Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Nav system secret menu

Old 06-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Kanga is just really niceKanga is just really niceKanga is just really niceKanga is just really nice
Nav system secret menu

Being new to my 2007 V8 Vantage I couldn't help but push lots of buttons and see what's hidden away in the system. By accident I discovered a secret menu in the nav system. Couldn't find details of it anywhere else but here's what I did. Should apply to 2006/07/08 cars.

1) Put your key in position I or II
2) Activate your navi for normal use.
3) Turn off the car with the screen still up and the navi system on.

If you use the "shutdown" command to turn off the Navi, then this won't work. The Navi has to be active when you turn off the key - let the screen retract on it's own.

4) Remove the keys, lock the car, and leave for a few minutes (let's say 5 minutes to be safe).
5) Go back to the car and put the key in position I

Since the navi was on when you shut off the car, the screen will automatically start to rise with the splash screen displayed

6) Press <Back> and then <Enter> (repeat one time) when the screen starts to rise and the splash screen is still showing

A menu with 5 pages of info/adjustment comes up. Not sure what they all do but lots of stuff to keep the boffins busy. Only place I could find these steps repeated were on a Volvo forum.

Enjoy pressing the buttons fellow Astonauts!

Old 06-05-2015, 04:12 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
wow nice, tell us what you find!

Old 06-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
When I had a 2007 that screen came up once by accident... will need to see if those instructions work on my 2009

Old 06-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Kanga is just really niceKanga is just really niceKanga is just really niceKanga is just really nice
One of the menus tells you how many hours are on your engine since it was built. Will take photos of each screen later and post.