Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Video Heavy - VelocityAP Aston Martin 'X-Pipe' Exhaust Line - Aston Martin Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Video Heavy - VelocityAP Aston Martin 'X-Pipe' Exhaust Line - Aston Martin Tuning

As we have posted recently, development and testing phase of our V12 Headers & full exhaust system is complete. During this the owner of the DB9 Volante we used for dyno measurement expressed his desire to hear the high-pitched aspect of the V12 sound emphasized as much as possible.

We took the opportunity to design & test a new silencer design which will be available across all Aston Martin Models. The new design features an oval silencer (as seen on the image of our Rapide Exhaust below) and incorporates an X-pipe inside the chamber, along with our usual silencing designs. The X-pipe systems are available in the same sound levels (Supersports, Sports, Touring & Custom) as our existing exhaust systems which we have been offering since 2007.

So what is the difference between these and the Velocity systems you already know about? The existing design produces a beefier, more muscular sound which is most prominent at lower RPM. The new design is slightly quieter and smoother at low RPM, a little less raucous, but emphasizes the high-pitch of the upper RPM range. What is the result? Click the video below to find out!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-05-2014, 05:27 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Man sounds great! Just wish they would lose the music when creating these sound clips.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedracer800
Man sounds great! Just wish they would lose the music when creating these sound clips.
You should hear it in person!!!

I hear what you're saying about music. I edited this clip myself, and I like to hear plenty of unadulterated exhaust sound. It is always a bit of a compromise. Some of the clips I had to work with have heavy wind noise, and the music helps allow you to isolate the exhaust sound and block out the wind. One of the DSLR clips I forgot to put the batteries in the mic, and the GoPro clips on the chase car would just sound like rumbling road noise.

So sometimes you have to splice a little in there to make it work better. But you are right, it sounds absolutely sensational!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-06-2014, 08:34 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Sounds more F-1 than Nascar... I prefer it.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Fubar has a spectacular aura aboutFubar has a spectacular aura about
Angry Dog, will bite!

Old 03-06-2014, 09:09 AM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
makes me want a V12...badly

Old 03-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
Here's the new design for the V8 and V12 Vantage. Like the DB9, DBS, Virage & Vanquish setup, it features an X-Pipe internal structure, and comes in Touring, Sport & Supersport just like our original design systems. This system is designed to produce a smoother, higher pitched sound for those who prefer that sound.

We still produce and offer our original 2007 design for those who prefer the deeper, more raw sound.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	V8VantageSportExhaustX-PipeDesign_zps3ff866c1.png
Views:	1051
Size:	549.8 KB
ID:	347086  
206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-14-2014, 03:39 PM
V12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura about
Is there a system like this for the new Vanquish ?

Old 03-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by V12Vantage
Is there a system like this for the new Vanquish ?
I have yet to confirm, but we believe the Vanquish silencer is still the same fitment as the DB9/DBS/Virage. If so then, yes we do. If not then we would need an OEM pattern, but could turn around in about 1 week.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-14-2014, 04:00 PM
V12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura aboutV12Vantage has a spectacular aura about
The Vanquish silencer is very small, it looks the same as the new V12 Vantage S.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by V12Vantage
The Vanquish silencer is very small, it looks the same as the new V12 Vantage S.
The DB9/DBS/Virage silencer is much smaller than the V8 Vantage. The V12VS Silencer is most likely the same fitment as the other Vantage Variants, although what's in between might be different.

Send us yours and we'll check and see, offer you a nice discount too , it's only a puddle jump to get it there!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Yangpei is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Here's the new design for the V8 and V12 Vantage. Like the DB9, DBS, Virage & Vanquish setup, it features an X-Pipe internal structure, and comes in Touring, Sport & Supersport just like our original design systems. This system is designed to produce a smoother, higher pitched sound for those who prefer that sound.

We still produce and offer our original 2007 design for those who prefer the deeper, more raw sound.

I ordered a Supersport X-Pipe system for my V8V last week. I'll post feedback after I get it mounted in the next week or two.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Yangpei
I ordered a Supersport X-Pipe system for my V8V last week. I'll post feedback after I get it mounted in the next week or two.
That picture is your system!!! Finished up today, shipping on Monday!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-14-2014, 09:57 PM
007V8V is on a distinguished road
Cant wait to hear a clip of this on the V8

Old 03-15-2014, 06:09 PM
Kent will become famous soon enough
sounds great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video Heavy - VelocityAP Aston Martin 'X-Pipe' Exhaust Line - Aston Martin Tuning