Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

FYI: I found some really inexpensive ($140) carbon fiber mirrors and they look great!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 07:20 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
The difference is the shape. The Vantage S and newer Vantages have more rounded side mirrors than the earlier V8V. These fit the earlier Vantages, not the newer ones or V8VS.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:40 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the quick response.

Not what I wanted to hear, but better forewarned right

Old 02-26-2016, 09:52 PM
Cloneman315 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Batman-76
Thanks for the quick response.

Not what I wanted to hear, but better forewarned right
Does anyone have another reasoable source? I really want a set of these for my 2009 vantage ASAP

Old 02-26-2016, 10:23 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
RSC and VelocityAP are great go-to resources. It just so happened that the early V8V's mirrors corresponded to Volvo parts. I'd suggest checking with RSC an VelcoityAP and comparing to dealerships.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Would these fit 2009 DB9? Whenever they come back in stock

Old 05-07-2016, 01:37 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Just got delivery of a set for my early DB9 [not the 6G type for the Vantage but the type 37 = for DB9 up to 2010, Vanquish 2001 - 2007 and DB7 Vantage 2002 - 2003] and they look fantastic imho!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0815.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	968.2 KB
ID:	447921  

Last edited by sdekoning; 05-07-2016 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:44 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but does anyone have any clue how to get a replacement left front mirror cap/scalp in Jet black (or carbon fiber for two that isn't $500+) for a 2010.5 or newer? Mine has the more rounded mirrors so anything that is pre-2010 won't work, and one or possibly two of the clips is busted inside so sort of loose... here is a picture of the inside of mine... i'll use a Volvo part or Ford or whatever its just a stupid cap after all

Last edited by sonies; 03-07-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:27 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Will these Cf mirrors fit a 2010?

Old 03-07-2018, 01:05 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by midwestamv8
I had been considering getting CF mirrors for my 07 V8V for a while, but I couldn't really find a part I thought I'd be happy with. As far as I know, many of the cheaper ones (i.e., this part http://www.vivaperformance.com/carbon-fiber-mirror-caps-s60-v70-s80/) are literally just "caps" that either fit over the existing mirror or don't have the fittings inside the mirror to replace the OE mirror without affixing it with tape or adhesive. I think the RSC and VCollection pieces are wrapped OE shells, but at nearly $800 for a pair it was a bit steep to see if I liked it.

Somehow I stumbled upon this site: http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=8549

When I bought the pair it was only £69.99 (now shows £79.99), but even after shipping I was able to get the pair of covers for less than $140! Know what's great about them? They're wrapped OE shells so they should be a complete replacement. I'm also completely shocked at the quality of the weave and clear coat considering this was only $140 for the pair. I absolutely can't tell it apart from the other OE carbon parts I have on the car already.

So, I just wanted to share that if you're in the market for some CF mirror covers (for a pre-2010 car) check out the link to partsforvolvos. I couldn't *NOT* buy this for $140..... so I took a gamble and I'm really glad I did!

Here are some pictures of them. I haven't had a chance to try and mount them, so I will update this thread when I can verify the fitment.

Here are the pics!

http://imgur.com/a/qHvyJ

EDIT: The PFS site has removed the product since it is now sold out. Apparently they didn't have many in stock at all, and a user at PH bought the last set they had. It's a shame that you can't even see the page, so here's a google cached version of the page just so you can see what the order page looked like: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Cbte_IB8FkAJ:www.partsforvolvosonli ne.com/product_info.php%3Fproducts_id%3D8549+&cd=1&hl=en& ct=clnk&gl=us
so what model of Volvo do the mirror covers for vantage fit?

Old 03-07-2018, 01:10 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lilseevs
Will these Cf mirrors fit a 2010?
if it has the longer narrower mirrors, yes... the 2010.5 (which I have) has the fatter vantage S style mirrors (which I can't find CF ones for that aren't either chinese garbage or $1500 for a set)

to the guy below your post, just google Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps, Volvo S60/V70/S80 (anything pre-2010) and you'll find them, they will fit all of the years before 2010 which have the more slender mirrors

Old 03-07-2018, 02:30 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
just bought a set of these over the winter months and I will be putting them on the car as soon as it comes out of storage

Old 03-08-2018, 08:45 AM
divetheworld is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sonies
if it has the longer narrower mirrors, yes... the 2010.5 (which I have) has the fatter vantage S style mirrors (which I can't find CF ones for that aren't either chinese garbage or $1500 for a set)
You're not looking in the right places then

sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but does anyone have any clue how to get a replacement left front mirror cap/scalp in Jet black (or carbon fiber for two that isn't $500+) for a 2010.5 or newer? Mine has the more rounded mirrors so anything that is pre-2010 won't work, and one or possibly two of the clips is busted inside so sort of loose... here is a picture of the inside of mine... i'll use a Volvo part or Ford or whatever its just a stupid cap after all
If the only reason you want new caps is that the clips are broken, then you might not really need to.
You can use adhesive or a hot melt gun to fit them back. The clips are fragile and is a part that often breaks on these, both ABS and carbon. The dealers usually use adhesive tape or adhesive to sort them out and I've done similar.
Hot melt is a reversible technique which allows you to get them off again.
A lot cheaper than new caps from AML or carbon ones.

Even if you found a nice source that are cheaper than AML and not garbage...!

Old 03-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by divetheworld
You're not looking in the right places then

Even if you found a nice source that are cheaper than AML and not garbage...!
cmon man, spill the beans!

Old 03-08-2018, 09:23 AM
divetheworld is on a distinguished road
cmon man, spill the beans!
The problem with the "garbage" that was alluded to earlier are things like the weave.
Those 'garbage' ones have all the weave going the same way where you really want them to be symmetrical mirror images.
There are other 'issues' we know of like the DB9 side strakes, order a pair and you get two lefts because they never made a right mold. Stuff like that.

It would be funny if it wasn't so true!

Old 03-08-2018, 10:18 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by divetheworld
The problem with the "garbage" that was alluded to earlier are things like the weave.
Those 'garbage' ones have all the weave going the same way where you really want them to be symmetrical mirror images.
There are other 'issues' we know of like the DB9 side strakes, order a pair and you get two lefts because they never made a right mold. Stuff like that.

It would be funny if it wasn't so true!
so $1200 for mirror image mirrors or $200 for those above... Wait, maybe I can spend the extra $1000 somewhere else... like a rear diffuser or front lip spoiler, all without mirror image for like 1/5 of the price and good quality. I personally was able to purchase rear diffuser, front lip spoiler and mirror caps for what you will pay for the mirror caps with mirror images.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FYI: I found some really inexpensive ($140) carbon fiber mirrors and they look great!