Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My instrument display is dead

Old 05-31-2014, 04:23 AM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
I bought it from astonmartincarparts.com its a sister website of scuderia
Google scuderia auto parts
Sometimes they differ in price by few bucks

With shipping it was $653

Old 05-31-2014, 08:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Hey sorry I didn't see this earlier, it's my busy season right now so I don't have much time as in the off season to browse. For some reason service has picked about 300%, I'm swamped!!.. shoot me a pm and I get to them faster, might take me some time but I will respond to them all..

I'm glad it all worked out though for u bud!!

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 05-31-2014, 09:15 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
thanks for posting! This is an exc. resource!

http://www.astonmartincarparts.com/

Chris

Originally Posted by Wildcat1212
I bought it from astonmartincarparts.com its a sister website of scuderia
Google scuderia auto parts
Sometimes they differ in price by few bucks

With shipping it was $653

Last edited by telum01; 06-02-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
I got my CRM MODULE FROM UK
There are multiple sellers
Rob sims at HWS ASTON MARTIN
ASTONMARTIN CAR PARTS
ASTON MARTIN BITS

Old 07-06-2015, 01:31 PM
cogito is on a distinguished road
Hello guys, well my 08 vantage roadster seems to have suffered a similar fault, instrument panel first signals "gear indication" unavailable, then others then ...silence and even the fuel gauge is dead...no speed no revs...etc. Radio sticks in whatever mode it was in (on or off) and the top stops altogether. Happened twice now. Guess I need the CRM - I have an after market OBDII reader is there a code that I should see? And where is the CRM in the vantage (perhaps another V8V owner can say)
and thanks for the help!

Old 09-24-2018, 11:34 AM
Denver V8V is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad I found this thread, as yesterday I experienced this issue. Went on a wonderful fall day drive in the mountains and when starting my '09 V8V R after our third stop I found myself with the same symptoms as described above and with my dash looking just like the photo. Of course my top won't go down either.

Does anyone know how long a CRM lasts? I bought my car last year with 10K miles on it and now has 15, 500. Is the new replacement CRM of better quality and reliability?

Old 09-24-2018, 12:47 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
If the later versions didn't fair well, there would be many people on here expressing their opinions. You'll be fine on a replacement one from a fresh source. If you buy from a dealer there's a 1year warranty.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:55 AM
I'm thoroughly confused with how the electrics on this car work. One week ago I had all the symptoms mentioned at the beginning of this thread with the phot an exact match of my instrument panel and my top would not function. That day I started the car various times and within a minute or so the instrument panel would die and the top wouldn't open.

Today I'm getting ready to order the CRM and went down this morning just to confirm the issues and lo and behold the top opens and closes and the dash and instruments work fine. Can anyone really explain this? In the old days of my Jags and Triumphs I could blame Lucas Electrics, now what?

Old 10-02-2018, 11:06 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Wait for it...it will happen soon enough. Order the part.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:37 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Can anybody explain Lucas on my Healeys 30 years ago? One day it starts, the next it doesn't, and if it rained you usually didn't try

Old 10-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Can anybody explain Lucas on my Healeys 30 years ago? One day it starts, the next it doesn't, and if it rained you usually didn't try
It's why the Brits drink their beer warm

Old 10-03-2018, 09:04 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
ELECTRICAL THEORY BY JOSEPH LUCAS - The Demon of Darkness

It's all explained here...

http://ntnoa.org/LucasSmoke.htm

Old 10-03-2018, 11:25 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DonL

• The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
• Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
• Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
• Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
• The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF.
• The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.
• If Lucas made guns, wars would not start
• Back in the '70s, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by DonL

OMG so funny, but somehow true

Old 10-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
In high school a lot of my friends were into Brit cars. MGs, Triumphs and so on. I had a Triumph GT6. The electrical system had 4 fuses. That was it. My Lotus Europa TCS had maybe 1 or 2 more. We referred to Lucas as the Prince of Darkness.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My instrument display is dead