6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   New "special Astons" to be featured in Geneva (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/329798-new-special-astons-featured-geneva.html)

AXARUNNER 02-20-2014 08:57 AM

If AM had the resources $$$ that GM has then I would imagine their vehicles would be world class performers. Clearly GM should have been producing a Vette of this calibre 30 years ago. I leased a C5 and couldn't wait for the 36 months to be up. It soured me against even thinking about getting another Vette. Folks say the interior is much improved over the prior model… but its still not a bespoke as an Aston Martin's interior. Maybe I'm too old-school but the video screen instrument graphics don't do it for me and I much prefer the simplicity of my V8 Vantage S set-up.

007 Vantage 02-20-2014 02:14 PM

Tune alone gets the old 4.3L to N430 level, then cats will take you to 450ish. Headers and filters will get you to 475ish. All for tiny fraction of the cost. I really have no idea what is taking them so long to up the power further than 430.

The only good looking one is black with silver lipstick (least obvious of all the options). Purple is downright hilarious haha

Saturn 02-23-2014 05:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I dont mind the lipstick ... to each their own...I always like something different.

RossL 02-23-2014 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Saturn (Post 4054584)
I dont mind the lipstick ... to each their own...I always like something different.

The lipstick looks great on a race car but the street version is a lot different and has a lot less decals to accent the highlights of the lipstick.

I'm biased but I like what Ferrari did with the Challenge Stradale and Scuderia. They made it more race focused and added a stripe to clearly differentiate it. Aston could also do this as another forum member(forgot who) did on their V12V. The have the separate hood for the V12V which is subtle and not over the top. Why not do something similar but with a stripe or other livery that isn't so flamboyant.

Saturn 02-23-2014 08:03 PM

I'm in agreement.

I came from a Maserati. They distinguished it with the MC Stradale. Markings ... different splitter ... different front fender.
Same thing they did as you mentioned in the Stradale and Scuderia.

The Aston guys did their differentiation but unfortunately its not the liking of majority.
Its is a personal thing. I did do the lipstick thing and the vast majority said WTF? .. like why? ... lol

I still like the different look it carries and it does stick out a little more while the other Aston's seemingly just blend in the sea of other exotics in meets ... same way a black Gallardo just disappears while a yellow or red or orange one pops out!

Originally Posted by RossL (Post 4054697)
The lipstick looks great on a race car but the street version is a lot different and has a lot less decals to accent the highlights of the lipstick.

I'm biased but I like what Ferrari did with the Challenge Stradale and Scuderia. They made it more race focused and added a stripe to clearly differentiate it. Aston could also do this as another forum member(forgot who) did on their V12V. The have the separate hood for the V12V which is subtle and not over the top. Why not do something similar but with a stripe or other livery that isn't so flamboyant.

FatFrank 02-27-2014 08:16 PM

Fricken eck, what are they doing? Yellow cantrails! ugh!