Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

'06 DB9 Volante Electrics "Events"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 03:28 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold

I drove my DB9 several times this weekend, mostly for short runs, and I had the top both open and closed. I just went out for another drive, and five minutes after leaving home I heard an electronic beeping and saw a dash message that said something like the top hadn't completed its full movement - the top was down (open).
  • I pulled over, put the car in park, and activated the switch to close the top with the engine still running. It almost completed the process, but about three inches before full closure, the roof stopped closing.
  • I turned the ignition off, then back on again and re-started the car. I activated the roof switch, and the top closed all the way.
  • I completed my errand, and on the way home I saw a message that the selected gear was not available (I was driving it in automatic (D) mode). The car continued to drive normally.
  • A little while later, a message came up that the brakes weren't functioning properly and that I should pull over safely. The car continued to drive normally.
  • Next, I got an airbag failure message.
  • Then the speedometer (both digital and needle) and tach stopped working.
  • All of these events kept coming and going for about ten minutes, and all that time the car continued to drive and brake normally. As I pulled into my development, however, the messages stopped and the speedo and tach worked properly.
I typically keep my car plugged into a CTEK 7002 battery conditioner/charger when I'm not driving it. When I got the car into my garage, I connected the charger and the indicator lights moved up to the fully-charged position within ten minutes.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Old 06-14-2015, 04:00 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Convertible roof module? Your case sounds like a milder version of some of the Vantage CRM failures that have been reported here.

If I remember correctly, you can disconnect the CRM and see if it drives normally.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:56 PM
MRY
MRY is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zuman
I drove my DB9 several times this weekend, mostly for short runs, and I had the top both open and closed. I just went out for another drive, and five minutes after leaving home I heard an electronic beeping and saw a dash message that said something like the top hadn't completed its full movement - the top was down (open).
  • I pulled over, put the car in park, and activated the switch to close the top with the engine still running. It almost completed the process, but about three inches before full closure, the roof stopped closing.
  • I turned the ignition off, then back on again and re-started the car. I activated the roof switch, and the top closed all the way.
  • I completed my errand, and on the way home I saw a message that the selected gear was not available (I was driving it in automatic (D) mode). The car continued to drive normally.
  • A little while later, a message came up that the brakes weren't functioning properly and that I should pull over safely. The car continued to drive normally.
  • Next, I got an airbag failure message.
  • Then the speedometer (both digital and needle) and tach stopped working.
  • All of these events kept coming and going for about ten minutes, and all that time the car continued to drive and brake normally. As I pulled into my development, however, the messages stopped and the speedo and tach worked properly.
I typically keep my car plugged into a CTEK 7002 battery conditioner/charger when I'm not driving it. When I got the car into my garage, I connected the charger and the indicator lights moved up to the fully-charged position within ten minutes.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Sounds like the roof module. I had mine replaced after similar symptoms. The dealership or a mechanic with the diagnostic tool can check the can message to see what is causing the cel codes.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:23 AM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
search my other post has pictures too.
its easy to pull out CRM (its located in wheel well roof on driver side atleast for DB9), if you disconnect only thing which does not work is convertible roof, rest will be fixed, then you reconnect and see if error comes back.
You can purchase CRM form rob Sims at HWM AM (soein UK, still comes out cheaper. swap it then have AM dealer flash it for like & 80-150

Old 06-29-2015, 01:15 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
Thanks!

Old 08-14-2022, 11:34 AM
gdiraimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and this is my first time. I have a roof issue going on too.
I came across this thread and I don't know if it's correct for me to interject so my apologies in advance if I am being rude. I bought my 2011 db9 volante three years ago with 4900 miles on it. It now has 8300 miles. I have two problems I would like to explain hoping that somebody can help me with.
1. When I first bought the car the low tire pressure light was lit on the dashboard. I thought it was a low tire. After realizing the four tire pressure sensors are working properly and shows the pressure readings in the instrument panel I realized this is more than a simple problem. The nearest AM dealership is about two hours away, so no big deal I will live with it. So, if anyone has any knowledge of this problem I would appreciate it.

2. My second and more serious problem is when I got into the car to lower the roof today nothing happened at all, after working properly the day before. (no partial movement or buzzer noises). I received a message on the dash board stating "no roof operation possible", with an amber colored triangle lit". After researching the owners manual I came across a couple of interesting statements regarding the "no roof operation possible", with an amber colored triangle lit".. Please open attachment below. One states it has to be above 14 degrees to operate and the other states that you can not operate the roof above 30 mph. Does this sound like one or more sensors or modules have failed? your thoughts.

Finally I looked into buying a scanner to help diagnose problems. I narrowed it down to Foxwell NT680 Pro OBD2. I also own a 2005 F430 Ferrari and this scanner states that it will handle both vehicles. Is it worth purchasing the scanner and hopefully avoid the dealership? Thanks for any help and advise. Gary

Attached Files

aston martin roof photos 20220814_11435103.pdf (583.1 KB, 2 views)

Old 08-14-2022, 07:06 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
I have posted couple of things when I had problem with CRM and when one of magnetic sensor and how to fix them
look up thread started by me and see if that helps

Old 08-14-2022, 07:51 PM
Oh and even thought TPMS shows pressure as car gets older and battery gets older it will not communicate between TPMS UNITS and computer so it can show flat tire

most likely your discount tire store or other stores like that can replace the Tom’s most of them are 433 MHZ and you foam buy online and give it to them

I had similar problem on Lambo and even when they tested TPMS unit they said it was good but based on my reading I said go ahead and replace them and problem was fixed