Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone in Atlanta GA Available to check out a V8V?

Old 12-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Ellipsis is on a distinguished road
Cool Anyone in Atlanta GA Available to check out a V8V?

This is an interesting request, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to check out a car for me in Atlanta Georgia. I live in NY and with my job it's not so easy to drop everything and take a flight. If someone was willing to check this car out at the dealership prior to me buying a flight I would be extremely grateful. Not sure if this sort of thing is normal here, but i'd be willing to do it for someone!

Let me know, thanks!
-Peter

PS I'm a first time v8v buyer who's been looking for over a year for the right one!

Old 12-06-2013, 06:46 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
I'm sure many of us would have a look at a car for an interested party. But. What is it you're hoping to learn? Short of qualified mechanic doing a thorough inspection, you really won't learn much more than you can from photos and car fax.

I assume you're looking at something at that Atlanta AM dealer. What are you looking at? What are your concerns? If you've been looking for a year, what are the specifics that this particular car has that are so important?

Old 12-07-2013, 07:43 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Ibis,
I would always welcome a forum member or friend otherwise to check out a car for me in person before I took a flight to look at it myself. I find that there is so much more to a cars condition than service history and the CarFax.

Ellipses,
Even if the car is not for sale at an Aston main dealear most of them will do some sort of PPI for you (or at least a 150 point check which is pretty comprehensive) Just make an appointment at the 'local' Aston dealer yourself at a mutually agreeable time, and and have the seller drop the car off for inspection. You should be able to handle it all remotely and even speak to the service technician afterwards for debrief. If the seller does not want to participate in this PPI then it's probably best to walk away.

I would, of course, recommend a local forum member look at the car first if possible - just to make sure it's worth the effort - but if no one is available and everything seems to check out then go ahead with the remote PPI.

If the car that you're interested in was for sale in Michigan Then I would have no issue looking at it for you.

FF

Old 12-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Wow thanks for the advice. The whole process is a little stressful, so it's great to hear your comments.

I plan on getting a PPI done at Motorcars of Georgia but I thought it would be nice if someone looked at the car who's "owned one". I feel like they might ask questions or notice something about the car that I wouldn't necessarily know to ask. I once drove 3.5 hours to see a car that had excessive wear on the drivers seat, which all of the photos had conveniently hidden in sun glare. I'm not sure they cover that sort of thing in a PPI and I don't want to make the mistake again.

Thank you both for the advice. I'll be sure to ask to speak to the technician on the phone. If anyone ever needs me to check out a car on Long Island it would be my pleasure.

Hopefully someone will be willing to help in the area!
-Peter

Last edited by Ellipsis; 12-15-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:30 AM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
If you have the VIN number, you may get a forum member or your local AM dealer to run a report of what service has been performed.

I joined the AM fold 2 years ago next week and couldn't be happier with my choice.

Coincidentally, Motorcars of Georgia is the original selling dealer of my car, Ed Bolian is the salesman there who sold it new, and then took it back in on trade later.

Last edited by 62Jeff; 12-07-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:25 PM
jroback is on a distinguished road
Ellipsis: what is your time frame? I live in Atlanta, and bought my V8V from Motorcars of GA. I'd be happy to check it out for you, but this coming week is crazy at work. Could you wait until next Friday/Saturday?

Old 12-07-2013, 08:56 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by FatFrank
Ibis,
I would always welcome a forum member or friend otherwise to check out a car for me in person before I took a flight to look at it myself. I find that there is so much more to a cars condition than service history and the CarFax.

FF
Absolutely. I think all/most of us here are such brand enthusiasts that we'd like to help a buyer find the right car. I'm just wondering (and now have at least some insight) what Elipsis is after.

I'm in a sort of constant shopping mode and would probably ask the same if/when I think I'm close to trigger pull. That said, I bought mine totally unseen and with no PPI. I got lucky I guess. It was exactly as I expected and has proven to be even better than I could have expected considering the not entirely clear history. Only reason I keep shopping is 4.3 regret.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Aerome is on a distinguished road
I bought one based on the many pics and dealers explanation. There were a few disappointments that I felt would have been ethically correct to reveal, so I'd never buy another sight-unseen again. Remember what is acceptable to one fellow may not be so to another so as a community it is great to see so many willing to pitch in.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:37 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Bought site unseen with ppi and from reputable dealer with no disappointments. Not for the faint of heart or nervous type though.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:32 PM
I was originally looking for an 07, 08 with under 20k miles, manual and premium audio. I wanted a great colors combination like morning frost with red leather. It didn't take long to realize that most of the 07 and 08's don't really come in those colors. Instead I was mainly finding grays, blacks and more grays. Nothing wrong with those colors, in fact I grew quite found of Onyx. Long story short this '09 seems to be priced fairly.

jroback: I will send you a PM with the info. Can't emphasize how thankful I would be.

Thanks everyone!
-Peter

Old 12-08-2013, 08:42 PM
longview1 is on a distinguished road
Goodluck!
I bought a 99 Corvette cross country in 2006 and a forum member offered to check it out for me and did a very thorough job. There are still good folk out there!

Old 12-12-2013, 05:24 AM
Aerome is on a distinguished road
Ellipsis - I myself am waiting for the right Morning Frost combo in a DB9 coupe. Saw the rag version and it knocked me over. Not sure about finding anything under MY09, though.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Peter,

I can't help you in Atlanta, but I'm also on Long Island. If I can be of any help, feel free to get in touch.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Thanks everyone! Jroback has been very helpful thus far and hopes to check out the car today. Can't thank him enough!

Speedraser -- We've met before at the Old Westbury Gardens car show. Your car is the reason why I love the onyx black color

Old 12-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Now I know who you are

Glad to see progress in the quest (hopefully). Happy to help if I can.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone in Atlanta GA Available to check out a V8V?