Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage Twin Plate Organic Clutch & Flywheel OEM Replacement Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 10:00 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by invalidname
You mentioned you have 50 of the new version 2 clutch in a few months ago but I have not seen it on your website yet
It's been up there for a while, we do have stock in warehouse now. Little bit of a back order from AM on the slaves cylinders right now but I expect that to be resolved fairly soon. If you want to order one, send me an email. Our site only processes in USD but I can bill you in CAD and run a card manually.

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-V8-V...plateorgv2.htm

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 09-24-2018, 11:47 AM
howzz1854 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
It's been up there for a while, we do have stock in warehouse now. Little bit of a back order from AM on the slaves cylinders right now but I expect that to be resolved fairly soon. If you want to order one, send me an email. Our site only processes in USD but I can bill you in CAD and run a card manually.

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-V8-V...plateorgv2.htm
do you have a link for the ASM for 09 as well? I really want to stock up on a unit. and any free shipping for the new product introduction: :P

Old 09-24-2018, 01:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by howzz1854
do you have a link for the ASM for 09 as well? I really want to stock up on a unit. and any free shipping for the new product introduction: :P
ASM & Manual are exactly the same kit. Just noticed it says 'Manual' on the site, we'll update that.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 09-24-2018, 01:25 PM
ASM & Manual are exactly the same kit. Just noticed it says 'Manual' on the site, we'll update that.

interesting. thanks Stuart.

can you tell us what you guys did differently this time around that you're able to make it one unit fit all (Manual + ASM).

I'll place an order tonight.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
interesting. thanks Stuart.

can you tell us what you guys did differently this time around that you're able to make it one unit fit all (Manual + ASM).

I'll place an order tonight.
There's nothing different, we just had 2 listings on the website. Everything is exactly the same. The only significant difference is 1 piece versus 2 piece flywheel. Since both weigh the same, the operation & performance are exactly the same, just a lower cost for the consumer.

Shoot me an email so we can set you up in Canadian dollars.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 09-24-2018, 02:29 PM
There's nothing different, we just had 2 listings on the website. Everything is exactly the same. The only significant difference is 1 piece versus 2 piece flywheel. Since both weigh the same, the operation & performance are exactly the same, just a lower cost for the consumer.

I don't see your email in your signature. I am actually in the States, LA to be specific. can I just order online through the link you put up above?

Old 09-24-2018, 03:24 PM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the estimated time required to install this on a manual? Just drop the rear tranny and swap or is it a workload...

Also, if you could swing by my Centenary thread again, was wondering what happened to the Supersport exhaust units that were just two pipes that replace the muffler vs the photo that comes up right now when you look at the Supersport muffler on the site. Also, why it isn't for MY14 and up? Sorry to hijack the thread a bit...

Old 09-24-2018, 03:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by bolteon
What's the estimated time required to install this on a manual? Just drop the rear tranny and swap or is it a workload...

Also, if you could swing by my Centenary thread again, was wondering what happened to the Supersport exhaust units that were just two pipes that replace the muffler vs the photo that comes up right now when you look at the Supersport muffler on the site. Also, why it isn't for MY14 and up? Sorry to hijack the thread a bit...
Depends who is doing it. 10-12 hours is probably a reasonable estimate.

We've never build the exhaust you're describing for the V8, but we did one like that for a DB9. We can build one like that for the V8 no problem though.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 09-24-2018, 03:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
I don't see your email in your signature. I am actually in the States, LA to be specific. can I just order online through the link you put up above?
Sorry, confused you with someone else who's location said Toronto. If you're in the USA just order through the website. We are in stock on everything except slaves, waiting on those on back order from Aston Martin.

Reason I suggested emailing if people are in Canada is that we can process in CAD but we can only have one gateway on the website so it's set in USD as most of our customers are either US-based or in countries where USD is a more familiar currency.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 09-24-2018, 03:40 PM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Depends who is doing it. 10-12 hours is probably a reasonable estimate.

We've never build the exhaust you're describing for the V8, but we did one like that for a DB9. We can build one like that for the V8 no problem though.
Understood, going to PM you about the exhaust, cheers.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:44 PM
Sorry, confused you with someone else who's location said Toronto. If you're in the USA just order through the website. We are in stock on everything except slaves, waiting on those on back order from Aston Martin.

Reason I suggested emailing if people are in Canada is that we can process in CAD but we can only have one gateway on the website so it's set in USD as most of our customers are either US-based or in countries where USD is a more familiar currency.
does that mean it won't ship out until the slave cylinder arrives at your warehouse?

Old 09-24-2018, 04:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Yup!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 09-24-2018, 08:54 PM
Yup!
you didn't answer my question about the slave cylinder. does that mean it won't ship until the slave cylinders arrive from AM? and if so, what's the ETA.

i had the V2 kit in shopping kart tonight and realized that you guys didn't take American Express, which is about all i really use when it comes to Credit Cards. It's not a big deal since i need some new Credit Cards anyway. now i am looking at opening up a new CC my god, these credit card companies really want you to sign up with them. some offer 50,000 reward points just for signing up. some real good ideals out there right now

Old 09-24-2018, 11:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
you didn't answer my question about the slave cylinder. does that mean it won't ship until the slave cylinders arrive from AM? and if so, what's the ETA.

i had the V2 kit in shopping kart tonight and realized that you guys didn't take American Express, which is about all i really use when it comes to Credit Cards. It's not a big deal since i need some new Credit Cards anyway. now i am looking at opening up a new CC my god, these credit card companies really want you to sign up with them. some offer 50,000 reward points just for signing up. some real good ideals out there right now
We can ship everything else but there's not much point until the slaves arrive. Don't have a precise ETA. AM hasn't been that specific. I can't see it being more than a week or two tops.

AMEX wanted to bend us over so we said no. But, yes you can get some super benefits for signing up for a CC these days! First hit is free.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 09-25-2018, 04:23 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
I use Amex for just about everything too. The way around this is to tie your Aemx card to PayPal. This is what I did. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes here....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8 Vantage Twin Plate Organic Clutch & Flywheel OEM Replacement Upgrade