6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   C&D Top 10 Most beautiful cars on sale now-which Aston is on the list? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/334697-c-d-top-10-most-beautiful-cars-sale-now-aston-list.html)

timwhayden 04-19-2014 08:35 PM

C&D Top 10 Most beautiful cars on sale now-which Aston is on the list?

A hint:not the DB9 or Vanquish. As an owner of the car listed I feel vindicated since I totally agree!

DonL 04-20-2014 08:05 AM

Wrong photo...

For those of us who no longer subscribe to C & D, here is a link:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-10-...on-sale-today/

I have to agree with some of the comments made there. I for one, would have chosen a different livery for the AM photo.

V12V 04-20-2014 08:30 AM

I agree with most of their selections. Even the ones I don't care about, Cady, Rover and R8, are nice looking in their segment. The Aston choice is obvious and why my V12V is one of my two absolute keepers along with my Ford GT.

XJRS Owner 04-20-2014 08:47 AM

Alfa 4c....what an ugly little turd of a car. Terrible proportions and ugly as sin headlamps. No way should this ever be on a most beautiful list. And neither should the R8.

rscultho 04-21-2014 05:06 AM

I'm probably one of the biggest Jag fans on this board, but the F Type is *not* the best looking car on the market.

However, it is close. Although I would *NEVER* choose it above the new Vanquish, once Jag gets rid of the Honda S 2000 front end and shaves about 500 lbs of body weight they will have a serious contender.

The F Type weighs as much as my 5L XKR did. That's simply too much.

tko211 04-21-2014 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by XJRS Owner (Post 4095674)
Alfa 4c....what an ugly little turd of a car. Terrible proportions and ugly as sin headlamps. No way should this ever be on a most beautiful list. And neither should the R8.

I'm glad you said this. I was beginning to think I was the only other person on the planet that felt this way.

Visually the Alpha 4C really is a strange looking car. It has some good lines mixed with really bad ones. To me it seems very much like transgendered car! In your peripheral vision you catch a glimpse of something beautiful but... Yep, that is not what I thought it was going to be... That's an ugly car pretending to be a pretty one! :eek:

IbisRider 04-21-2014 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by tko211 (Post 4096434)
Visually the Alpha 4C really is a strange looking car. It has some good lines mixed with really bad ones. To me it seems very much like transgendered car! In your peripheral vision you catch a glimpse of something beautiful but... Yep, that is not what I thought it was going to be... That's an ugly car pretending to be a pretty one! :eek:

Well put.

telum01 04-21-2014 11:32 AM

I'm not a fan of the 4C either.

I'm actually a fan of the F-Type's styling for the most part. I don't like the tail lights, though - they make me think "Chevy"... I think the front looks excellent from a sporty standpoint, but isn't nearly as elegant as every other Jag on the market.

The R8 is a great design - it looks sporty yet restrained. But that doesn't make it one of the most beautiful. It's too restrained to be beautiful, in my opinion.

IbisRider 04-21-2014 11:32 AM

Meanwhile, I disagree with at least half of that list.

The 911? It's not ugly, but it's really not so pretty. If a Porsche goes on this list, let it be the actually very beautiful Cayman.

The Ranger Rover? Really. I'd say its about the sorriest looking one in several generations. If a Rover, make it the Evoque

Alfa, see above.

Jag is nice but not nice enough for a list of the MOST beautiful out there.

The DB9 should be there.

The Vanquish Volante should be there. With the top down, it is tear jerking beautiful. The absence of the roof line allows the haunches (hips, etc.) to dominate the entire form and provide a sleek and powerful stance.

And where is the Scibaru FR-S/BRZ? Just because it's a $30k car doesn't mean its not a rather beautiful form.

Also missing the Ferrari F12, Maserati GT, others?

XWCGT 04-22-2014 11:33 AM

what a crock!! an F type more beautiful than a Ferrari? the rear of the car looks like the face of a bull dog , all pushed up. its good looking, dong get me wrong, but compared to a Vantage or lambo, Ferrari, etc , I don't think so. whats that caddy doing in there? :)

my order would be:

lambo
Ferrari
vantage
tesla
jag F type
McLaren
audi R8
Porsche
Alpha
caddy