Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin as a First Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:47 AM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
I didn't have anywhere near the caliber of exotics you guys did when going to College but I did have a Porsche 944 Turbo. I learned that even though it was a "cheap Porsche" people thought I was a kid born with a silver spoon. I also had a few issues with people messing with it (keyed) at College. If you can put up with immaturity that sometimes goes with College life than by all means drive the Aston but carry good insurance. If I were you, get two cars -- one can be your everyday car and the other can be your fun car. Secondly, theres no way a Vantage or DB9 would make it through a Canadian winter. Shoot.. I bet these cars would have a hard time making it through wet grass.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by blue_skies
It's a terrible idea. I had the opportunity to go off to college with a Lamborghini Gallardo (thanks to mom and dad, not my imaginary teenage tech empire).

Here is my biggest recollection of driving it in college:

1) "Sorry, I can only fit one other person"

2) "Dude, you better not puke in here"

3) Being 15 minutes late to class because I had to find a parking spot where ditsy sororities/other late students wouldn't open their door into it

4) The fact that there's nothing enjoyable about driving an exotic in 2 mile bursts 15 times a day

5) You learn to live without ever eating food because a) fast food smells up the car and b) you can't fit any groceries in it

6) Lastly, and I can't stress this the most, looking like an asshat because everyone else drove normal cars. It's college, not a yacht club.

If I did it all over again, I would have gotten a practical car and spent more time enjoying the actual college experience.
What he said

Old 01-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lailainoob
And in regards to my business, there's plenty of market in China for programming and the use of VPNs to bypass censorship, and I have taken the opportunity to distribute a VPN to bypass censorship and allow others to access social media websites and websites blocked within China.
I heard the Chinese special crime unit is still looking for you…

You will have much more fun and it will be more practical to get a M3 or 911.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:40 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
It's a terrible idea. I had the opportunity to go off to college with a Lamborghini Gallardo (thanks to mom and dad, not my imaginary teenage tech empire).

3) Being 15 minutes late to class because I had to find a parking spot where ditsy sororities/other late students wouldn't open their door into it

4) The fact that there's nothing enjoyable about driving an exotic in 2 mile bursts 15 times a day

5) You learn to live without ever eating food because a) fast food smells up the car and b) you can't fit any groceries in it

6) Lastly, and I can't stress this the most, looking like an asshat because everyone else drove normal cars. It's college, not a yacht club.

If I did it all over again, I would have gotten a practical car and spent more time enjoying the actual college experience.
Blue,
Great summary that I can relate to, even if I was living month to month with an old Golf GTI when I was at college

Last edited by FatFrank; 01-23-2014 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Wrong car!
Old 01-29-2014, 03:44 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
I'd suggest a 911. It's objectively better to drive than the Aston (but is obviously missing the style, character, and charm) and it's pretty low profile. It's a pretty good winter car because it has the engine over the driven wheels (even if you don't get a 4S), it's really reliable, and it can fit a drunken friend in the back. they'll have to be drunk to contort for the duration of the trip.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:47 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
lol!

Old 01-29-2014, 07:02 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by maroli
I'd suggest a 911. It's objectively better to drive than the Aston (but is obviously missing the style, character, and charm) and it's pretty low profile. It's a pretty good winter car because it has the engine over the driven wheels (even if you don't get a 4S), it's really reliable, and it can fit a drunken friend in the back. they'll have to be drunk to contort for the duration of the trip.
911 also has all the latest technologies and more up-to-date features.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by TGED
911 also has all the latest technologies and more up-to-date features.
...and is completely anonymous, enabling you to disappear into the herd like a Honda Civic on the 405 Freeway..

Old 01-29-2014, 10:05 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by FatFrank
...and is completely anonymous, enabling you to disappear into the herd like a Honda Civic on the 405 Freeway..
or more to the point, a university parking lot.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
I wish I could buy an AM when I was in college, you are lucky just being able to afford a car like this while in college. If you are worry about maintenance for the car, I don't think you should get an AM. SUV would fit and treat you much better while you are in school.
Regarding Porsche vs Vantage, they are both fine cars, each has pro and con. Porsche is an iconic sport car with 50 years in the making and still looking fine on the road, AM is more flashy and look at me status, I like both
Every man have different taste in woman and cars, nothing is wrong with Porsche or AM gentlemen

Old 02-27-2014, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Gotgolf52
I wish I could buy an AM when I was in college, you are lucky just being able to afford a car like this while in college. If you are worry about maintenance for the car, I don't think you should get an AM. SUV would fit and treat you much better while you are in school.
Regarding Porsche vs Vantage, they are both fine cars, each has pro and con. Porsche is an iconic sport car with 50 years in the making and still looking fine on the road, AM is more flashy and look at me status, I like both
Every man have different taste in woman and cars, nothing is wrong with Porsche or AM gentlemen
Gotgolf,
Did they have English classes wherever you went to college?

FF

Old 02-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
Hello Fat Frank, please excuse my gramma, English is my third language. I was trying to make the point. I met some very classy people on this Aston threads, black penguin and axarunner. But also some ******* like your Fat ***

Old 02-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Gotgolf52
Hello Fat Frank, please excuse my gramma, English is my third language. I was trying to make the point. I met some very classy people on this Aston threads, black penguin and axarunner. But also some ******* like your Fat ***
Yeah, know I. Sorry that about am.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:21 AM
colonel is on a distinguished road
Add Content

Old 02-28-2014, 09:05 AM
b_gust99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by FatFrank
Yeah, know I. Sorry that about am.

Does the smiley face make it cool to bust his ***** about grammar?? Last I checked, the grammar in my 3rd language is awful as well, how bout yours?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin as a First Car?