Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What do you use on the leather dash board??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 04:05 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lovingit

sheriffDep

Just wondering if you have tried the Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner to see how it compares to the AMMO leather cleaner and moisturizer?

I have tried several different ones including the absolute best.... Leatherique 2 part process. But thats a huge pain and I deal with like new leather mostly. The AMMO Lather is the best cleaner that can be used on leather that I have found. I use it on the dash, metal parts, leather, cloth, suede, etc...... So its a plain cleaner not for specifically leather. if your leather is new, then just use the Mousse. 3 friends with Astons have gotten it and absolutely said they love it. Brought back the AM leather smell for 2 of them. $30 well worth it and I use a mf pad to apply and keep the pad in a zip lock back so it doesn't dry out. Use it next time and its already primed.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:19 PM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I have tried several different ones including the absolute best.... Leatherique 2 part process. But thats a huge pain and I deal with like new leather mostly. The AMMO Lather is the best cleaner that can be used on leather that I have found. I use it on the dash, metal parts, leather, cloth, suede, etc...... So its a plain cleaner not for specifically leather. if your leather is new, then just use the Mousse. 3 friends with Astons have gotten it and absolutely said they love it. Brought back the AM leather smell for 2 of them. $30 well worth it and I use a mf pad to apply and keep the pad in a zip lock back so it doesn't dry out. Use it next time and its already primed.

So use this to first clean the leather OR any part of the interior like the doors and dash?

https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-la...rior-cleanser/

Then use this to moisturize the leather?

https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-mo...r-conditioner/

What’s your favorite wax? Something simple that I just need to apply once a year not the 2-3 step process of polish and shine and wax. Just wax is fine.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:38 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lovingit

So use this to first clean the leather OR any part of the interior like the doors and dash?

https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-la...rior-cleanser/

Then use this to moisturize the leather?

https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-mo...r-conditioner/

What’s your favorite wax? Something simple that I just need to apply once a year not the 2-3 step process of polish and shine and wax. Just wax is fine.

Sealants (wax) are synthetic but only last about 5 months on your paint. You will need to reapply after that time. Let it go longer, then your paint is not protected. If you use a Carnauba wax, they only last about 4 weeks. Plus a good Carnauba is $50-100 or more.

Blackfire Paint Sealant; AMMO Skin; Pinnacle Liquid Sourveran Car Wax (has carnauba in it but lasts 5 months in FL summer heat). There are a ton more really good sealant but I only use the AMMO Skin. I wouldn't hesitate to use these others though. I just dont use this type of product unless its AMMO for the Paint Regimen (Reflex, Skin, Creme)

Old 11-18-2018, 01:51 AM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Old 11-23-2018, 06:09 PM
QuantumV8 will become famous soon enough
My 2010 Vantage lived in Perth Australia for its first 7 years, it gets very hot there. It had some shrinkage of the leather on the dash panels and the glue had loosened. I removed the panels and stuck the leather back down (i learned a bit during this process so if you have a similar issue reach out to me), and i wanted to do any appropriate leather conditioning at the same time. I couldn't get a clear answer on what conditioning to do from the forums, so i asked James Muirhead from Bridge of Weir. This is what he had to say:

Good afternoon Andrew,
Thank you for your email, firstly I would like to congratulate you in owning such a beautiful car.

I can confirm that our leather doesn’t require any further coatings or treatment, the leather is originally manufactured to a very robust, stringent automotive specification. I would only recommend light cleaning with a damp (not wet) cloth, with a very small amount of human skin friendly detergent. Depending on how you look after it, your leather should be good for another 40 years.

I would advise that you should just monitor your fix at this stage, if you have any more queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
So, damp cloth for me.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:20 PM
dcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud of