6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Ugh! What a day! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/363217-ugh-what-day.html)

EspritNOOB 04-26-2015 10:44 PM

For what it's worth your car is beautiful. Sorry for the drama but man it is just sexy!

mikey k 04-27-2015 01:50 AM

The lawyer is an arse
The tow guys actually could have been a LOT worse
I'm glad this muppetry is illegal in the UK

oo7 04-27-2015 05:03 AM

Thanks for posting. Wreckers did not used to tow "exotics". Times they are a changing. Kudos for staying calm, and it certainly does look good even behind a wrecker.

telum01 04-27-2015 07:42 AM

Glad everything turned out alright! My day was nearly as eventful... I accidentally drove straight up to the Baltimore protests on the way back from the charity car show events I did on Saturday. Some of the protesters started beating on the truck in front of me an I barely got out of there before they turned their attention on me.

karlfranz 04-27-2015 07:57 AM

Yikes!

EspritNOOB 04-27-2015 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by telum01 (Post 4330674)
Glad everything turned out alright! My day was nearly as eventful... I accidentally drove straight up to the Baltimore protests on the way back from the charity car show events I did on Saturday. Some of the protesters started beating on the truck in front of me an I barely got out of there before they turned their attention on me.

What the?

RolexDaytona1 04-27-2015 10:12 AM

WOW that was oddly enough 'lucky' you managed to 'escape' with the car unscathed. I am always paranoid about parking spaces that look too good and thinking well would they really tow? Yes they will just out of spite it appears. And maybe not as nicely. Glad the car is safe!! Also reminds us how crazy easy it is to skate off with your car... regardless of wheels turned, ebrake whatever... Probably took him less than 5min to hook up! :eek:

IbisRider 04-27-2015 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by mikey k (Post 4330620)
I'm glad this muppetry is illegal in the UK

Towing is illegal? Please explain.

mikey k 04-28-2015 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by IbisRider (Post 4331111)
Towing is illegal? Please explain.

In the UK private land owners cannot just tow a car on their land
They must have notices up warning of fines and/or towing
Those that do tend to clamp them until a fine is paid
Too many rogue operates jumped on this and now it is highly regulated

IbisRider 04-28-2015 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by mikey k (Post 4331492)
In the UK private land owners cannot just tow a car on their land
They must have notices up warning of fines and/or towing
Those that do tend to clamp them until a fine is paid
Too many rogue operates jumped on this and now it is highly regulated

FWIW: I think this is true in the States as well. Karl can verify, but I suspect the lot he was towed from had a sign warning of towing. Seems though that a sort of squatter's rights (public path too) concept should kick in here. If people have been using that lot for X period of time on weekends when parking there in no way infringes on the business of the landholder, then suddenly enforcing the right to tow seems like a violation. Given the free time, i'd love to take that landlord to court. If you haven't been enforcing your private property boundary, you can't suddenly enforce it with no reasonable warning.

Adrian928 05-05-2016 07:43 AM

dicktahoe...Don't feel bad. I was visiting with a friend several years ago who was in a "transitional" period and living in a trailer park. I stopped by to lend support & several six's of Lone Star. When I started the 928 up I instantly knew something was afoot. It seems someone ultimately disappointed with THEIR life has filled the crankcase, radiator & fuel cell with rice. $3,000 + tow later, all was sorted-out.

Old phart 05-05-2016 11:05 AM

+1 on the Karma.

As I've been on the receiving side of quite a few 'adults' acting out I've learned that venting on a employee that's just doing his job gets you nowhere and pisses them off.

Currently have some guys pulling wires and programming a new audio/video distribution system in a building. They're a week behind but it's because parts were backordered. I'm the go between with my Pissed boss and the poor guys at the site.

Wildcat1212 05-05-2016 11:19 AM

Karl

If you get back at that whistle blower, its still Karma.
His Bad Karma coming back to bite his in his a** lol.
Sorry you have to go through it , what happened to that pile of CASH you had in your car trunk??:p