Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Good insurance company that WILL insure an Aston?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 11:04 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
I use Hagerty. I pay about $700/yr with Agreed Value coverage on my 09 Vantage. Agreed Value is defined under the policy as:
Under Part D - Coverage for Damage to Your Covered Auto:
With respect to a scheduled vehicle’s limit of liability, wherever the phrases “agreed value”, “agreed
amount” or “agreed limit” appear, these phrases shall also mean the guaranteed value shown in the
Declarations for each scheduled vehicle.

Traditional auto policies frequently refer to "Actual Cash Value" in defining the limit of liability. The term 'Actual Cash Value' can be the subject of much interpretation, but is easier to determine when dealing with cars produced in high numbers. With low production Astons or classic cars, you are much better off to fix an Agreed Value with the insurance company. If your car is totaled they will send you a check for the Agreed value.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:42 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jagman70
I use Hagerty. I pay about $700/yr with Agreed Value coverage on my 09 Vantage. Agreed Value is defined under the policy as:
Under Part D - Coverage for Damage to Your Covered Auto:
With respect to a scheduled vehicle’s limit of liability, wherever the phrases “agreed value”, “agreed
amount” or “agreed limit” appear, these phrases shall also mean the guaranteed value shown in the
Declarations for each scheduled vehicle.

Traditional auto policies frequently refer to "Actual Cash Value" in defining the limit of liability. The term 'Actual Cash Value' can be the subject of much interpretation, but is easier to determine when dealing with cars produced in high numbers. With low production Astons or classic cars, you are much better off to fix an Agreed Value with the insurance company. If your car is totaled they will send you a check for the Agreed value.
i use Grundy with a similar policy but you need another car as your daily driver...

Last edited by MRCW; 11-20-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:51 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I also use Hagerty for all my toy cars. Agreed value on five cars two Astons one Mercedes one Audi and one Bentley for three thousand per year. We use one Mercedes as a daily driver and it is with Progressive.
With their collector car coverage they will cover appreciation up to 150% of the agreed value.

Last edited by Gene G; 11-20-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:26 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
This is the problem when what you need is coverage on a daily. Hagerty will only insure your toys, they won't insure your driver. And my toy is my driver, I don't want to drive anything else

Old 11-20-2018, 06:12 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Chubb here......

Old 11-21-2018, 08:28 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Now that's not a household name. How did you come across them?
Mapfre acquired Commerce Insurance about 10 years ago. MA has unique auto insurance laws and only a handful of companies insure in our lovely state. I had Commerce previously and is basically just a name change to Mapfre

Old 11-21-2018, 12:21 PM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Got a quote from Mercury who insures my daily driver. They want $1350/6 months for 4K miles a year. AAA was a few hundred more. Sounds high? Maybe because I’m in CA.

Last edited by lovingit; 11-21-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:30 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lovingit
Got a quote from Mercury who insures my daily driver. They want $1350/6 months for 4K miles a year. AAA was a few hundred more. Sounds high? Maybe because I’m in CA.
I am at less than that for the whole year.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:26 PM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
I am at less than that for the whole year.
who do you use? Are you in CA?

Old 11-21-2018, 05:54 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lovingit
I'm in Jersey, we both have the highest rates in the country. If there's nothing on your record that is causing the high quote call Travelers like I did. $1476 for the year, for a V8V as a daily driver.

But if you have another daily driver definitely call Hagerty for agreed value, that will be the most cost effective option.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:24 PM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I'm in Jersey, we both have the highest rates in the country. If there's nothing on your record that is causing the high quote call Travelers like I did. $1476 for the year, for a V8V as a daily driver.

But if you have another daily driver definitely call Hagerty for agreed value, that will be the most cost effective option.
Haggerty for 2 vehicles was about the same cost as Mercury. I have a clean driving record also.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:31 PM
RandyV will become famous soon enough
I have been a Progressive customer forever and their quote for my Vantage was outrageous. The dealer I bought my Aston from suggested I talk to State Farm (claiming "They'll insure anything.") and sure enough - they turned out to have the best deal for me.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:39 AM
Denny 6.53 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am in Ohio and have Auto Owners. Added on to my regular policy, my 2011 V8V S roadster is around $700 people year.
I have 6 motorcycles with agreed value coverage, but didn't know if my AM was eligible. A plus is that I don't have any driving limitations such as mileage per year, etc.

Last edited by Denny 6.53; 11-22-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:07 AM
Parvenu is on a distinguished road
You guys are all overpaying. As noted in an earlier post, the total cost for my Aston, Ferrari and Porsche, with both unlimited miles and agreed values with Safeco is under $1,300. The only hitch being you just need to have access to another car (such as your wife's, kid's, girlfriend's or I guess boyfriend's if you bat that way). And as for agreed value I just provided 4 photos of each car, told them what I thought each car was worth (on the high side) and they simply agreed. I guess that's what "agreed" value really means!

Old 11-22-2018, 09:33 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
What you pay is not what others will pay. Insurance has far too many variables to make a comparison valid. The only advice worth anything is to 'shop around'.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good insurance company that WILL insure an Aston?