Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

XCAR Video -2015 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S: Pure Anger

Old 04-23-2014, 09:16 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
XCAR Video -2015 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S: Pure Anger

A "more smiles per mile video" with some great soundtrack

Old 04-23-2014, 10:11 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Great vid, thanks for posting!

That car should be a manual. Period. The more I see it, the more I want it. But that transmission... If it were a manual, I'd trade in.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by telum01
Great vid, thanks for posting!

That car should be a manual. Period. The more I see it, the more I want it. But that transmission... If it were a manual, I'd trade in.
I just spent the majority of the day demo getting it prep'd.. I've driven them all and love this setup with the ASM3, I didn't miss the manual shift at all ..I have a V12V stick in the shop, drove it and got into the V12VS...the ASM3 fits it perfectly and just me but I enjoyed the ride much more.. Don't believe the video reviews of the trans being slow and clunky... When you have the car in sport mode, track mode active and shifting at +90% throttle, you enter hypershift and hold the f*ck on!!
It is nothing like the older ASM drives..

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-23-2014, 08:39 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by irish07
I just spent the majority of the day demo getting it prep'd.. I've driven them all and love this setup with the ASM3, I didn't miss the manual shift at all ..I have a V12V stick in the shop, drove it and got into the V12VS...the ASM3 fits it perfectly and just me but I enjoyed the ride much more.. Don't believe the video reviews of the trans being slow and clunky... When you have the car in sport mode, track mode active and shifting at +90% throttle, you enter hypershift and hold the f*ck on!!
It is nothing like the older ASM drives..
I want to believe you because I really want this car. However, if every review I have seen(and I've seen most if not all of them) call it the key detractor, it's probably true.

Regarding the shifting, I want the transmission to perform at all levels and not just WOT. I would be driving this car more often off track and below 90% throttle. I'm also not looking for a 200k car that I need to get used to the transmission when pretty much every option at 200k won't have this handicap.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
That V12 sound brings back memories. I miss it!

Old 04-23-2014, 09:00 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I'm actually going to go to my local dealer and check out the V12S they have. I really really want one......DAMN YOU AM AND YOUR V12 SYMPHONY!

Old 04-24-2014, 06:03 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Great. I look forward to hearing your impressions.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:14 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RossL
I'm actually going to go to my local dealer and check out the V12S they have. I really really want one......DAMN YOU AM AND YOUR V12 SYMPHONY!
Are you going to AM of Wash? They have a V12VS-Q there... it's absolutely amazing. The paint is awesome, but not the route I would go. The carbon is nuts.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I want to believe you because I really want this car. However, if every review I have seen(and I've seen most if not all of them) call it the key detractor, it's probably true.

Regarding the shifting, I want the transmission to perform at all levels and not just WOT. I would be driving this car more often off track and below 90% throttle. I'm also not looking for a 200k car that I need to get used to the transmission when pretty much every option at 200k won't have this handicap.
I was just describing how fast the shifts are for a single clutch twin plate system, compared to the most common reviews are to a DSG type shift. The ASM is nowhere near the DSG..I've driven DSG and it's awesome on the track, but after awhile it's just boring on the street cruising, hense why Ferarri forces a misfire on shifts to help the client feel more engaged to the car when the client complains..it's to seamless I was losing interest my self driving DSG..it's not everyones take on DSG type transmission..this is just my 2cents

With the V12VS 7-speed(not same trans as the V8VS 7-speed), has hypershift when in "sport" mode when you want it at 90%+ throttle, has a well improved "sport" mode for shifting aggressively around town and take off "sport" mode to be in "normal" mode to do a nice easy cruise.

The ASM in even the V8VS 7-speed is slower and jerky in shifts, in all modes than the V12VS ASM3...again this is all my take and all the video's Aston brain washes me with in features of the car...I love manual shifts and I would take a stick shift V8V over a ASM V8VS anyday, not that it's bad but I have more fun driving the stick shift V8V's..but when comparing the V12 manual stick to a V12VS ASM3..I don't at all miss the stick shift, driving around town, cruising, in Montreal city traffic and getting on it hard..I actually had more fun with the V12VS ASM3 car, felt more tuned in to whatever I was doing..am I getting old??..Nah don't think so, I'm half the age of most ppl in my shop

I can explain and defend all day to comparisons..in the end, your really going to need a test drive to feel it for yourself if this is a great car for you...but going into the test drive, try to blank the review thoughts for the drive..Will you buy? I dunno..but you will love the drive..Hehe ..remember it's a demo, nobody owns it yet, so give the car HELL!!

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Are you going to AM of Wash? They have a V12VS-Q there... it's absolutely amazing. The paint is awesome, but not the route I would go. The carbon is nuts.
I'm scheduled for Saturday to take the car for a spin

Old 04-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Nice! I'd swing by while you're there but I'll be in PA for Castaway Critters.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Nice! I'd swing by while you're there but I'll be in PA for Castaway Critters.
Sounds like it will be a great show and for a great cause! I typically don't do car shows due to the attention.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:59 PM
This one is pretty chill. I went last year and it was very laid back and there was no jackassery at all. The even raised over $14k for the animal shetler last year. And Kevin hosts "Breakfast in the Garage" beforehand, which is a good time, too.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:47 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
I learned everything I need to know about this car in the last 2 minutes audio of the presentation. Wicked, pure evil........

Old 04-24-2014, 06:56 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Me too!
Can't wait to test drive it...will be interesting to compare to our Scuds

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: XCAR Video -2015 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S: Pure Anger