Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Carbon Ceramic brake pad options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 07:04 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Carbon Ceramic brake pad options

Is the dealer the only place to get Carbon Ceramic brake pads? I have a 2009 DBS.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:09 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Pass are not carbon ceramic, only rotors are CCM.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Your right, I should have phrased my question differently. With that said, I need pad options for my Carbon Ceramic brakes.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:40 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Contact Stuart@VelocityAP...he says he can get OEM pads for less than retail. These are the numbers he gave me on the pads.

8D33-2C562-BA
BRAKE PAD KIT REAR (AXLE SET) 876

8D33-2D007-BA
BRAKE PAD KIT FRONT (AXLE SET) 1202

Old 04-28-2014, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by rscultho
Contact Stuart@VelocityAP...he says he can get OEM pads for less than retail. These are the numbers he gave me on the pads.

8D33-2C562-BA
BRAKE PAD KIT REAR (AXLE SET) 876

8D33-2D007-BA
BRAKE PAD KIT FRONT (AXLE SET) 1202
Thanks I will keep this in mind. Is there no aftermarket company that makes a different pad. I'm looking for different options as far as performance and usage is concerned.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:16 AM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
What is the average life on the brake pads for the carbon ceramic brakes? My dealer tech said they system should be at least 100,000-miles before needing replacement, but may have been only talking about the rotors and not pads.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:51 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DoubleLow7
What is the average life on the brake pads for the carbon ceramic brakes? My dealer tech said they system should be at least 100,000-miles before needing replacement, but may have been only talking about the rotors and not pads.
Not the pads, that's the rotors for 100K miles. Pads? Who knows.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by anton28
Thanks I will keep this in mind. Is there no aftermarket company that makes a different pad. I'm looking for different options as far as performance and usage is concerned.
Check what the Corvette guys are using/doing (ZR1 or option on Z06), since the brakes are the same AFAIK.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Been checking around but cannot find out what material they are made of...

Old 04-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Check what the Corvette guys are using/doing (ZR1 or option on Z06), since the brakes are the same AFAIK.
Would you have a link...? TIA

Old 04-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Search the ZR1 or Z06 subsections of the C6 section on corvetteforum.com
If there's anything about pads, it'll be in those very active forums.

Last edited by XJRS Owner; 04-28-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:50 AM
Searched those forums and did not find much about CC brake systems. I did find a couple people that were looking for CC kits. I did find this pad manufacturer and they list pads for the DBS and other AM's.

There' quite a few to choose from, so some more research is needed to understand what each pad application offers. Here's a link to the DBS choices - they look very affordable:

http://www.ampdautosport.com/servlet...-V8/Categories

Old 04-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Searched those forums and did not find much about CC brake systems. I did find a couple people that were looking for CC kits. I did find this pad manufacturer and they list pads for the DBS and other AM's.

There' quite a few to choose from, so some more research is needed to understand what each pad application offers. Here's a link to the DBS choices - they look very affordable:

http://www.ampdautosport.com/servlet...-V8/Categories
Those are for the original DBS, not your car.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Those are for the original DBS, not your car.
Yes, at first I thought the years were what was being excluded...but those are the years of application.

I called them and they are checking to see if they have the backing plate template and can make the pads.

Will edit the post when they call back with the info...

Old 04-29-2014, 08:04 PM
Yes, at first I thought the years were what was being excluded...but those are the years of application.

I called them and they are checking to see if they have the backing plate template and can make the pads.

Will edit the post when they call back with the info...
I wonder if they can produce a thicker brake shim as that's the reason the Carbon brakes squick. There is to much clearance between the current shim, pad and caliper. This is done because the brakes are meant for track use where heat expends the brake parts and works properly, but for the street the brakes do not get hot enough and there is pad movement within the caliper, hence the squicking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Ceramic brake pad options