconnect that way?
Disconnect the battery behind the passenger seat

Old 12-20-2018, 02:20 PM
another stupid question after i disconnect the battery and remove the module., i shouldn't connect the battery back until the module is back in right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin SRS reset help