Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

Who wants Aston Martin Jack Pads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Who wants Aston Martin Jack Pads?

First off, thanks to Duane, this was his idea

I have foam core prototyped and worked up a solidworks file for Aston Martin Jack Pads. As most of you probably know, there's a weird little cutout in the sill at the jacking points, and a little hole where the chassis is mounted on the production line.

Many people have been using hockey pucks, blocks of wood etc, when jacking their cars up. These will work, but of course there's always that nagging doubt about whether it is properly secured, cars falling off the jack, damaging the sill etc.

The pieces I have designed will sit in the cup of a standard jack. The little nub that protrudes is actually separate from the shaped slice. This means that to use the pad on the opposite side of the car you lift the contoured piece off and flip it 180 degrees. Front & Back are different shapes so there's one piece for the front, and one for the back.

The little holes in the sills are lined with a recessed rubber grommet, so the nub should actually be snug enough to hold the pad in position while you position the Jack. No more guesswork, no more blocks of wood.

We're aiming to produced these machined out of billed aluminum (or aluminium ). I can do this at a price of $89.95 per vehicle set. I know, I know, you can get jack pads for a Honda for $20, but economies of scale and all that.

I haven't pulled the trigger on these yet, looking to get some feedback. If I can get an even dozen we could get this into production.

Any Interest?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JackPadsSolidworks_zps165bb0b6.jpg
Views:	4579
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	347151  
206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-14-2014, 05:04 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
would it be usable on DB9?

Old 03-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CARAIBAM
would it be usable on DB9?
I designed these on a Vantage, but I am told by an Aston mechanic that the cutouts look the same on all the cars, so I *Believe* that they will work on all the Gaydon Era cars.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I have some wooden blocks I made for my V12V if anyone is interested.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:10 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
I would want a set.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:37 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
I'm in for sure

Old 03-14-2014, 09:32 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in if I keep my Vantage! I lifted the car up just last week to do an oil service and was lamenting not having these. I think they are a must have for the car as there is no good pickup point without them.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by drcollie
I'm in if I keep my Vantage! I lifted the car up just last week to do an oil service and was lamenting not having these. I think they are a must have for the car as there is no good pickup point without them.
I saw your thread about the wheels Duane, and selling the car... say it ain't so?

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-14-2014, 10:33 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Raising my hand, I'm in for some.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:23 PM
groutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura about
Hi Stuart
You can count me in as well.
Your pricing is spot on based on other jacking pucks in the market place (corvette, viper, etc.), I've bought pucks for all of my previous vehicles.
How about dipping them in rubber (like tool handle rubber dip) to help marring the painted surface. I'd be willing to pay extra for the coating.
Thanks!

Old 03-15-2014, 01:40 AM
marcus303 is on a distinguished road
I'll take a set

Old 03-15-2014, 05:39 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
I designed these on a Vantage, but I am told by an Aston mechanic that the cutouts look the same on all the cars, so I *Believe* that they will work on all the Gaydon Era cars.
They seem a little too specific. You should get a DB9 and make sure your design is truly universal to Gaydon cars. Also, I don't understand the part about the nub being separate. Are you saying there are 3 pieces, or is the nub part of the rectangular block? Or is there a nub on both sides of the rectangular block and a hole in the circular part so the rectangle can be flipped to 'hand' the puck?

Just call me confused...

Old 03-15-2014, 06:48 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like you would need two sets if you wanted to jack up the front or rear of the car from both sides?

....and, yes, it's aluminium.

Last edited by FatFrank; 03-15-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Aluminium!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:00 AM
V12V will become famous soon enough
I'll take a set. Rubber coating would be nice as well.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Yangpei is on a distinguished road
I'd be interested in a set as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who wants Aston Martin Jack Pads?