6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Acquired Taste? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/330840-acquired-taste.html)

oo7 03-05-2014 01:41 PM

Acquired Taste?

2 Attachment(s)
Is it me or some sort of emperors new clothes ploy?

yankee04 03-05-2014 01:48 PM

It looks okay today but in 5 years? ....not a timeless color combo.

Texas F1 03-05-2014 01:54 PM

The color combo looks okay, but the way the back edge of the yellow abruptly interrupts the nice flowing lines into the rear quarter panel doesn't look right.

IbisRider 03-05-2014 02:09 PM

That N420 treatment has always been a bad choice off the track.

Meanwhile that metallic green is brilliant and the color that I want my next Aston. The yellow calipers are sort of wrong but passable I guess.

Now I just need to determine the optimum color for the interior of that body color. Iron Ore could be good, or Lords Red. Suggestions?

RossL 03-05-2014 04:22 PM

It reminds me of the tape you see on cars before you purchase them. I feel it needs to be peeled off before it gets detailed so I can drive home in a gorgeous Vantage.

oo7 03-05-2014 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by IbisRider (Post 4061826)
That N420 treatment has always been a bad choice off the track. Meanwhile that metallic green is brilliant and the color that I want my next Aston. The yellow calipers are sort of wrong but passable I guess. Now I just need to determine the optimum color for the interior of that body color. Iron Ore could be good, or Lords Red. Suggestions?

Yes I love the color!!! It is great and bitter chocolate with black and/Havana tan or bison. Still believe Fisker had an eye roll when he saw it

sunir 03-05-2014 06:04 PM

Love it. If you visit the Aston Factory in Gaydon just outside London this paint scheme will make a lot more sense.

bluesun 03-05-2014 08:02 PM

Hate it. The lipstick and the roof treatment looks horrible in my eyes. Sometimes a two tone paint or black roof looks ok, but this does not. What else can they do that doesn't cost them money? They "added" 10 hp and that paint and they are calling it a special edition. Oh well, to each their own.

jaspergtr 03-05-2014 08:16 PM

I agree with most.

It seems like the design team takes 8-10 years off in between models..., then tosses the keys to the marketing and sales guys to cover for them until they return.

mikey k 03-06-2014 02:48 AM

Those graphics are an optional extra that I doubt many will specify ;)
(much like the black roof, black rear panel and contrasting grill on the V12VS)

jaymoney 03-06-2014 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by IbisRider (Post 4061826)
That N420 treatment has always been a bad choice off the track.

Meanwhile that metallic green is brilliant and the color that I want my next Aston. The yellow calipers are sort of wrong but passable I guess.

Now I just need to determine the optimum color for the interior of that body color. Iron Ore could be good, or Lords Red. Suggestions?

One of the best exterior colors. I would consider a rich earthy color inside. Kestrel or chestnut with black carpets

jroback 03-06-2014 09:20 AM

Ugggh. No thanks.

jcpca356 03-06-2014 09:30 AM

Lipsticksux

buzzm 03-06-2014 10:07 AM

the colors are nice, just not together, looks terrible imo, like it was done by mistake, or isnt finished yet

sunir 03-06-2014 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by jaymoney (Post 4062303)
One of the best exterior colors. I would consider a rich earthy color inside. Kestrel or chestnut with black carpets

Kestrel is one of my FAVORITES for interior schemes with black carpets is a nice touch. I was looking for that, in fact one of the DBS I was looking at had a Kestrel interior with dark British green exterior, lovely! I think the trick is to have it so that the interior and exterior together are a nice combo, for example on my slate blue DB, the artic ice blue with obsidian and matching deviated stitching and Taylors headliner is perfect, for that exterior color Kestrel wouldn't have worked.