Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

iPhone 6 -- there's got to be a better way...

Old 09-19-2014, 10:05 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
iPhone 6 -- there's got to be a better way...

So, like thousands of other lemmings, I got my iPhone 6 today. I actually skipped the iPhone 5 (I upgraded from an iPhone 4S) so this is the first time I had to deal with the new lightning adapter.

I have a 2008 V8V and up until now I've had to make do with the Scosche IFWA adapter. But now with both the Scosche adapter and the Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter it is getting out of hand. Is there a better way?

Old 09-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Banned
jyu12 is on a distinguished road
I would suggest an air play adapter

http://www.viseeostore.com/products/...r-wma1000.html

Old 09-19-2014, 10:49 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jyu12
I would suggest an air play adapter

http://www.viseeostore.com/products/...r-wma1000.html

That's fine for playing music but it won't charge my phone. Do you use the air play adapter and a cigarette lighter charger?

Old 09-20-2014, 03:06 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I have iPod connectivity in my '07 V8V. It uses a couple of components to integrate into the existing system but all you see is the iPod charge cable itself, which is made by iSimple. Very good quality and supports both charging and audio. I use it for an iPod, though (don't have an iPhone). Might be worth looking at their products.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:18 AM
Teekster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by programmatore
That's fine for playing music but it won't charge my phone. Do you use the air play adapter and a cigarette lighter charger?
That's how I do it. You don't always need to charge.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:40 AM
dmose is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by telum01
I have iPod connectivity in my '07 V8V. It uses a couple of components to integrate into the existing system but all you see is the iPod charge cable itself, which is made by iSimple. Very good quality and supports both charging and audio. I use it for an iPod, though (don't have an iPhone). Might be worth looking at their products.
can you elaborate more on your setup? I have a 07V8V looking to get iphone or ipod connectivity..

-d

Old 09-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I have the same set up, except I do have an I phone that I also use as my I Pod. My wire is in my ash tray. I just leave the lid open a bit for the wire to come out. Then I lay my phone horizontally behind the ashtray on top of the parking sensor and rear defroster buttons on the Consol. I have a 4 S. I had mine installed by GALPIN Auto Sports (GAS). In North Hills Ca. They are part of GALPIN Aston Martin. It is a fiber-optic system that works in conjunction with the stock AstonMartin stereo. There is a small switch inside my ashtray that I must activate for the iPod to play through the stereo. You do not see any of the iPod controls on the head unit you must control your music from your iPhone or iPod.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 09-20-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Coxy-jr is on a distinguished road
Aston have just released a kit that will allow bluetooth audio streaming on all cars including early DB9 and Vantage. The car does have to have the factory bluetooth option.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:04 AM
dmose is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Coxy-jr
Aston have just released a kit that will allow bluetooth audio streaming on all cars including early DB9 and Vantage. The car does have to have the factory bluetooth option.
Do you have a link to this part?

Old 09-22-2014, 07:42 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Mine is similar to Ron's but fully aftermarket. It uses an iSimple cable (includes converting between components and digital signal) and a JL Audio link thing. Can't remember the names for everything off the top of my head. I also have a switch that I have to activate (overrides the FM signal, which is completely off while the iPod is active). My switch is under the dash, and my iPod cable comes out of the glove box next to the transmission tunnel.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
You can upgrade the ipod connection kit from Aston..does cost $$$, but it's a solution to having the phone charge and with OEM parts..

Also, not sure if you guys know but Aston just came out with a upgrade kit to the Bluetooth equipped cars, you can now stream Bluetooth...just came out this past August

Then you can try a Audi AMI cable for Lightning connector (it's an idea, I've never tried this, I'm sure someone on here has a friend with an Audi that has a Lightning cable to try)..here's what it looks like:

http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/audi...ightning-cable

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Last edited by Irish07@VelocityAP; 09-22-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:13 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
 Introduction of Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP), allowing music to be played wirelessly through the car audio system
 Compatibility with the latest smartphones, including Apple, Android, Windows and Blackberry
 Larger phonebook access – 2500 contacts, up from 750 previously
 Fast scroll –the tone rotary controller can be used to quickly scroll though phonebook contacts by first letter or through tracks during audio streaming
 Two call handling, giving the opportunity to switch to a new incoming call during an existing one
 Full call list synchronisation, making the most recent missed calls, received calls and recently dialled numbers available on the display screen
 Phonebook synchronisation, ensuring a complete update of stored contacts each time the phone connects via Bluetooth
 Updated phonebook symbols to distinguish between home, work and mobile numbers saved against a contact.
 Microphone gain – sensitivity is now adjustable to allow for different phones and driving scenarios
 Enhanced privacy – drivers now have the ability to choose whether or not to synchronise or download their mobile contacts on to the system
 Ringtone – volume level is now adjustable
 Access to voice recognition software, such as Siri
 Additional language support
Bluetooth Update for DB9 V8 Vantage 2008 MY on $900
Pre 2007MY $1800. Is what I was quoted from the dealer

Old 09-22-2014, 01:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by J doubleU
 Introduction of Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP), allowing music to be played wirelessly through the car audio system
 Compatibility with the latest smartphones, including Apple, Android, Windows and Blackberry
 Larger phonebook access – 2500 contacts, up from 750 previously
 Fast scroll –the tone rotary controller can be used to quickly scroll though phonebook contacts by first letter or through tracks during audio streaming
 Two call handling, giving the opportunity to switch to a new incoming call during an existing one
 Full call list synchronisation, making the most recent missed calls, received calls and recently dialled numbers available on the display screen
 Phonebook synchronisation, ensuring a complete update of stored contacts each time the phone connects via Bluetooth
 Updated phonebook symbols to distinguish between home, work and mobile numbers saved against a contact.
 Microphone gain – sensitivity is now adjustable to allow for different phones and driving scenarios
 Enhanced privacy – drivers now have the ability to choose whether or not to synchronise or download their mobile contacts on to the system
 Ringtone – volume level is now adjustable
 Access to voice recognition software, such as Siri
 Additional language support
Bluetooth Update for DB9 V8 Vantage 2008 MY on $900
Pre 2007MY $1800. Is what I was quoted from the dealer
I've never done a pre2008...only fitted the BT upgrade kit to a 2009+ which already has the updated ipod connection. I would be guessing that the extra $$$ in the 2 models is to update the older pre2008 vehicles to the new ipod kit from Aston to allow charging

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 09-22-2014, 01:28 PM
I think part of it is that pre-08 isn't a simple plug-and-play. It's very labor intensive. My kit was $1300 installed, half parts and half labor.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
I think part of it is that pre-08 isn't a simple plug-and-play. It's very labor intensive. My kit was $1300 installed, half parts and half labor.
Yours is after market though right? From what you described it's a FM modulator styled kit..this new BT kit from Aston actually lets you select bluetooth through the screen, also improves connection to bluetooth pairing and better support for Android, even when plugged in by USB to play music

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iPhone 6 -- there's got to be a better way...