6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   The Next Generation In Aston Martin ECU Tuning - VelocityAP V-Tech ECU Flashing Tool (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/365845-next-generation-aston-martin-ecu-tuning-velocityap-v-tech-ecu-flashing-tool.html)

Stuart@VelocityAP 06-01-2015 12:36 PM

The Next Generation In Aston Martin ECU Tuning - VelocityAP V-Tech ECU Flashing Tool

Hello, World!

Welcome to the New Age.

You might not have seen much from VelocityAP lately when it comes to ECU Tuning. The truth is that no other company in the world offers the level of expertise and the breadth of tuning options for Aston Martin vehicles as VelocityAP. We have been quietly working on the development of Aston Martin protocols and files for our new tuning device: The Velocity V-Tech ECU Flashing Tool.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...5591169b0c.jpg

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...8af7192184.jpg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...fb2f2d5929.jpg

This is a new generation touch screen device which blows all other available options out of the water.
  • Simple Touch Screen Operation
  • No more tuning your car by 'loaning' out a tuning device and having you deal with the hassle of shipping it back & forth.
  • No more emailing files back & forth
  • Race-Proven and Tested Software
Each Velocity V-Tech device is delivered to the customer pre-loaded with a full compliment of our unique Aston Martin ECU Tuning file configurations. The customer 'Reads' the original file, to pair the device to their car and can then select from a full compliment of 5 different modified files:
  • Stage 1: Standard Performance Map
  • Stage 2: Standard Performance Map + Cat Delete
  • Stage 3: Full VelocityAP Power Kit Settings
  • Stage 4: Full VelocityAP Power Kit with Race Fuel Settings
  • Valet Map with 4000RPM Limit
Once the V-Tech unit is paired to the car, you can switch easily between any of these files at any time. Going to the track? Switch to our Race Gas Mapping for maximum performance. Don't like the look of that sketchy 16 year old Valet at your favourite restaurant? Switch to our Valet Map to protect your pride & joy.

There simply is not an Aston Martin ECU Tuning product on the market today which offers easier operation, switchable and highly specialized mapping options and better value for money.

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart...elamv12ecu.htm

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart.../velv8vecu.htm

WE WILL BE RUNNING A LAUNCH SPECIAL LATER THIS WEEK WITH SPECIAL PRICING - EMAIL ME FOR FURTHER INFO: Stuart@VelocityAP.com

MRY 06-01-2015 02:51 PM

The Next Generation In Aston Martin ECU Tuning - VelocityAP V-Tech ECU Flashing Tool

Will this allow me to extract a base map, keep a copy, and modify it to my liking and then flash the Ecu with my own tune?

Or do I have to use your map choice?

Thanks

cret 06-01-2015 03:48 PM

Stu, is it possible to upload newer version of the tune files (if/when available) to the unit? Thanks.

sdekoning 06-01-2015 10:01 PM

definitely interested in the special forum deal :)

Stuart@VelocityAP 06-01-2015 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by MRY (Post 4349198)
Will this allow me to extract a base map, keep a copy, and modify it to my liking and then flash the Ecuador with my own tune?

Or do I have to use your map choice?

Thanks

It will not allow you to produce your own tune. You can however still specify customizations to the maps that you would like pre-loaded onto the V-Tech Tool, within reason.

Stuart@VelocityAP 06-01-2015 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by cret (Post 4349225)
Stu, is it possible to upload newer version of the tune files (if/when available) to the unit? Thanks.

Just to make sure I understand the question - do you mean that if we come out with some software revisions down the road, you can still upload them with this device?

cret 06-02-2015 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP (Post 4349429)
Just to make sure I understand the question - do you mean that if we come out with some software revisions down the road, you can still upload them with this device?

Yes, that was my question. If you, VelocityAP, come out with software revisions of the tune files, will I be able to upload the revision files to the device and then apply to my vehicle?

Another question is - if my stock file needed to be revised (e.g. added AM power pack), will I be able to update and overwrite the OE/orginal file on the device?

MRY 06-02-2015 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
It will not allow you to produce your own tune. You can however still specify customizations to the maps that you would like pre-loaded onto the V-Tech Tool, within reason.

I'm trying to avoid using a Pectel MQ12 or Motec 880 and rewiring stuff and figuring out how to keep the OBD2..

After I figure out the max mass of the mafs, then I hoped using your unit I can adjust the fuel and ignition tables and be happy with whatever additional air I choose to insert into the engine with some little turbines (to the max limit of the maf and lambda target to keep the detonation gods at bay..) :D

I hoped your unit would allow changing the fuel and ignition tables to my chosen values.... :(

Stuart@VelocityAP 06-02-2015 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by MRY (Post 4349806)
I'm trying to avoid using a Pectel MQ12 or Motec 880 and rewiring stuff and figuring out how to keep the OBD2..

After I figure out the max mass of the mafs, then I hoped using your unit I can adjust the fuel and ignition tables and be happy with whatever additional air I choose to insert into the engine with some little turbines (to the max limit of the maf and lambda target to keep the detonation gods at bay..) :D

I hoped your unit would allow changing the fuel and ignition tables to my chosen values.... :(

Within reason, we can change this stuff to suit your needs, but it has to be done by us, not by the customers.

rmrmd1956 06-03-2015 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by MRY (Post 4349806)

Tables list each MAF's max at 32 lb/min but the limiting factor is injector size followed by MAF size followed by Fuel pump. Injectors are about 35lb/hr at the system pressure of 55psi and fuel pump will go to about 6-6.5 lb/min at system voltage of 13.5-14V.
You can figure out the HP limits with a little math

MRY 06-03-2015 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
Tables list each MAF's max at 32 lb/min but the limiting factor is injector size followed by MAF size followed by Fuel pump. Injectors are about 35lb/hr at the system pressure of 55psi and fuel pump will go to about 6-6.5 lb/min at system voltage of 13.5-14V.
You can figure out the HP limits with a little math

Thanks for the notes on the maf limit.

Are the tables for the maf from the workshop manual or something else like a Bosch data chart? Does the data source have the voltage and associated air mass for the maf from 0-5v?

I'm not worried about injectors and fuel pump as they are easily compensated if I need additional fuel above 100kpa.. For example, the Bosch part number can get me the injector rating at 3bar, which I prefer as a baseline vs 55lb or almost 4bar. A Hobbs switch can activate a secondary pump if needed, or a voltage controller can overdrive the main fuel pump.

However, I wanted to keep it as stock looking/function as possible, so if the maf has headroom, I can scale the injectors according to the fuel need and only add a secondary pump or overdrive the primary pump with a voltage controller if needed. (The ecu may also have a fuel pressure sensor that would throw a code if the pressure is tweaked too much, so another reason to keep pressure in stock range but increase volume if more fuel is needed.)

Depending on the maf algorithms, I can modify the fueling tables as a function of the maf voltage if more fuel is needed based on my desired lambda targets. With past mods in other cars, I have always found the maf to be the biggest issue in keeping the oem ecu, not the injectors, as they are very easily replaced as is the fuel pump. The signal of the maf and corresponding fuel table value actually are what I am after to modify, as this function is what drives the injectors and duty cycle. This can be a log function or linear function, and in the Aston ecu, I don't know how that is written.. That's why I was hoping that I can use a tool like the velocity tool to rewrite the fuel maps and ignition maps in line with a maf chart.

I am also curious if anyone has been able to extract the ecu data logs and see what is stored. Then again, it might be easier for me to hook up my Motec data logger via the obd port and attach a wide band lambda sensor to the car and drive around for a few hours and get some data....

Ok, enough rambling on my part..:rolleyes:

Stuart, sorry for hijacking your thread,

Best Regards

MRY 06-03-2015 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Within reason, we can change this stuff to suit your needs, but it has to be done by us, not by the customers.

Okay, this is good to know.! I will keep it in mind.

Thanks

rmrmd1956 06-03-2015 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by MRY (Post 4350099)
Thanks for the notes on the maf limit.

Are the tables for the maf from the workshop manual or something else like a Bosch data chart? Does the data source have the voltage and associated air mass for the maf from 0-5v?

I'm not worried about injectors and fuel pump as they are easily compensated if I need additional fuel above 100kpa.. For example, the Bosch part number can get me the injector rating at 3bar, which I prefer as a baseline vs 55lb or almost 4bar. A Hobbs switch can activate a secondary pump if needed, or a voltage controller can overdrive the main fuel pump.

However, I wanted to keep it as stock looking/function as possible, so if the maf has headroom, I can scale the injectors according to the fuel need and only add a secondary pump or overdrive the primary pump with a voltage controller if needed. (The ecu may also have a fuel pressure sensor that would throw a code if the pressure is tweaked too much, so another reason to keep pressure in stock range but increase volume if more fuel is needed.)

Depending on the maf algorithms, I can modify the fueling tables as a function of the maf voltage if more fuel is needed based on my desired lambda targets. With past mods in other cars, I have always found the maf to be the biggest issue in keeping the oem ecu, not the injectors, as they are very easily replaced as is the fuel pump. The signal of the maf and corresponding fuel table value actually are what I am after to modify, as this function is what drives the injectors and duty cycle. This can be a log function or linear function, and in the Aston ecu, I don't know how that is written.. That's why I was hoping that I can use a tool like the velocity tool to rewrite the fuel maps and ignition maps in line with a maf chart.

I am also curious if anyone has been able to extract the ecu data logs and see what is stored. Then again, it might be easier for me to hook up my Motec data logger via the obd port and attach a wide band lambda sensor to the car and drive around for a few hours and get some data....

Ok, enough rambling on my part..:rolleyes:

Stuart, sorry for hijacking your thread,

Best Regards

yup, been there, done that. Easy solution on the MAF is to put them in 3inch tubes and tune the MAF table. Ford racing injectors and boost-a-pump will get you to 650-700 Crank HP. Knowing how to do it is the trick. I had to figure it out for myself and its a lot of work. My recommendation is use a tuner for custom tune - Stuart is the MAN.
See https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...h-control.html

MRY 06-03-2015 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
yup, been there, done that. Easy solution on the MAF is to put them in 3inch tubes and tune the MAF table. Ford racing injectors and boost-a-pump will get you to 650-700 Crank HP. Knowing how to do it is the trick. I had to figure it out for myself and its a lot of work. My recommendation is use a tuner for custom tune - Stuart is the MAN.
See https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...h-control.html

I am glad you're in agreement on re-inventing the wheel..

I wonder if Stuart's tool can jig/scale the maf table to work with new injectors... This is exactly what I am after.. :D

700chp is livable.. I can probably go to 800+ using turbines, without increasing peak cyl pressure more than 10% so everything is within stock parts tolerances. My buddy's CL65 Amg renntech has 700 chp and barely breaks a sweat. ;)

rmrmd1956 06-03-2015 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by MRY (Post 4350164)
I am glad you're in agreement on re-inventing the wheel..

I wonder if Stuart's tool can jig/scale the maf table to work with new injectors... This is exactly what I am after.. :D

700chp is livable.. I can probably go to 800+ using turbines, without increasing peak cyl pressure more than 10% so everything is within stock parts tolerances. My buddy's CL65 Amg renntech has 700 chp and barely breaks a sweat. ;)

I know Stuart can easily setup your MAF table, base open loop fuel, boarder line Knock table and injector tables and slopes, but I probably shouldn't talk for him, he is the expert.