British Automotive -V8 vantage Bamford rose Exhaust upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 11:25 PM
Banned
GregBritishAutoAZ is on a distinguished road
British Automotive -V8 vantage Bamford rose Exhaust upgrade

To my fellow Aston Martin enthusiasts,
I am the servicing technician at British Automotive Repair in Scottsdale Arizona. I recently had the privilege of fitting the latest Bamford Rose Exhaust upgrade to a V8 vantage. I wanted to correct the record on a few things I have read about the exhaust. Specifically, if it is OBD2 and state emissions compliant. The answer is YES! After the installation is completed I run the vehicle on a very extensive road test and verify that all monitors are complete. I then run it to my local state inspection station to verify that it has met the state inspection standards. Now, for the fun stuff it SOUNDS and PERFORMS like you expect from Bamford Rose. Included in the upgrade are changes to allow you to Tune the sound of the exhaust on demand. You can run silently in your neighborhood and growl like a proper race car on the highway. Also, please take time to look at the craftsmanship of this exhaust upgrade. The welds are a work of art! The brushed look is worked by hand. The fit and finish is as if it were fitted by the factory. I hope this write up answers any questions you may have had. Please contact me if there are any I did not address. Thank you for your time, Kenley McWhorter P.S. video to be added shortly!

Laid out on my work station floor.

Fitted to The engine.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:29 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
There is no CARB EO# so it is NOT compliant in the state of California for emissions testing. It is illegal to fit any catalyst that is not OEM or CARB compliant in the state of California.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:20 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Solution: leave California

Old 05-21-2015, 05:44 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
And whatever you do, don't move to Texas. If you believe the crazies, it's going to get invaded soon!

Old 07-02-2015, 11:08 AM
FranDan is on a distinguished road
Hi all, just joined the forum (first forum ever in fact, so I'm probably posting incorrectly). I'm the lucky recipient of the BR Exhaust recently installed by Ken and Greg. The team at British Automotive is fantastic. Incredibly friendly, responsive and clearly dedicated to their craft.

The BR exhaust system is incredible. The improvement in performance was immediately noticeable. I can't tell you how much I enjoy the 3 different "modes" that I can adjust at the flick of a hidden switch (silent, stock and LOUD). Except when my wife is in the car, i have been unable to switch from LOUD mode - it simply sounds too good to turn off. For anyone considering this option, I highly recommend it. Now I'm looking forward to phase 2 (clutch) and phase 3 (5.0L engine conversion).

Onward!

Old 07-02-2015, 11:28 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FranDan
Hi all, just joined the forum (first forum ever in fact, so I'm probably posting incorrectly). I'm the lucky recipient of the BR Exhaust recently installed by Ken and Greg. The team at British Automotive is fantastic. Incredibly friendly, responsive and clearly dedicated to their craft.

The BR exhaust system is incredible. The improvement in performance was immediately noticeable. I can't tell you how much I enjoy the 3 different "modes" that I can adjust at the flick of a hidden switch (silent, stock and LOUD). Except when my wife is in the car, i have been unable to switch from LOUD mode - it simply sounds too good to turn off. For anyone considering this option, I highly recommend it. Now I'm looking forward to phase 2 (clutch) and phase 3 (5.0L engine conversion).

Onward!
Welcome to the forum! Exhaust is definitely where it's at with these cars Keep us posted on your progress!

Old 07-14-2015, 12:39 PM
MichaelMerrithew is on a distinguished road
Bamford Rose is awesome

I am one happy guy! Because a drive to Arizona was not on my way to work in Toronto (haha), Mike from Bamford Rose agreed to have Adrian, one of their top technicians, fly to Toronto after having shipped all the parts for the kit - manifold back AND a lighter weight flywheel together with a local shop (Sports Car Boutique -- thanks Ilker) and have it installed on my 2011 Vantage S. I liked the Vantage before but since the BR installation, which was TOP NOTCH work, I love my Vantage S and the clutch is hugely improved and the exhaust is fantastic. My neighbours really appreciate the "silencer switch" when I come down our street in stealth mode, but when "in the clear," I enjoy the most glorious BR exhaust note. Thanks BR and SportsCar Boutique for a great result.