Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Need your opinions..about to pull trigger on new wheels! What to do with old wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 05:33 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I have a set of the V spoke wheels I could part with.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:10 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Wow the looks GREAT!

Old 04-13-2015, 07:32 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
As others have said stick with the 18s
Going to the OEM 19 will increase the unsprung weight and change the handling for the worse IME

Old 04-14-2015, 05:27 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Brixtonforged can you tell me what these rims are tinted with? I got mine double dark and they look much darker then what you guys are running. Yours must be a very light coat?

Old 04-15-2015, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by brixtonforged
What wheels did you buy?

We have two levels of clearcoat tint, both are Powdercoats. The one you're seeing is our Single Dark Tint but if you're interested in seeing our Double Dark Tint [CLICK HERE] and [HERE]. Thats our early model M51 MONACO, with Brushed DDT hoops and centers - with matte clear center and gloss clear outer. Hope that helps!
I got a set of PUR 21s with top of the spokes brushed and rest of the wheel in dark grey and then the whole wheel got the DDT treatment. This came out much darker then expected and I'm having the company redo the wheels for me. Looking at your set up I eiher want to go all brushed with single tint finish or brushed top of spokes and light grey rest of the wheel with a single tint clear. The below pic is my car now and the pic below that is a photoshop that a member here just did for me.

Attached Images  

Last edited by anton28; 04-15-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Sorry here is the photoshopped version

Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Ahh nice! Yup, if you Single Tint - Clear the wheel, it should turn out close to what you're showing there.
Thanks for the input!

Old 04-17-2015, 03:42 PM
No problem, happy I could help!
One more question If i had to guess i would have said your current set up doesn't have any tint clear on it. Is that because its a very faint shade of tint? So when doing a single dark tint clear it really looks like basic clear coat? Doesn't look like it would be that much darker then going over the brushed finish with plain clear instead of single tint clear.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:27 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I have a set of modular wheels with the brushed finish and clear coat on my Cayenne Turbo and these wheels are darker than just a clear finish.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:45 PM
eelton is on a distinguished road
selling old wheels

Along the lines of the title of this topic, I got new wheels this week--nothing high-end, but I'm happy with them (see photos).

I'm trying to figure out how to sell my old wheels, which are the 2007 OEM 19 inchers. I'm going to put them on eBay, but would it be better to sell them as a set, or individually? I'm going to list them with the TPMS sensors and center caps. My goal is more to get them out of my basement than to get every dollar out of them, so I'm going to price them on the low side.

The question is, which way will they sell more readily? My thinking is that there may not be many people looking for a whole set of these wheels, so maybe a la carte is better, for people who may have damaged a wheel.

Last edited by eelton; 04-18-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:49 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
a set will probably be easier sell.

the front and rear are different sizes, once you dont have a set of 4 your target market gets a lot smaller

Old 04-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by mkzhang
a set will probably be easier sell.

the front and rear are different sizes, once you dont have a set of 4 your target market gets a lot smaller
I'll probably list them as a set to start, and see what happens. Then I'll only need one buyer--hopefully it won't drag on too long.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:10 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by eelton
I'll probably list them as a set to start, and see what happens. Then I'll only need one buyer--hopefully it won't drag on too long.
Too bad you aren't local

Old 04-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by rohnin
Too bad you aren't local
Happy to ship them--make me an offer. They're well packed, in the boxes my new wheels came in.

I should point out that three of them have small scrapes along the outer rim. The center caps are new, bought about a year ago. One TPMS has a broken housing (making it possible to see how replacing the battery would be doable), but they all worked when taken off the car.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:13 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by eelton
Happy to ship them--make me an offer. They're well packed, in the boxes my new wheels came in.

I should point out that three of them have small scrapes along the outer rim. The center caps are new, bought about a year ago. One TPMS has a broken housing (making it possible to see how replacing the battery would be doable), but they all worked when taken off the car.

Appreciate it but I'm looking for no scrapes and there is a local seller only his don't have TPMS. Good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need your opinions..about to pull trigger on new wheels! What to do with old wheel?