6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Aston Martin of Long Island (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/369373-aston-martin-long-island.html)

Mark8V8 07-18-2015 11:39 AM

Aston Martin of Long Island

Trying to purchase a Vantage from AM of Long Island. Once a price was negotiated they seem to be evasive on closing the deal with a ready cash buyer. This is a long distance purchase so I can't stop in to see car or discuss in person. Anyone have experience with this dealer?

Thanks

Mark

Ron Avery 07-18-2015 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mark8V8 (Post 4372996)
Trying to purchase a Vantage from AM of Long Island. Once a price was negotiated they seem to be evasive on closing the deal with a ready cash buyer. This is a long distance purchase so I can't stop in to see car or discuss in person. Anyone have experience with this dealer?

Thanks

Mark

Mark,
I don't have any experience with this particular deal. I bought my Vantage from Galpin in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. if you're doing a long distance purchase check their inventory. they are real square shooters if you can find the car you like there inventory. Or maybe you can find a Aston Martin club member in the area of Long Island. Buying one of these cars should be a fun experience, it is a lot of money to spend so you would hope the dealer would be willing to help you every step of the way. Good luck.
Ron

Mark8V8 07-19-2015 08:33 AM

Update

Dealer did call at the end of business yesterday. It seems one of their salesman quoted a price (emailed the price to me) that the dealer could not stand behind. This explains the lethargic response. They countered with a higher price.

georgemaser 07-19-2015 04:13 PM

There seems to be a lot of Vantages out there. You should be getting about 10% off the 2015's that are left. I am in the process of getting a 2015 Vantage V12S for a great lease price.

Mark8V8 07-19-2015 04:27 PM

I was looking at a pre-owned 2013 Vantage Volante. The V12S is a great car.

Ron Avery 07-19-2015 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mark8V8 (Post 4373230)
Dealer did call at the end of business yesterday. It seems one of their salesman quoted a price (emailed the price to me) that the dealer could not stand behind. This explains the lethargic response. They countered with a higher price.

From what I have been told, if the dealer quoted you a price in writing legally they have to stand behind!
Ron

mto 07-19-2015 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mark8V8 (Post 4373230)

If haven't already, contact Simon who is the principal there. To me, he is amongst the best people at any dealership.

Mark8V8 07-19-2015 07:24 PM

Joesph

I did speak to Simon briefly on Saturday. He participated in the call. He seemed like a nice guy. Was hoping they would stand behind their salesman. However, I don't think their salesman was fully up to speed on the selling process or the Aston products. I normally would be upset, but I decided not get upset over this. Life is too short and there are plenty of cars out there.

yankee04 07-20-2015 07:04 AM

Mark,

Curious to know why FCI Greensboro has not been able to meet your requirements.

Matthew

Mark8V8 07-20-2015 07:31 AM

FCI Greensboro is a great dealer. The Long Island dealer had a used car that fit what I was looking for.

Speedraser 07-20-2015 10:41 PM

I bought my '09 V8V new from Simon and Brian at the Long Island dealer, and all servicing has been done there. IMO, they are superb -- I have only good things to say. I'm sure it was an honest mistake.

MSIZZLE66 07-20-2015 10:58 PM

if you had a signed purchase agreement you would have an argument but even then the dealer can back out as can the buyer, an email can be a simple typo, what if a 100,000 car was emailed as 10,000, a court would not force any business to honor that. Its easy to determine a fair price for a car these days, if the dealer owns up to it and maybe tries to do something to make up for it I would still consider buying the car. Not everything has to turn into a legal issue. I applaud you not getting all angry over it