Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

So I have an aftermarket exhaust...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 11:26 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
So I have an aftermarket exhaust...

The dealer claims they did not know the exhaust had been changed from stock. Hmmm...

I had them look when I was in a couple days ago and they said there are no markings to tell what brand it is. This is why it is louder than I expected.

So, I will never be able to revert back to stock exhaust (short of buying one). Not the end of the world...every body absolutely loves the sound when they hear it. I think after a 3 to 4 hour trip I might have a headache. Small price to pay I guess.

Does anyone have any advice on how to tell what kind of exhaust I might have? Any way to tel if it is the Quicksilver exhaust? TIA

Old 04-12-2014, 11:58 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
[QUOTE=rscultho;4089848]The dealer claims they did not know the exhaust had been changed from stock. Hmmm...

I had them look when I was in a couple days ago and they said there are no markings to tell what brand it is. This is why it is louder than I expected.

So, I will never be able to revert back to stock exhaust (short of buying one). Not the end of the world...every body absolutely loves the sound when they hear it. I think after a 3 to 4 hour trip I might have a headache. Small price to pay I guess.

Does anyone have any advice on how to tell what kind of exhaust I might have? Any way to tel if it is the Quicksilver exhaust? TIA[/QUOT]

You didn't mention what car you have? If you can post a picture of the exhaust I'll bet someone here can give you a pretty good idea of what you have. Good luck and congrats on the purchase.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Huh...well, I have 2009 DBS.

Will have to work on the pics.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:01 PM
So I got under the car a looked again at the exhaust on the car.

I finally found a pic that matches exactly what is under there.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DBS QuikSilver SuperSport Exhaust specsheet.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	359358  
Old 04-13-2014, 07:16 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
I just bought a 2009 DBS with 7k miles. If you'd like ill be more then happy to trade you my stock muffler for yours Ill even pay a shop of your choice to do the swap.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:03 AM
Wow! A generous offer. However, at this point I will have to decline. Thanks though...

Old 04-14-2014, 07:12 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
From what you describe, I'm glad I didn't fall to the temptation to install a Quicksilver, since it can't be shutoff. I tried removing Fuse 22, but it got real annoying/tiring when just cruising down the highway, so back in it went.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
From what you describe, I'm glad I didn't fall to the temptation to install a Quicksilver, since it can't be shutoff. I tried removing Fuse 22, but it got real annoying/tiring when just cruising down the highway, so back in it went.
Yes, it is annoying when cruising. I am considering whether I should look for a stock DBS exhaust. I don't want to get rid of the QuickSilver either.

Looking at the mechanics of things under there, it doesn't look like it would be that difficult to "unbolt" the QuickSilver and re-install a stock exhaust.

I have surfed and cannot find a used, stock DBS exhaust. My sales guy is actually trying to contact the previous owner to try and find out what he did with the original stock exhaust. Don't know what will happen with that.

So the QuickSilver is supposed to save an additional 25lbs, provide an additional 15Hp and some additional torque. If putting the stock exhaust box back on is as simple as it would appear, I would like to get hold of one and put it on to gauge the difference in sound and performance over the QuickSilver.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by anton28
I just bought a 2009 DBS with 7k miles. If you'd like ill be more then happy to trade you my stock muffler for yours Ill even pay a shop of your choice to do the swap.
If you do swap out your stock exhaust and want to get rid of it let me know.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by rscultho
Wow! A generous offer. However, at this point I will have to decline. Thanks though...
Understandable if anything changes, keep me in mind!

Old 04-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by rscultho
If you do swap out your stock exhaust and want to get rid of it let me know.
Will do! Make me an offer. Maybe that will persuade me to purchase quicksilver as a replacement.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:35 AM
Originally Posted by anton28
Will do! Make me an offer. Maybe that will persuade me to purchase quicksilver as a replacement.
I have seen DB9 used, stock exhausts on ebay for anywhere from $500 to $900 bucks. I don't know if you want to part with it for that...I can't find any DBS exhausts listed.

I've seen the Quicksilver exhaust I have on my DBS listed for between $2300 and $2800 (new). It may be had for even cheaper than that. However, I have not seen any used Quicksilver exhausts for the DBS either.