6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Seller discrepancy in private sale (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/365977-seller-discrepancy-private-sale.html)

deckman 06-02-2015 03:17 PM

Seller discrepancy in private sale

I'm lined up to make a purchase this week. I've spoken to the seller numerous times and he's always seemed on the level. He told me the car (2013 MY) was a leftover that he purchased in 2014 and it just had a couple hundred miles on it when he bought it. They told him for some reason they couldn't title it as a new car purchase. He couldn't explain or remember why. He just sent a copy of the title and it shows the mileage as about 4,000 miles when he titled it.

I've asked him about it and am waiting for a reply. I like all of the dots to connect. What do you think gives?

Durango 06-02-2015 04:35 PM

Carfax

That seems like a pretty big break in the story, what did the carfax say.

bluebarchetta 06-02-2015 04:45 PM

Likely a demo, maybe a corporate car (if Aston has those), worse case some kind of lemon buy back. 2 things to check:

1. Car fax to see who owned it, and maybe issues
2. aston dealer to check "in serivce date". This will establish when first sold/titled, and more importantly, beginning date of warranty

Edit: 3rd thing to check. Get the full service history printout from dealer. This will help establish what's going on

midwestamv8 06-02-2015 05:01 PM

I don't know if this is the same thing that happened with your car's previous owner, but when I was looking for cars a year ago Napletons AM in Chicago had a "new" 2013 (with only a few hundred miles on it), but it had been titled. The salesperson said they more or less "had" to title it at some point (I'm assuming AM doesn't like old MY's sitting new on the lot for years), so while it had around 6 months less in factory warranty and I would technically be the second owner, the car was new with only a hundred and eighty something miles.

So, it happens, but not sure why he couldn't / wouldn't have titled it until 4k miles if it only had a few hundred when he bought it. Maybe to avoid AM seeing that they "sold" it to themselves to clear the lot and then sold it immediately after?

omegaSMP300 06-02-2015 05:34 PM

Deckman I know which car you are talking about. I spoke with the seller too. I got a strange vide from him when I messaged. It might just be texting or what have you. But if you can take a look at the car in person or get a PPI run I think that would be best. Good luck.

deckman 06-02-2015 06:45 PM

Midwest, same dealer. Same car maybe.

I'm getting the bill of sale. It's weird but I think it's going to check out.

deckman 06-08-2015 08:22 PM

It worked out. Car is on its way back east!

telum01 06-09-2015 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by deckman (Post 4352833)
It worked out. Car is on its way back east!

So you bought one? Congrats! Fill us in on the details :D