Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

ahhhh!! emmission service light came on!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 04:17 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
ahhhh!! emmission service light came on!!!!

You have got to be kidding...... I thought the repair dust had settled, and then the emmissions service engine light comes on . (engine light came on and then the information center says "Have emission system serviced")

This car has 22kmiles on it. Runs strong and this just came on, while cruising at 22mpg on the hyway

any help?

if this kind of thing comes on , is it due to an intake/vacuum leak for example and once its fixed does it reset automatically, or does it required reset of the computer? Is that something that can be reset with some sequence of buttons pushed??

also, i think the general service warning came on too. I just changed the oil and wonder if this is a mileage based warning , also needed to be reset with the computer?

thanks,

Last edited by XWCGT; 12-06-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:29 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
You have to put a scanner on it to see what the error code is - could be as simple as the gas cap not tightened all the way. Its a good idea to buy your own Scanner (under $ 200) and I just use the VOLVO settings on mine because the Aston thinks that's what it is...

Old 12-06-2013, 04:33 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
I use the Jaguar setting on mine......seems to work ok.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:49 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Have it scanned for a code but 90% of the times on on modern low mileage car its a leak at the gas cap that triggers the emission warnings. The seals get torn or the modern gas eats it up.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:40 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
I'd echo getting it scanned, even if it goes away the codes will be stored.

Hate to tell you, but I just went through this with mine. Ended up being oxygen sensor. Twice

Old 12-07-2013, 03:15 AM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
I just had mine go off as well after a hard day at the track on my last lap. Car was due for annual and inspection so it's at the dealer. Will update with what the issue is and repair.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:23 AM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
Ignition off press and hold the T1/T2 and the Read button at the same time, then turn the ignition on wait for the orange triangle at the instrument cluster to blink fast three times on the third blink let go of the T1/T2 and read button, Now cycle the ignition off then back on. The service reminder light should now be reset.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:45 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Thanks all. I did the hold T1T2 and read button trick, but didn't wait until the triangle blinked 3 times. However, the emissions warning is not showing and I have no message showing the issue, (when you press read, the warning appears and that's not happening any longer). however, it still has a initial warning that it needs general service . maybe try the T1 T2 plus read button trick again? changed the oil today so that little job is done now. How do you reset the service interval warning?
Now curious about the 02 sensors . Hope they don't trigger a warning again.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:34 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by XWCGT
How do you reset the service interval warning?
Take to the main dealer and pay $1800......that is get it serviced! If it has just been serviced and the dealer forgot to reset the interval then they are at fault and should fix it FOC

Old 12-08-2013, 08:43 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I think there seems to be some confusion here. The procedure of holding T1/T2 while turning the ignition to the ON position described by Caraibam is for clearing the yearly interval service message on startup. The emission service warning sometimes gets cleared on its own if the fault hasn't recurred. However, the code will still be stored by the ECU and can be retrieved and cleared using a scan tool.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Check the Gas Cap

I had a new 07 Vantage which had the problem solved by warranty replacement of the gas cap - an easy fix. My 09 also had the emissions light come on because I was in too much of a rush and did not take the effort to turn the cap enough. After a few hot-cold cycles the light goes out by itself. This is a common issue with the Vantage, but mostly nothing of critical importance.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:30 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Oh yeah, forgot to mention seems like an innumerable list of, sometimes irrelevant and trivial, issues can cause this light to come on; My emissions service light came on after I disconnected and reconnected the rear bumper wiring harness once and I had to have the dealer reset it :/

FF

Old 12-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I think there seems to be some confusion here. The procedure of holding T1/T2 while turning the ignition to the ON position described by Caraibam is for clearing the yearly interval service message on startup. The emission service warning sometimes gets cleared on its own if the fault hasn't recurred. However, the code will still be stored by the ECU and can be retrieved and cleared using a scan tool.
got it.. thanks....... the emissions light isn't coming on now, probably because I filled up and tightened the gas cap.... it was a little loose, I think. but the interval service light still comes on during the start up menu'ing.
I held the t1t2 and read button and then turned the key on continuing to hold them both until the triangle would flash quickly 3 times, it never did. it just blinks every 1 second or so, and I just timed it for 3 times and then turned off the ignition.. didn't seem to work.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by FatFrank
Take to the main dealer and pay $1800......that is get it serviced! If it has just been serviced and the dealer forgot to reset the interval then they are at fault and should fix it FOC
I changed the oil and checked all the things that needed to be checked. so, I think I deserve to have the service light turned off.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:21 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XWCGT
got it.. thanks....... the emissions light isn't coming on now, probably because I filled up and tightened the gas cap.... it was a little loose, I think. but the interval service light still comes on during the start up menu'ing.
I held the t1t2 and read button and then turned the key on continuing to hold them both until the triangle would flash quickly 3 times, it never did. it just blinks every 1 second or so, and I just timed it for 3 times and then turned off the ignition.. didn't seem to work.
Timing the release of the buttons after the three flashes is critical. The first time I did it I was successful in about 3 tries. But the next time took me about 30 tries. If you don't hear a faint chime (similar to when you leave your lights on) then it didn't work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ahhhh!! emmission service light came on!!!!