6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   AMOC in Atlanta Area (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/365817-amoc-atlanta-area.html)

Batman-76 05-31-2015 07:21 PM

AMOC in Atlanta Area

After doing a quick search for AMOC membership, I wasn't able to get a clear picture of membership benefits beyond the forum, publications, and sponsored events.

I saw some postings on the centennial trip, and some track days, but nothing pertaining to the southeast, it Georgia area.

Anyone have any new information on AMOC events in the region? Hoping to get a better feel before signing up.

Thanks in advance

midwestamv8 05-31-2015 10:08 PM

I'm sure the forum is great, but I didn't join because I can't really see any other benefit being as I'm from the midwest. All the events are on the coasts, and a magazine and forum aren't worth hundreds of dollars to me (well, not when I get AM magazine anyways and not when there's 6speed and piston heads...)

It'd be worth it if I lived on the coasts and could take advantage of the events. But there's never anything that's not 1,000+ miles away... not even in Chicago.

HenryM 06-01-2015 06:55 AM

We do have an active AMOC group in the Chicago area. I know because I am the Midwest Area Rep. This past weekend we were at the Champagne British Car Festival in Bloomington, IL. Our next is at the Sussex British Car Field Day in Sussex, WI. Our biggest event is during the Hawk Vintage Races at Road America/Elkhart Lake, WI. We also have a monthly Pub Night near the Chicago O'Hare airport.

You can join the AMOC by going to amocna.org. They also post AMOC events for all of North America.

Henry

telum01 06-01-2015 07:40 AM

For US owners, AMOC membership might only be worthwhile if you're in an area with an active group. On the east coast, that's basically FL, DC, and CT.

If I remember correctly, you can get discounts on parts (and maybe labor) at dealerships if you're an AMOC member. I might be wrong about that, though.

midwestamv8 06-01-2015 08:14 AM

I didn't know about the Chicago events. While I'm not in Chicago (5 hrs away), it's a lot closer than the coasts, and Champagne IL is even closer. Maybe I'll look into this more :)

boxercupdave 06-01-2015 12:03 PM

There's group in Texas and I just attended an event in Granbury a few weeks back. Not aware of any in the central US other than this one to the south and Chicago one to the north of you.

Dave

Batman-76 06-01-2015 04:46 PM

Hmm... Isn't sounding too encouraging. :confused:

Reviewing the events calendar, I see six events scheduled, none of which are within easy driving distance.

Guess I'll monitor the calendar and wait for an interesting event before signing up.

With AMOC being a bit of a bust, Does anyone in the area know of any groups or event coordinators for our beautiful cars? So far I'm on the local dealers mailing list, and the Caffeine and Exotics list.

Thanks for all the input. Just looking for exciting reasons to take this beauty out. Offering to pick up Ice Cream just isn't exciting enough hilarious

Montana107 06-01-2015 06:05 PM

Batman - I live in the Southeastern US as well and didn't see much benefit of this membership...

cret 06-02-2015 08:20 AM

If you service your AM at the dealership, I would inquire if they offer discounts for AMOC members. Both dealerships in my area offer 15% off for showing your AMOC membership card. The savings from the annual service alone covers the membership fee and some.

Old phart 06-02-2015 10:47 AM

Active Club

I'm on the west coast about three hours away from LA or SF. Was looking into membership also. But I'm looking for a club with events not discounts. I found a local group - http://www.valleybritish.org/ - that isn't Aston specific but a good bunch of people. They are open to any British made vehicle. There are other chapters around the country. They have events almost every month with a couple big annual ones. That's just what I was looking for.
I'm not joining to get a discount when I go in for service. I want to meet up for a meal and a good drive.
I'd suggest looking beyond Aston specific clubs.

cret 06-02-2015 01:52 PM

If it's consider free to join, in addition to have better chance of meeting other AMOC members in your area for possible gatherings and meet ups. Why not join and support this exclusive heritage?

just my .02