Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Have any of you tried Accelera tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 02:25 AM
maor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Whag460203
Where did I state or imply that I cannot afford branded rubber?

And does the website text add unnecessary weight to the car?
It looks hugely unprofessional to stick a website on tyres.

This has nothing to do with you, you're making this very personal for no apparent reason.

You said : " i still want to know what a legitimate Aston owner is?"

My reply : Someone who can afford to stick branded rubber on his car

Old 04-02-2015, 05:24 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Whag460203

Lastly, just because I choose to put tires on my car that aren't a name brand, does not make me any less of a car enthusiast or unknowledgeable. The risk was extremely low (and easily reversible, might I add), I took it, and they are performing exactly the same as the last set.
well i could not have said it better!!!

I got so fired up by some comments on this thread i went to the hanger told the local aircraft mackie I demand a ladder, I was surprised to find on my rotiorhead was not inscribed Eurocpter, wonder if Im flying on cheap imported (but certified Rotorblades ..eish) so far so good I must say. but like the guys who track there cars, and in the turn wonder about the branding on the rubbber i will be thinking about them blades when I pull a quick stop or 4G turn

Old 04-02-2015, 05:46 AM
maor is on a distinguished road
So op did you replace your leaking struts ?

Honestly if you like the Accelera tyres then that's great. It didn't stop me buying my XJ as they had them in the front with 7mm. Just watch out as I was about to get my alignment done as the steering was way off to the right, I switched to dunlops as I didn't like the wet braking and my steering wheel is now perfectly straight and has been for a while.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:13 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maor
It looks hugely unprofessional to stick a website on tyres.
Maybe so, but even Continental is now doing that. I just bought a set of 5Ps, and they've got their website embossed into the sidewall.