Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Frost White & Vertigo Blue Vantage are extinct?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 09:19 PM
dbult is on a distinguished road
By the way, I've had white and had blue exterior. I receive 10x more compliments for the blue than the white. Blue is a head-turner. Good luck in your search.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:49 AM
CobaltC4S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dbult
By the way, I've had white and had blue exterior. I receive 10x more compliments for the blue than the white. Blue is a head-turner. Good luck in your search.
I've mainly stuck to exotic blue colours and I've always loved the pop to them. I was thinking for going the clean white look especially in a beautiful frost white this time around.

I'll take either or at this point... I just want to find the right one and they both seem very rare to locate.

Thank you,

Alin

Old 02-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Reviving an older thread... I'm still in the market and cannot for the life of me find a Frost White or Vertigo Blue Vantage coupe.

If anyone has any good leads, please let me know as I would really like to purchase one from now till summer.

Thanks!

Old 02-19-2015, 02:33 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
I have a slate blue DB9 and I always get people saying how much they love the color on my car. In my opinion the gray scale is so boring on these cars...

Old 02-19-2015, 03:29 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
I know where there's a brand new cobalt blue V12 S roadster. Not sure if you'd consider that color

Old 02-19-2015, 07:11 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
In case you haven't done so, expand your search to include Cobalt Blue and Iridium Blue, that might help open up the number of results. The vast majority of V8Vs are grey-scale, brighter blues aren't terribly common, which is unfortunate because it's so beautiful on the cars.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the responses guys!

bluebarchetta - I love the Cobalt Blue on the S's but that's slightly out of my budget at the moment.

I'm looking for something in the 60-75K mark. I'll go anywhere in Canada or the States.

telum01 - Cobalt Blue's are only on the S's, and the Iridium Blue is not what I want exactly.

If anyone has any leads though, please let me know. I have been searching for a very long time with no success.

Last edited by CobaltC4S; 02-20-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:30 PM
crayzii8 is on a distinguished road
Hey Cobalt, I've been shopping around and know there's this frost white one (which was used in the L.A. Autoshow) on sale:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...91644072&Log=0

Old 02-20-2015, 03:34 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
What about getting one that fits all your other requirements, then have it wrapped in blue? K-F did that on his previous V8V and it was gorgeous.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:18 PM
AMCan will become famous soon enough
Apparently we're from the same neck of the woods where it's -20C right now - for those of you south of the border that's about -273F

Spent about a year looking for a blue manual V8. Closest was a 2011 (or 2012) V8 blue (i think it was cobalt) auto out in Calgary around this time last year.

As you already know, the blue ones are very hard to find. I eventually concluded that if I didn't want to compromise on the color (particularly with the manual) it was going to be a long wait. Ended up buying new to get what I wanted.

Have you talked to the dealers in Montreal and Toronto? I've seen a few really nice used ones in Montreal and if they're aware you're looking they'll certainly let you know when something comes up. Eric at Decarie Motors is a really great guy and he knows the market here, which saves the hassle of all the import stuff. Not to mention the current 25% exchange rate.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by crayzii8
Hey Cobalt, I've been shopping around and know there's this frost white one (which was used in the L.A. Autoshow) on sale:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...91644072&Log=0
Thanks for the link, but I would like to stick to a 6spd only! Also, that's a 2006 and I would like to stay away from the 06's.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by telum01
What about getting one that fits all your other requirements, then have it wrapped in blue? K-F did that on his previous V8V and it was gorgeous.

It's a great option but I would like to stick to the original paint look. I love the depth of the Vertigo or Cobalt Blue paint!

Old 02-21-2015, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by AMCan
Apparently we're from the same neck of the woods where it's -20C right now - for those of you south of the border that's about -273F

Spent about a year looking for a blue manual V8. Closest was a 2011 (or 2012) V8 blue (i think it was cobalt) auto out in Calgary around this time last year.

As you already know, the blue ones are very hard to find. I eventually concluded that if I didn't want to compromise on the color (particularly with the manual) it was going to be a long wait. Ended up buying new to get what I wanted.

Have you talked to the dealers in Montreal and Toronto? I've seen a few really nice used ones in Montreal and if they're aware you're looking they'll certainly let you know when something comes up. Eric at Decarie Motors is a really great guy and he knows the market here, which saves the hassle of all the import stuff. Not to mention the current 25% exchange rate.
I've been in touch with a few reputable dealers in MTL. I didn't reach out to the Toronto market just yet. From what I've been seeing, the Vertigo Blue is extremely hard to find especially in 6spd. I might have to up my budget and go for a Cobalt Blue Vantage S.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:44 PM
Korntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura about
Kanga are you in the Columbia river gorge, or do you live someplace else? I have a business in The Dalles but live in Clackamas.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the lead Kanga!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Frost White & Vertigo Blue Vantage are extinct?