6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   New "special Astons" to be featured in Geneva (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/329798-new-special-astons-featured-geneva.html)

AXARUNNER 02-19-2014 01:40 PM

New "special Astons" to be featured in Geneva
 
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/19/a...neva-official/

Courtesy of Autoblog. The comments amused me.

RossL 02-19-2014 02:39 PM

The comments are funny and many are true, sadly. I'm all for making cars more racey but the lipstick look is just ugly.

007 Vantage 02-19-2014 05:32 PM

I can't believe they are still stuck at 430 hp. At least make it an N450

RossL 02-19-2014 06:43 PM


Originally Posted by 007 Vantage (Post 4051773)
I can't believe they are still stuck at 430 hp. At least make it an N450

And the Vantage S already has 430 hp...

On a side note, I like the idea of a Carbon White and Carbon Black for the DB9.

[email protected] 02-19-2014 06:49 PM


Originally Posted by RossL (Post 4051643)
The comments are funny and many are true, sadly. I'm all for making cars more racey but the lipstick look is just ugly.

Agreed.

AstonAddict 02-20-2014 01:12 AM

Wow. That is some nasty stuff.

It's really sad. Ugly paint jobs and marginal technological advancement. They should just abandon this whole lipstick marketing ploy. I am not sure it's working.

mikey k 02-20-2014 01:35 AM

I think the title should be

"NOT SO NEW special Astons to be featured in Geneva"

The N430 is just an S with awful graphics options :(

mikey k 02-20-2014 01:38 AM


Originally Posted by AstonAddict (Post 4052006)
Wow. That is some nasty stuff.

It's really sad. Ugly paint jobs and marginal technological advancement. They should just abandon this whole lipstick marketing ploy. I am not sure it's working.

There is ZERO technology advance here! All the "advancements" are either std or options on an S and have been for the last 2 years
I wish some one would drag Bez away from the parts bins and off for some better inspiration elsewhere

The lipstick thing is an well overworked aspect of a few racing paint schemes AMR have used (IIRC started on the DBR9's)

Vergis 02-20-2014 04:07 AM

My 2005 car is lighter and faster 0-60 then the N430. Rolling road session planned.

irish07 02-20-2014 06:30 AM

Seems like a real large leap backwards..just my 2cents

either way..not coming to N.A

V12V 02-20-2014 06:38 AM

Adding lipstick and graphics and calling it special does not make it so. The real problem is everyone sees this but Aston. Is there no R & D of any kind?

irish07 02-20-2014 06:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by V12V (Post 4052072)
Adding lipstick and graphics and calling it special does not make it so. The real problem is everyone sees this but Aston. Is there no R & D of any kind?

The lipstick idea, is Aston's idea of doing a tribute to there VH race winning cars..Not the first time Aston has done this, think they did this tribute thing with the V12V while back, was not a bad idea for a collector..but for the V8VS..wait sorry new N430??...Not the greatest idea I agree..but someone in Gaydon thinks it's awesome... :(

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ine=1392904131

AXARUNNER 02-20-2014 07:20 AM


Originally Posted by 007 Vantage (Post 4051773)
I can't believe they are still stuck at 430 hp. At least make it an N450

Simply modifying the exhaust with proper headers, higher flow cats and a lighter titanium exhaust would have bumped the horsepower 10% to 473 right Stuart?

irish07 02-20-2014 08:27 AM

..or just buy a base model and work with Stuart to twin charge it with the extra money you saved...Hmmm now I'm thinking I should buy a TIG..wonder how much that could run me for just doing exhaust tubing??

[email protected] 02-20-2014 08:35 AM


Originally Posted by AXARUNNER (Post 4052113)
Simply modifying the exhaust with proper headers, higher flow cats and a lighter titanium exhaust would have bumped the horsepower 10% to 473 right Stuart?

Something in that neighbourhood, yes. Not really an option that is available to Aston though for a variety of reasons.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:18 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands